[PLANNED 03 October 2019] Viper coming today in OB?

boedha68

Concur!

Same here - always.

People that try to tell you otherwise should mind their own business. Thanks.

Yes, same.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how you made this announcement as if anyone asked. Also, by my count, the only incomplete modules from ED are the F/A-18C LOT 20 and the Yak-52.

FW-190 A8, WW2 asset pack. We could add the Huey and Mi-8 that are missing the still advertised multicrew for quite some time.

And of course very soon the Viper, too. :P

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I'm not buying any new modules until they finish things I've already purchased - namely F18. I recommend everyone do the same! .... rant ....

If all people would follow your trend then there will be no new modules to buy and finish in the near future!

So let us support ED by buying into EA (and understanding the concept) so they can continue to develop and we let you wait until the modules finish! To each their own :thumbup:!

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

If all people would follow your trend then there will be no new modules to buy and finish in the near future!

So let us support ED by buying into EA (and understanding the concept) so they can continue to develop and we let you wait until the modules finish! To each their own :thumbup:!

+1

The following gives great insight into how ED operates and who they are...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4045236&postcount=4

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

If there's a module available in pre order that I want I well purchase it to support ED and the savings they offer. Not to crazy about the current status of the Hornet, but we will see what the future holds.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

OR maybe they would actually finish modules to be able to sell them ;)...

Still its not only ED its a software retail policy now a days, half baked open beta games for every one...

I have bought every EA out there... The Viper is my first No.

I don´t think you can pull the string for ever an expect loyalty "in eternum".

Besides the Falcon is a nice airplane but its been done before.

Give me a Phantom II, Corsair II, an A freaking 4, SU 17/22, Mig 23, and It´ll be EA day one for me.

Nope.

I will pre-order what I want, when I want. Not to mention, support ED, the company that produces the sim we are enjoying. :thumbup:

I refuse to pre-order another module until one is available for pre-order. Top that! :smartass:

As for the F-16, I think of it as being a test pilot during initial development, then continuing in that role as the aircraft matures, new technologies are added, the rough edges are ground away and she fills the promise of an excellent design. Bottle of wine? Sure...but it never gets empty. Trust me, I've broken more F-18s than have ever been built, but I spawn a new one and have never seen an error that says I've pranged my limit.

Still waiting for DDIs on the I-16. Hopefully soon.

For those of you who have pre-ordered thank you for supporting us, we do appreciate it.

If you have not pre-ordered but want to wait, we understand, when you are ready we will still be here and hope you will eventually enjoy it someday.

So will the Viper be Early Access when released? There is no mention of that one way or the other on the product information pages at digitalcombatsimulator.com. If the pre-purchase is for an unfinished module it seems ED should be disclosing that on the order and product information pages and indicating which of the advertised "key features" will or will not be included in the initial release.

And I'm wondering if there is any internal timeline for taking the VIper or other modules out of EA. As nearly as I can tell, every new plane released since the Viggen is in EA status, and the Viggen is pushing 3 years old.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• ED Team
So will the Viper be Early Access when released? There is no mention of that one way or the other on the product information pages at digitalcombatsimulator.com. If the pre-purchase is for an unfinished module it seems ED should be disclosing that on the order and product information pages and indicating which of the advertised "key features" will or will not be included in the initial release.

And I'm wondering if there is any internal timeline for taking the VIper or other modules out of EA. As nearly as I can tell, every new plane released since the Viggen is in EA status, and the Viggen is pushing 3 years old.

Early access will be the start of phase one

You can see our plans here, the team are trying to bring as much as possible for launch.

thanks

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=241132

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

For this project, we are striving to create a very authentic simulation of this particular aircraft at a specific point in time. We have no desire to create a Frankenstein's Monster that combines multiple F-16C versions from different time periods.

Core systems of our F-16C include:

• F-110-GE-129 turbofan engine
  • AN/APG-68(V)5 multi-mode radar
  • AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receiver
  • AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods
  • CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) update
  • ALE-47 countermeasure system

This will be a massive project, so we will separate it into two phases: Phase 1 Early Access release and then Phase 2 Product Sustainment.

Phase 1 Early Access:

• Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology
  • Digitally TACAN and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)
  • RWS, SAM, TWS and ACM A/A radar modes
  • BDU-33, BDU-50LD/HD, Mk-82LDGP, Mk-82AIR, Mk-84LDGP, CBU-87 CEM, and CBU-97 SFW unguided bombs
  • 2.75” rockets LAU-68 and LAU-131
  • Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)
  • AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder
  • AIM-120B/C AMRAAM
  • M61A1 20mm cannon

First skin will be the 55th FS at Shaw AFB.

Phase 2 Product Sustainment:

• Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
  • Link 16 Data Link
  • A/G radar modes
  • AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick
  • AGM-88C HARM
  • AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS)
  • AN/AAQ-28(V) LITENING targeting pod
  • GBU-10, GBU-12, GBU-24A/B laser-guided bombs
  • BRU-57/A Smart Rack
  • CBU-103 CEM and CBU-105 SFW Inertially Aided Munitions (IAM)
  • GBU-31/A and GBU-38/B JDAM
  • AGM-154A and AGM-154B JSOW
  • Integration of the JHMCS with the HARM Targeting System (HTS), Link 16, and AIFF
  • Night Vision Goggles (NVG)

• ALE-50 towed decoy

As this project accelerates, we will be providing updates to keep you abreast of our progress to this much awaited addition to DCS World.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I love how you made this announcement as if anyone asked. Also, by my count, the only incomplete modules from ED are the F/A-18C LOT 20 and the Yak-52.

Then your counting needs some work. Admittedly ED is inconsistent in saying which modules are EA and which are not. If you go to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/?SHOWALL_1=1 and search for "early access" then only the hornet is listed as EA. But if you go to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/?SHOWALL_1=1 and search for "early access" you will get hits on 10 modules, including every new plane released since the Viggen (except for the Viper, which is NOT labelled Early Access), and also the WWII asset pack.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• ED Team

Hi

the viper is currently pre purchase, it will go into early access in the next open beta.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Honestly I find DCS pretty stable as it is right now, and the Hornet is at a nice resting point

If you fly specific AC. I think the hornet is an ok state, others like the mirage less so.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm not buying any new modules until they finish things I've already purchased - namely F18. I recommend everyone do the same! The trend at ED towards the 'money grab' is getting worse and worse. 20 half finished projects is ZERO FINISHED PROJECTS!

Add +1 if you think this guy hit the spot

Personally I'm glad I don't have to wait another year to fly a finished version of the Hornet for the first time. I can't be happier with the time I've invested in it to this point, even in its unfinished state. The pace of updates allows me to completely learn a system until a new feature is added. Trying the learn the A-10C (I started flying it in 2012) was like drinking from a fire hose. The Hornet has been a much shallower learning curve.

I look forward to flying an incomplete F-16C as soon as it's available and have confidence that ED will ultimately deliver the goods.

Thanks for the work ED. Keep releasing compelling modules and I'll keep signing up for Early Access.

[/opinion]

Personally I'm glad I don't have to wait another year to fly a finished version of the Hornet for the first time. I can't be happier with the time I've invested in it to this point, even in its unfinished state. The pace of updates allows me to completely learn a system until a new feature is added. Trying the learn the A-10C (I started flying it in 2012) was like drinking from a fire hose. The Hornet has been a much shallower learning curve.

I look forward to flying an incomplete F-16C as soon as it's available and have confidence that ED will ultimately deliver the goods.

Thanks for the work ED. Keep releasing compelling modules and I'll keep signing up for Early Access.

[/opinion]

Since I don't want just free reign by those who don't support EA, and potentially destroying the genre I enjoy, I second this.

I've gained great enjoyment flying the Hornet even from the first day it was released and have enjoyed the incremental addition of systems as we've gone forward. I'd hate to imagine that we still wouldn't have the Hornet even now if it was "wait till it's completely done". I know I'll have plenty to do in the Viper learning best performance maneuvering, landings and takeoffs, generally most everything to do with flight before I absolutely need every system implemented.

Maybe it's because I work with developers of software, but I also know how development of complex software that's constantly adding new features goes. I immensely respect Heatblur, but I remember the long wait for the Tomcat (and look, still not done). This is better for me. If waiting is better for you, more power to you. But I won't be taking any advice that tells me not to participate in EA.

How many years have you guys been around now? I've been jumping on and off since Flanker 2. Think the longevity speaks for itself, this sim is never going to be finished, the day it is finalized and finished it joins the rest in the dust bin.

If the method works, be awful stupid to change it.

I'm not buying any new modules until they finish things I've already purchased - namely F18. I recommend everyone do the same! The trend at ED towards the 'money grab' is getting worse and worse. 20 half finished projects is ZERO FINISHED PROJECTS!

Add +1 if you think this guy hit the spot

You are both being selfish...you bough EA Hornet and now you want to block other people's chance to buy EA planes which they want...don't even think about blocking me from buying Mi-24P as soon as it will be flyable.

I don't mind the EA model as long as everything still gets finished. I've had a blast with the EA F18. The only really frustrating part with it was the lack of IFF in the beginning (because I mostly fly MP). I especially look forward to splashing some red F16's when they finally hit the mp servers :D (and of course actually flying it). I definitely support the EA model.

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

Early access will be the start of phase one

You can see our plans here, the team are trying to bring as much as possible for launch.

thanks

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=241132

I don't think that tells us much about what will be available at launch or when we can expect the rest. ("As much as possible" is pretty vague.)

Furthermore, it misses the point that none of this information is on the product information pages where you actually sell the product. For example, the product information "Details" page for the Viper advertises that the module will have "Dozens of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and sensors. From simple rockets to high-tech GPS and laser-guided bombs, experience what only F-16C pilots have experienced ‘til now." But it's clear from Wags' thread that many of those advertised capabilities will not be there until sometime during phase II at some unspecified future date.

You could be more transparent and forthcoming on the sales site. Your customers have a right to know that they are licensing an unfinished product, and they shouldn't have to browse these forums to find out. Disclosure of EA status should be prominent on every product information page that describes features or products still in development.

You are both being selfish...you bough EA Hornet and now you want to block other people's chance to buy EA planes which they want...don't even think about blocking me from buying Mi-24P as soon as it will be flyable.

Do what you prefer bro :thumbup: there is no problem in the EA, but remember you are paying (completely) today what you will have tomorrow, and just to say it is only useful for completing multiple modules simultaneously.

\ Trying the learn the A-10C (I started flying it in 2012) was like drinking from a fire hose. The Hornet has been a much shallower learning curve.

[/opinion]

Kind of OT, but really? What threw you for a loop about the A-10C, out of curiosity?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Do what you prefer bro :thumbup: there is no problem in the EA, but remember you are paying (completely) today what you will have tomorrow, and just to say it is only useful for completing multiple modules simultaneously.

Or you are paying (completely) today for what you might have tomorrow. (The Hawk was cancelled while still in EA. The Viggen has been in EA for almost 3 years.) The problem with the current EA model is that the company has no financial incentive to continue development at a reasonable pace if most of the money customers are going to spend on a module is collected up front. That's especially true if the unfinished parts are technically more challenging, and thus more expensive, to finish, which seems to be the norm. While I've been pretty happy with the pace of development of the Hornet so far, I will not be surprised if development slows and the release of some promised features is delayed indefinitely. I'm not blaming the engineers, but financial incentives matter, and the developers are deluding themselves if they think they are somehow exempt from that reality.

You just made me preorder....thanks!

+1

The following gives great insight into how ED operates and who they are...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4045236&postcount=4

That post was awesome!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

For those of you who have pre-ordered thank you for supporting us, we do appreciate it.

If you have not pre-ordered but want to wait, we understand, when you are ready we will still be here and hope you will eventually enjoy it someday.

I haven't yet, but as soon as new funds roll in, I'll finally do that with pleasure. I read that Stormbirds blog entry with Nick Grey's comment today (which I wasn't able to find on these forums BTW) and it just confirmed my picture of how and why you guys do that EA thing the way you do it. Having EA modules is always having an early insight and most importantly the possibility to learn things early (=moar time) and help improving the product. I'll take a "half-baked" one anytime over a release version without EA that comes even later than one with EA would come. Getting the this polished and seeing it evolve into a matured module is part of the fun as well. And, on top of that, we even pay less... icon_exclaim.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg