Any plans for a data cartridge?

FalcoGer

It would be really nice to not having to set up the same countermeasure programms over and over again. I bet in the real hornet it works similarly to the a-10 or the f-16 where there is a datacardridge with all the waypoints and cms programs and such. it would be nice if you could set up the countermeasures programs in the options once and then they're loaded into the plane.

especially since you can't program the ale with weight on wheels (probably a bug).

A pre-briefing screen similar to Falcon would be nice, this way way-points attack plans can be viewed and data cartridge information set.

New hotness: I7 8700k 4.7ghz, Crucial Ballistix 32gb ddr4, EVGA RTX2080 Super, TM Warthog, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 6700 ~3.2GHZ, 32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX1080 TM Warthog. Rift CV1.

• 2 weeks later...

NO,I know that in the latest news of JF17, the JF17 development team promised DTC loading. But for the F/A18C, the current focus is on fulfilling the promised functions and weapons. For the new aircraft and new functions added later. In principle, it will not affect the development of old modules. "Because other people add new functions and features, we also need to add new functions and features." This will greatly increase the time and cost of development. For example, AV8B and F/A18C have AGM65E missiles. A10C also used AGM65E, but it has not been added.

NO,I know that in the latest news of JF17, the JF17 development team promised DTC loading. But for the F/A18C, the current focus is on fulfilling the promised functions and weapons. For the new aircraft and new functions added later. In principle, it will not affect the development of old modules. "Because other people add new functions and features, we also need to add new functions and features." This will greatly increase the time and cost of development. For example, AV8B and F/A18C have AGM65E missiles. A10C also used AGM65E, but it has not been added.

Uhm, could you rephrase that? I read your posing like 3 times, but I still don't get what your point(s) is(are) .... sorry ...

Uhm, could you rephrase that? I read your posing like 3 times, but I still don't get what your point(s) is(are) .... sorry ...

Sorry, I mean the ED team will give priority to the F/A18C promised functions and weapons. Continuous addition of unplanned functions and features will greatly increase the cost and time of development.

• Like 1

Sorry, I mean the ED team will give priority to the F/A18C promised functions and weapons. Continuous addition of unplanned functions and features will greatly increase the cost and time of development.

Do you represent ED, and while I understand other features are important, I believe this is important as well for playing multiplayer. Also, why so hostile over a simple question?

He was not being hostile.

If not hostile then definitely rude. The data cartridge next to IFF and SA page are probably the most important features of the hornet. Successful implementation would allow for greater in-depth mission planning through preprogrammed CMS profiles, waypoints with detailed information, IFF squawk codes, and weapons profiles. All of which have the potential to be configured in programs such as Combatflite before one ever enters the pit. So lets try not to answer a question the "Wish List" forum with "NO" right off the bat without understanding what's being asked. /end rant

You can edit the CMS programs via the lua file so that your preferences are just preloaded. I believe if you do a quick search in the forum you will find a thread. (not trying to be an ass, I just don't have the ability to search right now..)

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

You can edit the CMS programs via the lua file so that your preferences are just preloaded. I believe if you do a quick search in the forum you will find a thread. (not trying to be an ass, I just don't have the ability to search right now..)

I'm not sure if that works with multiplayer.I found a mod that does the same. Actually it just overwrites that file. Still it would be nice to have it stock without fuzzing about in lua files.

Honestly the solution HB has come up with (marking on the F10 menu and using that as DTC info, at least for waypoints) is fantastic.

I would think an F10 utility using the F10 map, and other popup menu options like the stores loading options for the DTC would be ideal.

ED's gotta figure a way out to do this considering the DTC is critical for the F-16

Pretty much looks like we're getting there:

Correct, and this is why PB will come last of the modes. We first need to create a new waypoint systems that consists of a database of 60 points, from which they can be assigned to sequences, A/A waypoints, and pre-planned/pre-briefed target points. Part of a larger MUMI mission load task.

Now that sounds really interesting!

What's MUMI?

Memory Unit Mission Initialisation = MUMI

a.k.a. Data Cartidge

fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Not planned for the A-10C right now.

will it at least be made in a way, that it can easily used by other modules and can eventually come to the a-10c at a later point?

i mean, make it part of the core dcs briefing/flight plan mechanics and do not program it to be a "proprietary" f-18 only feature.

basic flight planning and cartridge functionality should be available to all dcs modules eventually, not just the poster boy f-18...

It’s in work.

Great news! But, just like twistking above, I wonder how it will be implemented and if it will be portable to other modules.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg