Need help with beginners SU 25T missions

Catanonia

Hi,

I am new and so far I have been plugging away with the freebie SU 25T and the tutorials / missions from the main menu.

I am progressing well, I can fly, land etc, but I am struggling a little with one of the missions.

From the Main Menu -> Missions -> SU-25T - TV Gudied Bombs and Missile Practice.

The mission states to destroy the targets around waypoint 4, but for the life of me I cannot find any targets around way point 4. I have flown all over it at slow speeds, checking against the map to ensure I am in the correct area, but I can't find anything after nearly 30+ minutes of looking.

There are no blue nato markers either, just 3 red markers for russian ground trucks at the return airfield miles away. I destroyed these an of course failed as I killed my own side :)

Am I missing something here or is this mission bugged ?

Any help would be great as it is really doing my head in.

Thanks

Edit : Looking again at the mission planner, there are 2 blue targets on the island of way point 3. These are not labelled in flight as blue and of course this is not waypoint 4 as the missions states. I am taking off to check them out.

Edited by Catanonia

Hi,

I am new and so far I have been plugging away with the freebie SU 25T and the tutorials / missions from the main menu.

I am progressing well, I can fly, land etc, but I am struggling a little with one of the missions.

From the Main Menu -> Missions -> SU-25T - TV Gudied Bombs and Missile Practice.

The mission states to destroy the targets around waypoint 4, but for the life of me I cannot find any targets around way point 4. I have flown all over it at slow speeds, checking against the map to ensure I am in the correct area, but I can't find anything after nearly 30+ minutes of looking.

There are no blue nato markers either, just 3 red markers for russian ground trucks at the return airfield miles away. I destroyed these an of course failed as I killed my own side :)

Am I missing something here or is this mission bugged ?

Any help would be great as it is really doing my head in.

Thanks

Edit : Looking again at the mission planner, there are 2 blue targets on the island of way point 3. These are not labelled in flight as blue and of course this is not waypoint 4 as the missions states. I am taking off to check them out.

I just had a quick look at mission, flew the Su-25T to waypoint 4 and I have two bunkers there plain as day to see.

The mission planner is one out, so waypoint 4 on su-25T HUD is actually waypoint 3 in the Mission Editor / Planner.

I see no problem at all.

if you use 1 key to toggle to enr mode on hud, then L-cntrl ` to select wp 4 and fly the -|- onto the circle on the hud it will take you straight to them, just follow the river left of you.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thanks,

Just checked the planner again and flew the mission again.

The bunkers are on way point 3 in cockpit on the island and not around way point 4 as the mission text states.

Bunkers destroyed now I have found them.

It does seem to be a bug in the mission. Also the mission summary gives no points for destroying the bunkers (unless it is supposed to be like that)

Big learning curve, but great fun.

Note to self : Read the mission and also check the mission map and make sure they tally up.

Many thanks

Edited by Catanonia

Thanks,

Just checked the planner again and flew the mission again.

The bunkers are on way point 3 in cockpit on the island and not around way point 4 as the mission text states.

Bunkers destroyed now I have found them.

It does seem to be a bug in the mission. Also the mission summary gives no points for destroying the bunkers (unless it is supposed to be like that)

Big learning curve, but great fun.

Note to self : Read the mission and also check the mission map and make sure they tally up.

Many thanks

Yes there is many bugs in said missions, and that one has no scoring at all, I have been fixing a lot of the standard mission over the years, campaigns and single missions and these corrected missions may be coming to a DCS patch near you in the very near future.

I am sure you will get frustrated with the game, as I did years ago, but it does have a lot to offer.

Glad you got it sorted, and best of luck with the learning experience.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Awesome and thanks for the clarification Ian. Good to know.

Loving the sim so far and once I get used to the SU-25T, I may be going for FC3.

Elite Dangerous and DCS in VR is a dream come true with my sim rig and Warthog set up.

Getting a Vive soon too cant wait! So DCS runs well in VR then? Hows the screen res? I have a GTX980ti and am hoping I wont have to lower my settings on DCS.2, as I dont think its too taxing a game graphically.

I think VR is the one thing that will make DCS.2 as close to perfect as possible especially as I also have a Warthog set up.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,