Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

But the Viggen isn't bigger than the TomCat. I'm confused.

I just read an article on the history of flight and there was a subsection discussing military aviation. The author specifically mentioned that the Swedes were unique masters of system and sensor integration (author was not Swedish BTW). I've also heard that the Viggen's datalink system was very advanced /effective for it's time.

I don't see this as a contradiction or an endorsement.

-Nick

Cobra said in the september mini-update that both are advanced aicraft

I always thought he meant 'in more advanced stages of development', but apparently it was a typo.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I always thought he meant 'in more advanced stages of development', but apparently it was a typo.

I'm pretty sure you had it right.

He was trying to clarify that "advanced" meant further along in development, not more modern or sophisticated. Little has been said on that front until recently, (September update) that some of the systems on "mystery aircraft 1 or 2" are more complicated than the Tomcats.

Thats how I interpreted it.

-Nick

I just read an article on the history of flight and there was a subsection discussing military aviation. The author specifically mentioned that the Swedes were unique masters of system and sensor integration (author was not Swedish BTW). I've also heard that the Viggen's datalink system was very advanced /effective for it's time.

I don't see this as a contradiction or an endorsement.

-Nick

Cobra mentioned it's bigger so I assume he means bigger in size

F-111 is bigger than the F-14.... Its an Aardvark!!!.

Tu-22M-3 is bigger than the F-14.... It's a Backfire C!!!

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Tu-22M-3 is bigger than the F-14.... It's a Backfire C!!!

the An-225 is bigger than them all... oh ma gerd DCS Mirya confirmed!

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

F-111 is bigger than the F-14.... Its an Aardvark!!!.
Seems like a sensible choice given some of the commonalities, but I figure the F-14 will probably be the first multicrew release from Leatherneck, and the other two are planned to come out this year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since we now know we are going to get a MiG-28 (F-5), what if we got a Zero to complete the list of F-14 cinema nemeses.

Yes I know they are really T-6 Texans, but still.

Would be awesome, not only for the F-14, but for the P-51 and P-40. (And the possible F4U)

Frisco1522

Ay 2:51 that F-14 That rolls on its back and dives at the water almost went in.

(Got that DVD for Christmas)

Whats amazing to watch in that video is how maneuverable the F-14 Was at slow speeds.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Aahh that movie is one of my favorites. First thing I would make when the F-14 and A6M2 modules will be released, is the recreation of the aborted showdown scene. What a frustration…

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

the An-225 is bigger than them all... oh ma gerd DCS Mirya confirmed!

Lol! The ultimate heavy lift aircraft! It would be more "complex" than the Tomcat. You need a flight engineer to fly the thing! Lol

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Lol! The ultimate heavy lift aircraft! It would be more "complex" than the Tomcat. You need a flight engineer to fly the thing! Lol

Well if by complex we are talking about crew then something like a B-17 or He-111 for the WWII setting would be awesome to see.

Frisco1522

Well if by complex we are talking about crew then something like a B-17 or He-111 for the WWII setting would be awesome to see.

Frisco1522

Very true! Believe I'm waiting with baited breathe on those bombers and many more! I'm looking forward to the coming year! So much to be revealed. I just with developers could share their WIP without so much nitpicky misbehaving by the forums! Drives me nuts, and the speculation is killing me. Looking forward to an update.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Frisco1522

I would enjoy the H out of a B-25-Mitchell - It can bomb and supply, + still get low enough to make skip bombing a thing :bounce:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, cobra recently said on simhq forums that the time between announcement and release of the products will be short, so don't loose all hope just yet, okay? :)

If they release something you don't like then all this waiting was a huge loss of energy. Better tell beforehand so if you don't like the plane you can ignore this whole thing. As it is now a lot of people will be one way or another disappointed because everyone secretly hopes it's his favorite plane that will be announced.

If they release something you don't like then all this waiting was a huge loss of energy. Better tell beforehand so if you don't like the plane you can ignore this whole thing. As it is now a lot of people will be one way or another disappointed because everyone secretly hopes it's his favorite plane that will be announced.

I personally wait for the F14. I am skipping the Viggen. I hope at least they would be able to reuse most of their systems for a future Grippen.

I don't think anybody will be dissapointed upon release.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV