Game Freeze

sgray

We are having a number of members getting this error and then the game starts to freeze and in some cases aircraft start warping around.

ERROR Lua::Config: Call error onGameEvent:[string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_chat.lua"]:694: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Then they get a repeating error that stops the sim with just an hourglass:

ERROR EDTERRAINCORE: utm_private::fromLatLon Longitude 93.6806d more than 60d from center of UTM zone 36

There is no DCS Crash log created.

This particular log file is right after a complete Cleanup and Repair per the FAQ.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

dcs.txt

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

• ED Team

Hi

please disable and remove all unofficial mods.

Delete mul_chat.lua in MissionEditor/modules/mul_chat.lua

run a cleanup and repair.

It should help, let us know how you get on.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

please disable and remove all unofficial mods.

Delete mul_chat.lua in MissionEditor/modules/mul_chat.lua

run a cleanup and repair.

It should help, let us know how you get on.

thanks

Just to be clear, that log was right after a full Cleanup and Repair. I would imagine that the only Mod added was VPC Airfield Equipment just prior to that flight.

So based on this, you still believe it is necessary to delete that mul_chat.lua file and remove VPC and run another Cleanup and Repair? Are you thinking that VPC Airfield Equipment is causing these issues?

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

• ED Team

Hi

The log was still showing mods.

2019-11-19 00:14:13.998 WARNING EDCORE: Source C:\Users\radim\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/US Navy Equipment/Textures/TOW is already mounted to the same mount /textures/.

2019-11-19 00:14:14.016 WARNING EDCORE: Source C:\Users\radim\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/VPC Airfield Equipment v2/Shapes NATO is already mounted to the same mount /models/.

2019-11-19 00:14:14.029 WARNING LOG: 2 duplicate message(s) skipped.

2019-11-19 00:14:14.029 WARNING EDCORE: Source C:\Users\radim\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/VPC Airfield Equipment v2/Textures NATO/VPC_NATO_textures is already mounted to the same mount /textures/.

2019-11-19 00:14:14.031 WARNING LOG: 1 duplicate message(s) skipped.

2019-11-19 00:14:14.031 WARNING EDCORE: Source C:\Users\radim\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/VPC Airfield Equipment v2/Textures NATO/VPC_NATO_textures.zip is already mounted to the same mount /textures/.

2019-11-19 00:14:14.147 INFO SOUND: loaded 34 sdefs from "c:\users\radim\saved games\dcs.openbeta\mods\aircraft\a-4e-c\sounds\sdef"

But yes remove all mods, delete the file, then run a cleanup and repair

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi

good to hear you dont have the freeze any more.

I would suggest renaming your mods folder in saved games to fully disable all unofficial mods. c:\users\radim\saved games\dcs.openbeta\mods\

and test on a mission without unofficial modifications, do you still see the problem then?

If you have a short track replay I can then test and see if I get the same.

thank you

• 1 month later...

i have also reported this issue previously:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4018790

I have done a repair, and I have gone and wiped out my Saved Games/DCS folder to eliminate mods, but it still occurred.

Now I'm under the theory that its network related, though I have no clue why it would only happen to me on certain maps. I am currently testing this theory by running with a VPN, and without. sgray, perhaps you want to try this too (a free VPN to test with can be had here: https://windscribe.com/?friend=sk3an5ip <- referrer link :) ). So far, it seems to have made a difference, but I can't be 100% sure yet.

Let's please compare notes here if we can figure this out.

and i believe the freezing occurs when these messages get so big and numerous. If you left the client logged onto the server and continued to get the errors, I feel like you would have eventually experienced a DCS freeze.

ERROR EDTERRAINCORE: utm_private::fromLatLon Longitude