What Do The Reputation/Warning Blocks Mean?

gary palmer

I have 0% warnings but also have 5 orange squares. What does that mean?

Please look at pic attached.

Why are some green squares lighter and others darker?

What do red and green squares mean?

What does a black square mean?

Where can I find something that explains all of this in a clear manner. Confused. Gary

1475362476_WhatDoTheyMean.thumb.JPG.46443b7ecf5d3bc1144922627bcbbee9.JPG

• ED Team

Hi

those are reputation points, which are given by users to each other, you can be repped up or down

you can see who repped you and why in your control panel

https://forums.eagle.ru/usercp.php

your warnings area is where you would see any warnings given out by the moderator team ( if you had any ) you would be able to click on the percentage and see the reason for a warning.

hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

A little addendum, mostly from memory.

There's reputation power, and reputation points.

A user's reputation power is always displayed below each post. If a user were to add reputation to another post (or subtract it), he would add (or subtract) this amount of points to the post-author. In other words, if Bignewy added +rep to you, you would currently receive 79 points, because that's his rep-power.

Reputation points are the total amount of reputation points received from other users via the reputation system. These are kind of private, and are displayed in the User Control Panel.

The math behind the reputation power is:

+1 for each full year of forum membership

+1 for each 500 posts

+1 for each 300 reputation points received (can be negative in case of -rep)

Now the squares are an indication of the reputation received. I don't know the current formula behind it, but generally speaking dark green squares indicate positive rep points, light green squares indicate a lot of positive rep points, red and dark red are the exact opposite (negative rep points), and a single grey square indicates rep points somewhere around zero.

Rep can be given to posts, but it's always applied to users, not posts or threads. In order to rep the same user again, it's necessary to give rep to (or deduct it from) 50 other users in between.

Basically, it's a semi-private way of saying "thumbs up" or "thumbs down".

• Like 1

Thanks Yurgon...I still do not know what 5 'orange' squares mean...are they a thumbs down or a thumbs up as in from other users. I also cannot find a post from another user anywhere in Forum pages who has them. Is a minor thing really but tricky to interpret. thx..Gary

• ED Team

the orange ones are empty warning squares, if you ever receive a warning those will change.

Only the individual user can see them, no one else. Everyone has them.

Capture.JPG.610ca6219b4bfba7f82a7c249601b134.JPG

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2