Any further progress to be expected

bkthunder

Honest question, with 2.5 just released and finally a single platform to work on, is there going to be any progress on fixing and finalizing the MiG-21 in terms of FM, ASP, pilot in the cockpit, fixing cockpit instruments etc., or will it only receive a MAJOR texture updates and that's it?

Thanks

Edited by bkthunder
turned minor into MAJOR
  • Like 2

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

To add to the above, I'd would not call an entire texture overhaul of exterior (complete) and interior (work in progress) of the module a "minor texture update" :)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Hiro, could you be so kind to tell us if this cockpit light effect is under WIP?

Thanks a lot for your kind replies.

bxrUJrO.jpg

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

To add to the above, I'd would not call an entire texture overhaul of exterior (complete) and interior (work in progress) of the module a "minor texture update" :)

Obviously they're going to update the textures and leave the module.

Seriously, mate? They've literally just released an update yesterday on this very forum. It's being worked on, chill out.

A tiny changelog of which 2 items are reportedly not working (nukes and nukes panel), my question still stands: what will be of the MiG-21? A beautifully textured 3D model, or a DCS level study sim?

P.S. I "fixed" my first post ;)

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I don't know if the Steam description wants to make me laugh or cry:

[...]the MiG-21 is, by far, the most accurate and comprehensive simulation of a supersonic jet fighter to date.
Key Features of the MiG-21Bis

Fully modeled avionics and weapons suites – exactly as they appear and operate in the real MiG-21.
detailed flight physics

Gent's I can only answer for the artwork, I can't answer for the programmers. I don't/can't control their department.

Work on the MiG21 cockpit is close to starting. I'm very aware of all errors related to it.

Needle errors

Glass

PBR textures needed

Changing material settings for lights

Fitting cockpit to external model

Change cockpit windscreen to match external

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

-Rudel-,it seems to me you is the only one from letherneck team who doesnt left MIG to die in errors :( Thank you for your work, but graphics is not enough for MIG fans to feel them happy ...

• Like 1

Куплю модули : СУ-7 , СУ-9 , СУ-11,Миг-23,Миг-27 ,Ту-22М3,Ту-95,Ми-24,AH-64,F-16 ,F-4 Phantom,модуль-карту современной западной Европы

I-7 4790k (4.4GHz), GTX980 4GB , Z97, 16Gb DDR3

Guys, nobody has left MiG-21 to die. We have pointed that out a number of times in the past few months. Work is being done subsequently on new modules and MiG-21bis. Also, Dolphin responded not so long ago to the flares issue thread. The fact that Devs are less responsive happens because they are working around the clock on our content.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I wouldn't call what amounts to the bare minimum to be allowed to continue to sell the module in 2.5 'a major update'

There is a growing discontent, and your latest patch has further broken the radar guided missiles, the cockpit lighting, the ASP, and the nuke doesn't actually appear to be fixed. 1 step forward, 2 back.

• Like 1

-Rudel-, it seems like you are the only one doing one's job on the Mig. Your visuals have always been perfectly done. So it's the work results of the the staff responsible for the Mig's systems (especially ASP) that we've been waiting for since the very release.

Edited by Harle

Also, Dolphin responded not so long ago to the flares issue thread.

Yeah, really? Im also respond in that thread today with problem of suddenly disapearing flares again! Come and look

Куплю модули : СУ-7 , СУ-9 , СУ-11,Миг-23,Миг-27 ,Ту-22М3,Ту-95,Ми-24,AH-64,F-16 ,F-4 Phantom,модуль-карту современной западной Европы

I-7 4790k (4.4GHz), GTX980 4GB , Z97, 16Gb DDR3

Gent's I can only answer for the artwork, I can't answer for the programmers. I don't/can't control their department.

Work on the MiG21 cockpit is close to starting. I'm very aware of all errors related to it.

Needle errors

Glass

PBR textures needed

Changing material settings for lights

Fitting cockpit to external model

Change cockpit windscreen to match external

Rudel, as other have said, you seem to be the only one working on this module. I appreciate your efforts and I have to say that textures have always been top notch in the MiG-21, unfortunately it's the other parts that are missing.

It seems to me like you're working on this on your own and there is no coordination with the rest of the team who simply doesn't want or isn't able to fix the long standing issues. It's a real shame, because an icon of aviation such as the MiG-21 deserves better than this, and it would be better to release it to the public to be modded, or let other 3rd parties to another MiG-21 at DCS level.

QICG3dU.jpg

Works on my side :/

Try the file I attached. Put it in the Croatia - 2014 livery folder

description.lua

• Like 1

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Please don't forget the RWR. I can live without every other planned overhauls but playing with that implementation of RWR is a torture to me.

Yes, a properly modeled SPO-10 would be a joy to use! It is such an interesting system, because you can pretty much get the same info out of it as the SPO-15. However that requires a good and experienced operator, it would be an awesome system to get a feel for!

Oh well, gotta hope for the best. And hope that when ED's MiG-23 get's released, we'll get a properly implemented SPO-10. :)

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D