Su 25T Shval display zoom settings

andyfoot

Just getting back into the Su 25T, watched the training video and checked the manual, which both say there are 3 levels of magnification, 1x, 8x an 23x. The level currently selected should be displayed on the TV Monitor in the top left, next to the target box size.

In my Su 25T I only have 2 levels of magnification and there is no display of how high this is next to the target box size. Is it just me, or is this a known issue? I've tried to search the forums, but have found no other reports of it. I've reinstalled, but still the same.

You must reinstall Windows.

About Shkval issue it's been mentioned many times before :P

One level of magnification's been deleted.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Thanks for that, don't know why I couldn't find it. Any idea why it got deleted?

Also, I can't seem to ripple fire the Vihkr like I used to, now it seems I have to wait until I re-acquire a target, leave it a few seconds before I get a Launch Authorised. In FC1 I seem to remember I could fire several of them in one run, spaced a few seconds apart and lock up different targets "on the fly" and take out 3 - 5 targets in one pass. Now I'm lucky to take 2 out in one pass. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for that, don't know why I couldn't find it. Any idea why it got deleted?

Also, I can't seem to ripple fire the Vihkr like I used to, now it seems I have to wait until I re-acquire a target, leave it a few seconds before I get a Launch Authorised. In FC1 I seem to remember I could fire several of them in one run, spaced a few seconds apart and lock up different targets "on the fly" and take out 3 - 5 targets in one pass. Now I'm lucky to take 2 out in one pass. Any thoughts on this?

AFAIK there was some issues with stable FPS at first level zoom.

To fire multiple missiles, use the same settings you use for the release of multiple bombs. Don't have FC2 though, so might be wrong.

In FC 1.12 Vikhrs were completely unrealistic. Currently you have them closer to reality behaviour. You can't fire multiple due to they are beam riding. So you fire next one after 1st hits (or first pair).

Don't wait for laser cooldown - turn on back it manually to fire faster - laser will be no damaged.

Shkval 0x zoom has been removed due to FPS issues and also by supposedly unrealistic feature... It is neither confirmed nor denied.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I accept it is probably more realistic, it is a feature I used to use and enjoy using in FC1.

I still cannot fire more than one Vikhr at a time, then have to wait for impact, wait a few more seconds after locking up another target, then I can fire another Vikhr. So if I need to take out an Abrahms Tank with 2 Vikhrs, I either need to press into to target and hope nothing else takes me out, or I need to complete 2 stand off attack runs, which take time to set up. Even in Black Shark, you can fire off 2 Vikhrs in one Salvo, specifically for taking out the "harder" targets. The systems are very similar, it even says so on the DCS website http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1671&scr=default#air

If this is a "feature" then I'll happily accept that this is just the way it is going to be now, I would just like clarification as I've tried (unsuccessfully) many different ways of firing a salvo of 2 in close succession.

Press CTRL-V to fire 2 Vikhrs (generally Salvo mode).

Keep pressed trigger till second Vikhr releases ;]

ಠ_ಠ

OK, sussed where I was going wrong, it is the Salvo mode CTRL-V. I was looking for a switch in the cockpit to change to say I was in Salvo mode, but I couldn't see anything changing. What I've now noticed is the HUD symbology changes on stations 4 & 8, they are boxed to show you are in Salvo mode. The Ripple interval times make no difference.

Thanks Boberro, don't know how I missed that before, guess I'm getting old! I'll see if it's in the manual, I usually don't miss those details.

• 5 years later...