New in cockpit sound?

EasyEB

I noticed the A-10C sounds a little different after the last update. I like it alot but it's harder to hear the engines, is it possible to tweak the volume of the different coclpit sounds? I'd like to boost the engine sound a bit over the wind+new sound.

I thought so too.

It almost sounds like something else is running behind you. I kept checking to make sure the APU was off. Just a slightly different sound.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Feedback from the engines is basically gone which makes formation flying and AAR problematic when you're used to setting your power by the pitch of the engines.

Way, way too much rushing air "white noise" now. Don't like it at all...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

If we take in-cockpit youtube videos as reference, I would say that white noise is very pronounced actually.

It would not be bad (as previously requested) to have more sliders in the mixer in order to adjust each setting in a capillary way (but above all to avoid that dangerous bang in the headphones every time you go in external view :helpsmilie:).

Last but not least, we should hear the opinion of an IRL hog driver. What do they hear through the ear defenders and the helmet exactly? The effect is it more near to the real before or right now?

If we take in-cockpit youtube videos as reference, I would say that white noise is very pronounced actually.

It would not be bad (as previously requested) to have more sliders in the mixer in order to adjust each setting in a capillary way (but above all to avoid that dangerous bang in the headphones every time you go in external view :helpsmilie:).

Last but not least, we should hear the opinion of an IRL hog driver. What do they hear through the ear defenders and the helmet exactly? The effect is it more near to the real before or right now?

+1

• 3 weeks later...

A buddy of mine is a contract maintainer / crew chief with DynCorp at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson. He’s both former active duty and Air Guard on Hogs and Vipers. I asked him to see if his pilots would comment on this.

And I quote: “Straight from my Lt. Col, the whine and pitch of the engine is very pronounced even with helmet and mask on and the canopy closed.”

Over to you ED

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com