Release of new Virtual Panel v.1.2.1!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a chance to try out the new virtual panel with Touchbuddy using Zorlac's modified export file. Everything work flawlessly. This is beyond awesome!

Great work Mnemonic! Just submitted a reputation point for you.

S!

:punk: :punk:

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Wow! Thanks :)

To do for next version:

- create warning lights (and trimer lights and so on...)

- create western style gauges

- planning to add some hardware support, for warning lights ;)... maybe output them into serial port, for simple external hardware devices... Thanks Nir for idea!

- some code refactoring, will get my time, but in future creating new devices will be more easily for me...

Thanks for supporting me ;)

• Like 1

Hi all,

I've been tinkering a bit more with my profile with the very handy touchbuddy toolkit (thanks Wild Bill) and I've come up with a new version. The first tab is the same as the one mentioned above i.e. payload, MCP and TEWS with a transparent background for use with Virtual Panel:

lomac-dd-01-cockpit.jpg

I've also added a Maps tab (a cannabilized version of the one from Zorlac's profile, redesigned for my 1280x1024 screen):

lomac-dd-01-maps.jpg

..a Keys tab which lists all the sim's key commands:

lomac-dd-01-keys.jpg

...a Manual tab which displays the FC manual:

lomac-dd-01-manual.jpg

...and a Training tab which shows TekaTeka's html version of all the training missions, along with links to movies of them:

lomac-dd-01-training.jpg

To install the profile, download it here and unzip to your touchbuddy profiles folder. Then download TekaTeka's training stuff from here. Once you've downloaded all the training stuff and unzipped it you should have a folder called LOFC_Training (which contains a movies subfolder into which you should have placed all the movie files). Drag the entire LOFC_Training folder into your Lomac-DD-01 folder. Finally drag a copy of your Flaming Cliff's manual there too. The end result should look something like this:

lomac-dd-01-files.jpg

Then just replace your LOVP.ini file with mine, and you should be good to go.

To use:

-Run TB in server mode on your main PC.

-Run TB in client mode on your 2nd PC and launch my "Lomac-DD-01.tbc" profile.

-Run Virtual Panel on your 2nd PC, right click and select "fullscreen".

-ALT+TAB back to TB and the payload, MCP and TEWS will appear around the VP gauges. You can then click on the TB tabs to switch between the cockpit, maps, keys, manual and training.

Cheers,

DD

Great tool !! It's a shame that I dont have either a touch screen or and extra computer.

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

This is the most amazing thing i ever seen :O

BUT

the virtual panel works great,

but the touchbuddy doesnt respond...

I mean it doesnt display data, in the cockpit view,

all images and counters stay the same...

Any clue?

Are you running VP+TB on the same machine as LOMAC? Or on a seperate machine?

but the touchbuddy doesnt respond...I mean it doesnt display data, in the cockpit view,all images and counters stay the same...Any clue?

Check your touchbuddy.cfg file and make sure you've added the appropriate IP address in the "client stuff" section, and edited the "lomac_data_file =" line in the "Active plugins" section. That last one tripped me up when I first installed TB.

Cheers,

DD

Check your touchbuddy.cfg file - and make sure you've added the appropriate IP address in the "client stuff" section, and edited the "lomac_data_file =" line in the "Active plugins" section. That last one tripped me up when I first installed TB.

Cheers,

DD

thanks for the fast answer but i forgot something to mention in my previous post, im running local on my machine, i dont have a second pc,

Is there anything needed to change in my configuration files?

And big thanks and appreciation towards Zorlac, for creating this wonderfull tool and to DickDastardly for his amazing looking profile....

I bet this is only just the beginning, we have only seen the top of the mountain :P

oh and thanks to the guy wo made the VP, cant forget that guy :)

thanks for the fast answer but i forgot something to mention in my previous post, im running local on my machine, i dont have a second pc

In that case, don't worry about the "client stuff" section, iirc by default it's set up correctly for running locally. You will need to edit the "lomac_data_file =" line, though, to enable TB to get the exported data from LOMAC.

Cheers,

DD

This is AWESOME :P

I havent seen any radar contacts yet, but my load out appears and i was like OMG :pilotfly::joystick:

do radar contacts work with all planes? and do they show ground targets?

I quickly flow the A-10 mission you can start from the main menu,

OMG this is great

I havent seen any radar contacts yet, but my load out appears and i was like OMG :pilotfly::joystick:

I quickly flow the A-10 mission you can start from the main menu,

OMG this is great

Yep the TEWS works for all planes and displays all types of target. If you fly the F-15 mission from the main menu you should pick up a MIG-29 on it almost immediately.

Cheers,

DD

The TEWs is not a radar screen, it is a radar *receiver* display, and will only show you the direction and relative signal strength of objects that are emiting a radar signal. Unless an object is scanning with its radar (air/ground/sea), you will not see it on the TEWS display.

I am away tomorrow, and possibly into Sunday, but I think I might be able to find a few tricks to add to the profile that will help :)

actually, we havent actually worked together yet :) This was a quick "kludge" to get the two applications working happliy on the same system.

When I finally get the enthusiasm to start coding on TB again*, I am sure we will work a lot closer to make sure things work better (or at least I am hoping we can work closer).

(* Am kind of burned out on TB at the moment. I`m not abandoining it, i fully intend to carry on development, but after the last release, and the long period coding for it, I want to leave it alone for a while. Ideas are still going on in my head, but none have really got to the point where I absolutely need to get them coded right now :) )

Am kind of burned out on TB at the moment. I`m not abandoining it, i fully intend to carry on development, but after the last release, and the long period coding for it, I want to leave it alone for a while. Ideas are still going on in my head, but none have really got to the point where I absolutely need to get them coded right now :) )

Why not take a break from TB coding by getting cracking on some more active plugins instead? A change is as good as a rest, as they say. ;) Mmmmm radars, Russian RWR, A-10 style TEWS, Autopilot indicator lights.....<pauses to wipe drool from monitor>

Cheers,

DD

or at least I am hoping we can work closer
Yep I hope too! ;)

Mmmmm radars, Russian RWR, A-10 style TEWS, Autopilot indicator lights.....<pauses to wipe drool from monitor>
I'm working on warning lights, trimmer lights, and autopilot lights too :)))

What about russian RWR "Beryoza" (and even A-10), I hope, I done it after adding all other gauges in western style.

• 2 weeks later...

Mnemonic,

that photo texture patch will be amazing if the above example is anything to go by.

Zorlac,

hang in there mate, take a break and come back inspired :)

i think you have earnt a little rest :D

the work you have both done so far is absolutely fantastic.

touchbuddy and virtual panel have enhanced lockon beyond belief for me.

and i thank you both for your efforts.

have just set my pit backup and look forward to creating a new TB profile incorperating the vp gauges.

Before I made a new version, I want to share with photo-texture patch (soon will be available) :)

Here's sample:

VP_photo_demo.jpg

i bet those photo-texture U.S. style gauges look good :D ???