Release of new Virtual Panel v.1.2.1!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mnemonic,

thanks for looking at this for us, my output with the debug version is below:

0,00 188,43 308,67 1,63 1,00 0,00 9146, 24 9146,24 0,03 0,00 1,19 1,02 0,00 0,00 1,19 -24040,08 9144,00 91059,47 -24040,61 9146,24 91059,59 0,00 0,00 0,00 67,50 67,50 320,00 320,00 1451,00 1600,00

no firewalls when doing this test.

good luck with locating the problem, thankyou.:thumbup: ggg

Take your time and don't kill yourself :P. Good luck!

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Guest Faflynx

Hi Mnemonic, Lynx from France again...

I have two questions :

- Do you use LuaExportBeforeNextFrame() or another command from Lua, and would it be possible to get less information. I mean, I recieve too much infos from the virtual panel, so my rate of FPS is cruising down low... We planned a solution in the 3rd wing with LuaExportActivityNextEvent(), that it would be possible to get 10 or 20 times a second.

- Would it be possible to learn how to decompile your .exe ( with your permission) to try some changes ( for example on the drawings of the needles), and if we put major improvement in, only publish it under your authorisation.

So far, again many thanks for your virtual panel a splendid tool for us pit builders...

• 2 weeks later...

I too am getting a "connected" message when the mission has loaded which changes to "disconnected" as soon as I unpause. None of the needles move for me at any time. I tried the debug version too and got the following in the text box (after unpausing):

0,00 127,48 138,89 8,00 0,99 -0,00 2002,10 1839,13 0,12 0,00 2,45 0,43 6,28 6,28 6,28 -35438,66 2000,00 408091,25 -35439,17 2002,10 408091,58 0,00 0,00 0,00 89,58 89,58 617,72 617,72 3775,00 0,00

If there's anything else I can do to help in tracking down the cause just let me know, as the program looks great and I'm very keen to get this working.

Cheers,

DD

P.S. I have the original English LOMAC CD, and the download version of FC (patched to 1.12a).

EDIT: I don't know anything about lua, but I noticed that the last line of export.lua refers to a file called "tacview.lua" which I don't seem to have. Could this be anything to do with the problem?

Thanks!

Right now, i'm sitting and programming next test version :)

EDIT: I don't know anything about lua, but I noticed that the last line of export.lua refers to a file called "tacview.lua" which I don't seem to have. Could this be anything to do with the problem?

Nope... problem not in that thing.

That string is commented.

YESSS!!!

I locate the problem!

Problem is in "Regional and Language Options" for Windows.

If you have "English" local format - then error occures!

Very soon I create a new version of VP with cured bug!

But for now, all you can try to change "Regional and Language Options" into "Russian" or "Ukrainian" format - Virtual Panel will works!

Thanks to all for support, trying my best ;)

hmm...

more "safe" solution:

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Customize -> Decimal symbol

change it from . to , (from dot to coma) symbol.

Think it will be safe. If some other program will have bugs after that, change it back.

I plan to fix this bug today or tomorrow. So as you wish :)

hmm...

more "safe" solution:

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Customize -> Decimal symbol

change it from . to , (from dot to coma) symbol.

Think it will be safe. If some other program will have bugs after that, change it back.

I plan to fix this bug today or tomorrow. So as you wish :)

Thanks alot Mnemonic:thumbup:

I am going to wait for the new version........excellent! Thanks to you I will now have a solid large bullseye map on the upper portion of my secondary 19" monitor and the virtual panels below. With your Virtual Panels, the TM Cougar,TIR4, VAC, and touchbuddy I am LOVING this.

Thanks again for further increasing my immersion in my favorite simulator.:joystick:

Any plans for gauges for the USA aircraft in the sim?

Out

Polecat:

yes, mnemonic intends to provide a set of US style gauges in the future.

and i totally agree with your comments about increasing the immersion.

th2go, trackir, TB, VP, and a good hotas,

all together makes for one hell of a good time :thumbup:

Mnemonic:

fantastic to see the bug has been located, you beauty.

on checking this thread recently i was thinking it may have been a language issue, and what do you know, turns out it was.

should have said something and then i would have looked clever :D

will be trying this out on the weekend, looking forward to finally seeing it in action without the disconnect.

ps: as per polecat's request, some of us are anxiously awaiting the US style gauges, any news on the progress in that department?

once again well done and thanks for your continuing effort, an excellent addition to our sim, ggg.

You crazy Ruskies with your mixed up commas and decimal points ;). Seriously though, great job in tracking down the problem Mnemonic. The gauges work superbly for me now after following your suggestion.

BTW if anyone else is trying the decimal change before the new version comes out, you only need to do it on the PC running Virtual Panel - it's not necessary to edit anything on your LOMAC PC (unless, of course, you're running both from the same machine).

Cheers,

DD

P.S. A very very minor point, but in the dialogue box which appears after clicking Restore Gauges, "sure" is misspelt "shure".