AFAC not using correct target marking option

I've been running into a problem since the last patch, I've been setting up drones like the Reaper as an AFAC, and setting it to use the Laser in the mission editor, and when it comes time to talk to the AFAC it insists on using WP target marker, which is obviously no good for guiding 65E's.

Could be a mission editor issue, could be AI, don't know, ground units don't seem to be effected by this.

It is a bit hit and miss, sometimes I can delete the unit, and put it back in and it fixes it, but most of the time not.

• 3 weeks later...

Marking means doing an action that you can see to help acquire the target. If you don't have anything that can see the laser then there's no point in controller marking with laser.

Designating he should do if he can and you can't. But designating isn't marking. He should mark with something like smoke or words or tracers first then later after you see target then he will designate for the weapon.

Its a known bug. Airborne JTACs simply will not lase targets not matter what you do. Ground JTACs also have an issue where mark is determined by the type of control the JTAC requires for the current situation. So unless there are ground units close enough to the enemy to require strict type 1 or type control the JTAC will never laser designate.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Its a known bug. Airborne JTACs simply will not lase targets not matter what you do. Ground JTACs also have an issue where mark is determined by the type of control the JTAC requires for the current situation. So unless there are ground units close enough to the enemy to require strict type 1 or type control the JTAC will never laser designate.

{sadface}

Hey-ho. Thanks for confirming it. Hope it gets fixed.

R.

• 5 months later...

i tested something with drones ...

i was wondering about that drones laser everything but not a target ...

are there some news for this problem available ?

i could send a track !

i can confirm ground JTAC lasing different targets.

but if there is a second group (second advanced wp actions) all JTACs did not laser second group

while ground units accept "GBU12 only" on my F-18, drones are ignored my payload ...

sometimes i have a mixed payload with MAV-65E. that is the trick ...

Edited by caponi

too much ...