New interview with Matt Wagner about 2.5 update

Witchking

Hey guys,

I can't yet download 2.5 until I go home. So found this on youtube.

First time I am seeing it.

cheers

V

• Like 3

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

(EDIT: I wish someone would ask about the ATC update, so Wags could shed some light on this as well)

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

:thumbup:

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Hey guys,

I can't yet download 2.5 until I go home. So found this on youtube.

First time I am seeing it.

cheers

V

Nice!! Thanks for the post and another nice interview with Matt!

• Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Thanks for sharing Witchking! (and rrohde for guiding me here ;) )

ATC is a forbidden question :p (that I'd love to know more about too).

At least it looks like we'll finally have some weather effects hitting our canopies (someday).

• Like 1

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• ED Team
Thanks for sharing Witchking! (and rrohde for guiding me here ;) )

ATC is a forbidden question :p (that I'd love to know more about too).

At least it looks like we'll finally have some weather effects hitting our canopies (someday).

Not forbidden, just no new info other than work will be done on it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yes!

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Not forbidden, just no new info other than work will be done on it.

I have no doubt SiTh, thanks for the update ;)

I was just joking and I'm sure they have plenty to do before they can start spreading any news about a new ATC.

Even X-Plane devs have been struggling for ages to create a better system and they're still on it.

I hope they did celebrate that OB release with plenty of fuel. That new 2.5 trailer looks stunning!

• Like 1

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 1 month later...

I would like to see better access to the ai so it could be programmed to help pilots by either training them correctly or being a good crew member in multi crew aircraft why have them there if they are dumb .

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

They are able to operate the weapons systems attached to their positions with multiple player-selected ROEs, and the pilot AI can hover or maintain level flight.

Would more features be nice? Sure. There's a wishlist forum here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=438

As it stands, they still have a functional role in combat flight.

�tonal role in combat, bur no†hing †o learn how †o fly correctly of †o training †he advance manuvues (sp). if Thy want a realist platform then training should have as much of a role as the actual combat. ask †he rl pilots how much time they spent training before the first combat mission and †he more systems the longer †he training

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I'm not disagreeing with you. In spite of what you seem to think, we're not all a bunch of children with no idea how the real deal works. Several members of my virtual squadron are RL pilots and aircrew, military and civilian. Many documents on training programs are publicly available and many of us enjoy learning how to do things properly to the extent that the sim allows.

My only point is that the AI crew serves a function. You implied they might as well not be there.

Multiplayer groups exist that offer exactly the kind of training you're referring to, that will no doubt expand when multicrew is implemented for the UH-1H/Mi-8MTV2 (which has been discussed for some time.)

Would it be nice to be able to do this in single player? Sure, but consider the challenges of programming an AI to accurately and correctly fly a realistic flight model of a helicopter.

Let's not derail this topic. I'd recommend opening a wishlist thread if you'd like to discuss it further with the community.

@Flankerman, the other guy is a YouTube personality with a gaming channel...I don't think he has any special qualifications but I will also admit that I don't spend a lot of time watching YouTube videos so I could be wrong.

Edited by feefifofum

Except for combat they don’t do anything that I’ve seen. Yes i have added a post there in the wishlist. I don’t think it would be that hard to program the ai if its do correctly.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Um, who's the other guy (not Mr. Wagner) who's talking in the video? I've watched some of his videos on the MiG-29 campaign, and I can't find any past mission 6, but I don't know who he is.

Also, he said something about the F/A-18C being the only full fidelity fourth gen aircraft. What about the M2KC?

Outch. I would not use the term "highly inaccurate"... seems a bit unfair :) Some features still missing and some tweaks to be done? Yes.

The fidelity will always be different between projects. No module is 100% accurate to the real thing... Anyways, thx for the interview. Looking forward to some Hornet A-A videos soon @wags