2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

This makes the Su33 the most simulated plane in FC3. The step to a full fidelity sim doesn't seem so big anymore. The systems are certainly less complex than the Hornet. I wonder why they just don't do it.

If they are allowed to do a PFM, I can't believe that the rest is classified. I person would put pay full module price for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Military aircraft systems are usally heavily classified. Just because you are able to model some sort of PFM doesn't mean you can accuratlely simulate the aircraft avionic systems as well.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Military aircraft systems are usally heavily classified. Just because you are able to model some sort of PFM doesn't mean you can accuratlely simulate the aircraft avionic systems as well.

That's a little bit exaggerated. The SU33 avionics are not heavily computerized like more modern airplanes.

Therefore, the systems are activated by relatively simply switches: on/off and some times 3 positions.

Look at the Mirage, with some educated guess it was cracked and systems were quite correctly simulated.

The flight behavior is the most critical thing and it is simulated. The navigation system, can't be that highly classified, the way armament works is not either, first because it's already known, and second because it's rather simple. Again look at the Mirage example.

On more modern SU35 where buttons of MFDs can be programmed to do anything, it's not possible to guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes the Su33 the most simulated plane in FC3. The step to a full fidelity sim doesn't seem so big anymore. The systems are certainly less complex than the Hornet. I wonder why they just don't do it.

If they are allowed to do a PFM, I can't believe that the rest is classified. I person would put pay full module price for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A DCS-level Su-33 would be amazing. Not sure that I really see it happening any time soon, but it's a lovely thought... :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I've been avoiding the Su33 because of the SFM. It will be interesting to see how it flies compared to the Su27 once it get's its own PFM. Wonder whether it will come before or after the Hornet?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I've been avoiding the Su33 because of the SFM. It will be interesting to see how it flies compared to the Su27 once it get's its own PFM. Wonder whether it will come before or after the Hornet?
I'll guess well before the Hornet. Hornet still has a ton of work, I imagine. Su-33 is in its final stages.

• ED Team
Not really a newsletter item, but its a sexy banner so i will allow it :D

For me it would be enough if it's an indicator of that second video about cockpit tour.:music_whistling:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

• ED Team
For me it would be enough if it's an indicator of that second video about cockpit tour.:music_whistling:

Wags is still waiting on a few improvements to the Hornet cockpit before creating the next Hornet video. In particular, there are a handful of inaccuracies to correct and the team wants to make it look a bit more lived-in. Once he and the team are happy with the quality of the cockpit, he'll create the Cockpit Tour video.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

summer sale has come. but i can not see any discounts on campaigns?

Except for the DCS: Normandy 1944 Map, DCS: World War II Assets Pack and DCS M-2000 save 50% on all e-Shop purchases!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

This!

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

+1 ... I wonder what ED understands by saying "all e-shop purchases" ... I wanted to purchase F-5 campaign, but I will have to wait until they are on discount too :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Congratulations to the ED Team for the DCS Weekend Newsletter

Hello,

I want to say thank you to ED Teams for the regular Week-end news sent by e-mail.

There are some interesting infos and it is always well presented (layout, screenshots).

I rarely subscribe a newsletter for a long period of time but the DCS Newsletter is an exception.

I've been reading it for several years now, even when I am absent from the simulator.

It is also rare to see a flightsim developer communicate so well with the community (website, newsletter and forum).

PS: I initially wanted to post this in the Official Updates forum, where there is a sticky post "DCS World Weekend News" but it seems that it is not allowed.

Edited by Simicro

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Hello,

I want to say thank you to ED Teams for the regular Week-end news sent by e-mail.

There are some interesting infos and it is always well presented (layout, screenshots).

I rarely subscribe a newsletter for a long period of time but the DCS Newsletter is an exception.

I've been reading it for several years now, even when I am absent from the simulator.

It is also rare to see a flightsim developer communicate so well with the community (website, newsletter and forum).

PS: I initially wanted to post this in the Official Updates forum, where there is a sticky post "DCS World Weekend News" but it seems that it is not allowed.

Indeed.

Just FYI the Official updates section is for developer use only. That is why it isn't allowed. But don't worry you found the right place to post.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Sweet Su-33 pic on ED's FB Page

nyv4lk.jpg

Those lights... didn't know the 33 had those. What's their purpose, considering the 33 has a perfectly fine set of landing lights like the 27 attached to the landing gear?

I wonder if this is the folded-in light on the right side? Never noticed that on the DCS model...

3301.JPG.ba0ded6ea1bb1063cf4d43da47aeb6fb.JPG

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com