Release of new Virtual Panel v.1.2.1!

To be honest m8, I know quite a few English people whose English spelling is far worse than yours, none of whom know any Russian words beyond "Vodka". :)

BTW I've just been having fun playing with the gauges some more, but I came across another small bug: When I eject, the gauges continue to work fine, but when my plane then hits the ground I get an "Invalid floating point operation" message which pops up repeatedly forcing me to kill LOVP.exe in the task manager. The bug doesn't always occur (and seems to happen less often in the SU-25T for some reason).

Cheers,

DD

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New version, with fixed bug is done :)

I sended it to ThomasDWeiss, so it will be aviable to download soon at Lockonfiles.com !

Note:

After installing you may have strange dashboard layout. Push "restore gauges" in menu. I forgot about this bug )))...

Mnemonic,

Thanks for the hardwork!

:thumbup:

Nowi

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Now I will think about warning lights and western style gauges

Fantastic :)

BTW just to confirm that the fixes in the new version seem to work great - changes to regional settings are now unnecessary and the panel no longer crashes after ejecting. Great job m8!

One problem I have had, though, is in getting the Virtual Panel to work with the Touch Buddy TEWS. If i add the line

dofile("./Config/export/touchbuddy-export.lua")

...to the end of export.lua to enable the TEWS then I no longer get a "connected" message from VP and the dials don't function. Has anyone else been able to get both working at the same time?

Cheers,

DD

I'm glad that it's working :)

What about TB-TEWS, try to configure touchbuddy-export.lua on the other port (not 8080). So TB may works in one port, and VP works with another (8080) port.

In next versions I'l add posibility to change VP port.

Mnemonic, tried the new version just then across the lan and it all works perfectly.:thumbup:

full screen with gauges @ 180 size, looks and works great.

and thanks to lockonfiles for hosting vp.

in a future release to simplify setup,

may i suggest adding an option to resize all gauges together,

rather than only one at a time.

perhaps a tick box to toggle between resize "individual or linked" gauges.

very very good stuff.

will be great to see a blend of VP & TB.

DickDastardly:

any luck with the tews?

If I'm understanding the touchbuddy.cfg file correctly, it seems to be using port 12000 so I don't think a port conflict can be the cause of the problem. I'm very new to touchbuddy though, so I may be missing something obvious.

Cheers,

DD

I`ll take a look at this later this evening and see what I can do to get it working

Z

OK, this should be fun :)

on the end of the standard export.lua file, I add:

dofile("./Config/export/tacview.lua")
dofile("./Config/export/virtualpanel-export.lua")
dofile("./Config/export/touchbuddy-export.lua")

Now, whichever one is *LAST* in this list is the only one that actually gets run. I am not an LUA expert, but I am guessing that something somewhere is being reassigned during the load/run of these lua files, and the last one to run is the one that is getting used.

How to fix this? Err.... I dont know, and I am unsure how to check what it is thats causing the problem.

I could "merge" the two scripts and see if that would work. I`ll see what I can do, but there must be an easier way of doing it :(

• Like 1

Yes, and the news is . . . IT WORKS!

Great program Mnemonic!

First of all, big thanks to Mnemonic for creating the LOVP program and of course "Codemaster Z" Zorlac for his contributing effort to make this usable with Touchbuddy by combining the scripts of LOVP with the Touchbuddy export script.

For those interested in trying to integrate this with Touchbuddy, it can be done as Wild Bill Kelso suggested earlier in the thread. I've gotten it to work as a "click-through" feature. See the the following thread for details:

http://www.touch-buddy.com/forums/how-do-i/824-get-lovp-work-touchbuddy.html#post6171

Incidentally, the two will co-exist with Tacview as well. Just make sure your last few lines in the export.lua read like this (with tacview last) -

To be continued...

--]]

dofile("./Config/export/tbvp-export.lua")

dofile("./Config/export/tacview.lua")

Just got them working together too and the results are stunning:

lomactbvp01.jpg

The Payload, MCP, TEWS & gauges in the (scaled down) image above are all displaying live data from LOMAC -this absolutely kicks ass and I encourage everyone to try both programs. Many thanks to both Zorlac and Mnemonic for your wonderful work on this stuff.

Cheers,

DD

EDIT: Just to stress to anyone who (like me) doesn't have a touchscreen - you don't have to have one to run touchbuddy! So all that's needed to use these utilities is a spare screen (and preferably a 2nd PC too to minimise fps impact on the sim, although that isn't strictly necessary).

you can keep your picasso, renoirs etc. this is art :D

well done to all involved, a great community effort.

has anyone managed to put gauges under a tb skin, Zorlac mentioned transparency. i was thinking you could have something like ruggs f15 profile with the gauges scattered around the place as per real cockpit across the th2go.

great to see there was a work around for the lua, and good to see the tacview working with the combined tbvp lua.

very much looking forward to the us style gauges.

this is good stuff, as DickDastardly says, you really should take the time to give these programs a try, well done Mnemonic and Zorlac.

I've uploaded the touchbuddy profile and virtual panel ini file I used in the above screenshot in case they might be of use to anyone:

http://www.mikesteven.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lomac/LOMACTBVP01.tbc

http://www.mikesteven.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lomac/LOVP.INI

They're designed for a 1280x1024 display but feel free to edit them as you like for incorporation into your own profiles. Assuming you have both TB and VP installed and working, just follow these steps to use them together:

1. Run TB in server mode on your main PC.

2. Create desktop shortcuts to both touchbuddy and VP on your client PC (in the lower half of your desktop).

3. Launch TB on the client with my LOMACTBVP01 profile.

3. Launch VP on the client then right click on the grey background and select fullscreen.

4. ALT+TAB back to TB and the TB stuff should appear on top of VP.

5. Launch LOMAC on your main PC. As soon as you start a mission and unpause, TB and VP should start responding to data from the sim.

Cheers,

DD