Livestream feasible for vfs's? Help us find out please.

Heli Shed

From within the 74th's Website (

http://www.74thvirtual.co.uk) you can now view 'Live Feeds' of members flying, training and mission running.

'Live Feeds' will be advertised on our front page.

We would like to take this opportunity to ask you for your help by popping along today (mod's please delete post after today) during the timings advertised so that we may evaluate the feasibility of using the free account for vfs useage. Our findings will be made public.

Livestream3.jpg

Question: Why all of a sudden 'LiveStream'? Arn't you just copying the 'VFAT' idea?

Answer: 'LiveStream' (previously known as 'Mogulus'), is a well known provider of streaming technologies to the private and commercial sectors. The technology has improved massivly over the past 2 years to the point that the utilisation of a Flash front end, almost renders the constant 'download' to a negligable throughput. This is in comparison to 'what is being viewed', it's quality and the increase (albeit variable) in reliable Broadband speeds that we have all benefited from during the past two years.

We're not 'copying' VFAT here at the 74th, but it is fair to say that VFAT 2011 has played a major part in reawakening an awareness of the technology by the 74th Leadership. LiveStream has always been on the 74th's roadmap.

Question: So, are you really paying out $300+ per month for LiveStream? What do you intend to use it for?

Answer: Ok firstly, we are not paying anything. We are using the 'free' account that anyone can create. There are limitations with the free account such as bandwidth (upstream 500kbps) and quality (not HD), but we have gone to great lengths over configuration of the 'pro-caster' and our own hardware, to ensure that the 'live feed' you will receive is not only acceptable, it's pretty bloody good!

LiveStream has so many uses for 'any' Virtual Fighter Squadron, but here at the 74th we will use it for Training, Mission Evaluation (tracks and tacview), LYNX server 'live-feed' (after a timed warning to members of the community), Mission Briefings, Braindumping and the 'odd' demo flight.

Question: Ok, so when is it active and how do i watch the 74th's 'Live Feed'

Answer: The 74th's Livestream Channel has been configured and is set up. It is 'Active' now, and you can get to it by entering the 74th Media Channel 'LiveStream' Sticky post in the 'Public chat and Introductions forum' on our site, or by direct link http://www.74thvirtual.co.uk/live.html . However, remember that it is a 'Live Feed' and as such there may be nothing on currently. We will be advertising the live feeds on the front page of the website, http://www.74thvirtual.co.uk as you can see here, or in the Public Chat and members forums. The only 'Dynamic' transmission will be that of LYNX Server activity, and there will be a warning to those who are on the server at the time, of 30 minutes prior to transmission. Even this Dynamic transmission will be advertised.

Question: Finally, can i re-view any previous transmissions of 'Live Feeds' like recordings?

Answer: It is not our intention to 'store' live feeds for viewing at a later date. Our YouTube page is the place for all 'Passive' videos. 'Active Feeds' are live only.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

'T'

Edited by Tyger

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Was watching you fly. Looks good, smooth playback.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

This really is quite cool only thing is I have no sound,is it meant to be like this?

Will tune in now and again,good work. ;)

Mick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

If livestream doesn't work out, I would recommend twitchtv.com Its more of a gaming oriented streaming site.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• ED Team

watching live feed at the moment, looks good :)

good job 74th :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

how did you get livestream to work with DCS? - procaster will not make the DCS titles active for me - see my homepage below - it works for BMS, IL2, and FC2 - not DCS though...

please advise.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Following Tyger's advice we're trying out Xsplit.

Here is a comparison screenshot of Livestream at roughly the same point in flight.

VFAT limits us to 600kbps due to the demand on the server from the viewers, so I set my Xsplit to 600kbps to compare the live recorded flight and and the same playback today but using Xsplit on 600kbps.

The main difference I've found is that Procaster blurs the ground scenery and tree's when the camera is moving, whereas Xsplit doesn't.

Trials are still ongoing for the VRA.

Comparison.jpg

Edited by Ells228

yes i tried both desktop and fullscreen but the capture is black..

i had a support ticket open with procaster and they said they were going to buy a copy of DCS to remedy but i havent heard andy follow up.

am i correct in assuming xsplit is your capture software? is it a competitor to procaster?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

yes i tried both desktop and fullscreen but the capture is black..

i had a support ticket open with procaster and they said they were going to buy a copy of DCS to remedy but i havent heard andy follow up.

am i correct in assuming xsplit is your capture software? is it a competitor to procaster?

Procaster works perfectly well with DCS titles. I therfore expect it to be your system Doom i`m afraid.

Personally, XSplit for me is well above and beyond that of Procaster. It is in competition only by virtue that it does the same thing. Procaster however is Livestreams own product and 'de-tuned taboot! XSplit is not.

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

interesting - does xSplit allow for multiple audio source recording?