When will we stop getting locked up by AI aircraft while parked on the ground?

key_stroked

Isn't the earth actually flat in DCS???

Or did they fix that with the new terrain engine with like 2.2 and Nevada/new Caucasus a while back?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Pretty sure DCS still only simulates a flat earth

I'm 100% sure curvature of the Earth is modeled for radar. Older maps are physically flat, but the curve is ''simulated'' for radar. I think the newer maps are physically curved, too.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Please try looking this in the track.

You are in between Tracking radar and enemy fighters. In this case you have been painted by the tracking radar.

If you are on the air. You have you ECM on.

A fire control radar hard locking a target focuses its energy to track that target. It shouldn't be locking me 50 miles away and triggering my RWR's missile warning.

How you described it isn't how it's supposed to work.

BigNewy did give an update on this recently:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221983

TL;DR: It's being looked at but it's more complicated than we would hope.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Story of my life...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2