Problem when attempting to transfer controls with the Christen Eagle II

Flagada002

Hello,

I'm brand new in DCS world, I'm trying to do multicrew with my friend in DCS's Christen Eagle, which we managed to connect together in the same plane.... We start cold and dark from the ramp, get it started from the back... BUT, when the front pilot hit "j" to transfer controls, we lose the engine within 10 seconds ... we can't for the life of us figure out why? any suggestions?

So far what I have is, when the front pilot (2) takes over the engine quits, we need to transfer back to 1 to get it started again... the prop and mixture controls remain in the full forward position as far as I can tell...

We are both using the beta version, the problem occurred with both me as pilot 1 and as pilot 2.

We would not use the "cheat" automatic start.

Thanks for taking the time to read this...

Will check this out and come back to you Flagada.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I have it somewhat confirmed ?

It seems that when two people fly in the same aircraft, as you pass controls, person that looses it for a split second can see the propeller stop and all gauges flicker. However we did not experience complete engine seizure. Only this very short stoppage visible to one person.

In any event, I brought it to devs attention.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

I have it somewhat confirmed ?

It seems that when two people fly in the same aircraft, as you pass controls, person that looses it for a split second can see the propeller stop and all gauges flicker. However we did not experience complete engine seizure. Only this very short stoppage visible to one person.

In any event, I brought it to devs attention.

Ok thank you. Hopefully they do fix it, in my case the engine went all the way to shutdown, and there was nothing the front pilot could do to regain it as they have no controls over prop, mixture and mags...

The rear pilot should really be able to adjust these even when the front pilot has the controls.

I'm not sure what we can do since we could not reproduce the issue with complete shutdown. After switch there was a split second problem but after that it was smooth, engine still running.

I dont think that is possible. That would require simultaneous control over the aircraft systems by both users.