NS 430 2D Flat mode pop out - Incompatible with VR

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Hi all,

We are sorry but the NS 430 2D Flat mode pop out is incompatible with VR.

The aircraft that use the 3D NS 430 will work.

If this changes we will of course let you know.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 year later...

But not if just press buy directly. Regardless of what you trying to prove Im dissapointed and there is no way your arguments can change that. 😉 

Im not stupid and I can read, but if the text is not visable how can I possible read it...

• Like 1

But not if just press buy directly. Regardless of what you trying to prove Im dissapointed and there is no way your arguments can change that.  
Im not stupid and I can read, but if the text is not visable how can I possible read it...

Well it is written in the shop page.
So you could perfectly read it.
You should read everything before hitting buy.
While they know (by your shop account) if you have a compatible module (for example they won’t allow you but an a-10 campaign if you don’t own the a-10 module), they cannot know if you use VR or flat screen.
So they have not any way to restrict your from buying.
Anyway ED usually have good practices with their customers.
So I suggest you to open a ticket to the customer service and ask them for a refund.
Everyone can do mistakes as you did buying without reading.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest Pro  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, F-16EX Grip, Orion 2 Base, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, tuffysdad said:

You mentioned that 3D NS 430 will work in VR.  Which aircraft use that 3D NS 430 system in VR?  Thanks.

The ones where you buy an additional 3D-integration module: L-39, Mi-8, C-101, SA342.

They're not worth it.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

On 3/5/2021 at 9:34 AM, Tippis said:

The ones where you buy an additional 3D-integration module: L-39, Mi-8, C-101, SA342.

They're not worth it.

Too add to that point, they maybe moddled in the cockpit but they don't integrate with the aircraft systems, ie useable radio, nav box, vloc doesn't work. 

• Like 1

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 10 months later...

Useful thread thanks. I was going to get this for use in VR but now I will not. I didn't understand what the "flat mode is incompatible with VR devices" meant but I guess that it means "popup window incompatable with VR".

Thanks saved me some troubles.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TAW-Prof said:

... I guess that it means "popup window incompatible with VR".

The latest versions of DCS have a WIP VR 2D NS430 pop up that places the 2D popup on the wrist of the LH hand controller or directly in front of your face.

Screen_220117_004321.png

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

2 hours ago, TAW-Prof said:

I might give this a go then. Shame it can't just popup by your right knee or place it mid air and turn on/off.

Given how little of the module functionality is actually in and working, it's not worth getting unless under the most niche circumstances. Any pre-existing on-board navigation system, including all the classic forms of radio navigation, removes the need for this module since it won't provide anything that isn't already in the plane. Best-case scenario is that you don't need to press F10 as often.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 1 year later...
On 2/1/2022 at 11:36 AM, Tippis said:

Given how little of the module functionality is actually in and working, it's not worth getting unless under the most niche circumstances. Any pre-existing on-board navigation system, including all the classic forms of radio navigation, removes the need for this module since it won't provide anything that isn't already in the plane. Best-case scenario is that you don't need to press F10 as often.

I think you never used the real way is supposed to. With this device you can add WPT on the fly. You know the time to reach a WPT. You navigate independently of your onboard avionic NAV and the most important. You can make an accurate bombing with dumb bombs… I will say everybody is a must in F-14, F-1, F-4, FC3, Su-25, Cold War Migs etc etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 minutes ago, pepin1234 said:

I think you never used the real way is supposed to. With this device you can add WPT on the fly. You know the time to reach a WPT. You navigate independently of your onboard avionic NAV and the most important. You can make an accurate bombing with dumb bombs… I will say everybody is a must in F-14, F-1, F-4, FC3, Su-25, Cold War Migs etc etc.

You don't need an inaccurate GPS to make accurate dumb bomb attacks. And since it doesn't integrate with anything, all it does is tell you your position — the accuracy is all down to your flying. Nor do you need it to navigate independently of your on-board nav system. Especially not in anything more modern than WWII, which already has the ability to be reprogrammed on the fly. Oh, and that all assumes it actually navigates correctly, which is far from certain.

And the way it is supposed to work is to integrate with all kinds of on-board systems. It doesn't. Its meant to help you navigate to and from fixed positions and airbases. It doesn't. It's supposed to be able to guide you along programmable routes. Often, it doesn't because it confuses magnetic and true heading. That is fundamentally the problem with this module: no matter what niche use you can squeeze out of it that isn't already there through other means, it doesn't actually work. In the many years since its release, aside from a few cosmetic fixes here and there and making it compatible with new cockpits (and core engine stuff like MT and VR), it has received all of one bugfix, which does not address any of its missing functionality or any of its numerous bugs to what little functionality there is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

With this device you can add WPT on the fly. You know the time to reach a WPT.

ETE to reach a waypoint has been incorrect since January as Ground speed is wrong (by a factor of x2).

You navigate independently of your onboard avionic NAV

You most certainly can't do that as desired heading/ground track is often incorrect on the NS430 (actual results depend on which map is being flown) and OBS cross track deviation doesn't work - so OBS can't be used to fly a sudo VOR radial, holding pattern, runway approach, etc.

The NS430 looks "pretty" and can improve SA but that's about it, ATM (due to it's current state) I can't even recommend it's purchase in a sale.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/316306-incorrect-ground-speed-being-shown-by-ns430/?do=findComment&comment=5240566

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Are you talking about radio integration? I don’t believe this device can be integrated to the original aircraft navigation.

I'm talking about all integration. The stuff listed in the sales blurb:

• Serves as both a communications radio, navigation radio, and GPS receiver

…which is only barely true on one point: it is indeed a GPS receiver — a very bad one that can't navigate properly. The rest isn't the case. It is not a comms radio. It is not a navigation radio (that part is handled via a GPS database of known beacons). And the actual real-world device spends a fair amount of space in the manual on how to integrate it with the standard components that should already on on your aircraft — up to an including the ability to provide commands to the autopilot.