Again, move it to second screen?

Holton181

I know, this has been asked before, and according to some people it's just to grab it and move, even outside the DCS window.

But I can't do that, like some others in those threads. But no answer has been given to us, not even any attempt of guessing.

I have one display configured in DCS settings and a second display for third-party applications of various types. I see the top bar on the pop-up NS430 and I can move it around and resize, but if I try to move it to the second display the mouse pointer is visible there but not the NS430. Doesn't matter if in windowed mode or full-screen.

Any advise?

Thanks!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

You can't move the windowed NS430 outside of the DCS screen. Now, what you can do is to define in your config.lua a DCS screen larger than your first screen so it spills partially or totally on your second screen, then limit your main view to your first screen only so you'll be able to slide your windowed NS430 out of the way.

I did a quick paint job here attached.

Suppose you have two 1920x1080 monitors. You want your main monitor to display your cockpit in 1920x1080 and slide your NS430 on your second monitor. You want your NS430 window to be 800 pixels wide.

You need to tell DCS to work on a definition of 2720 x 1080 (1920+800=2720) in your config.lua, and make sure that your main viewport in your monitor configuration (by default 1 screen.lua) is limited to 1920x1080.

Then you'll be able to drag your NS430 outside of your first monitor.

Note that because DCS is working on a larger definition, there can be a slight fps decrease, but not much.

NS430.thumb.jpg.e629dc61188630e2577c85ef0a18209e.jpg

Edited by BaD CrC

Thanks!

Will try it out. But I guess that area (800 wide in your example) isn't usable for placing other third-party apps over it? I'll see when I try it.

But it's a little strange though, those in the other threads who claim it's just to drag to the other monitor does so without stating any need for any special display configurations. Maybe have it for other reasons and not thinking about it? Who knows.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Correct. Your 3rd parties like SR or DCSFP or others will need to use the space left outside the DCS area. There are other tricks you can do with the NS430, like exporting it as a separate viewport (like ABRIS, RWR or NADIR), so you always have it at the same place when you are switching it on and you don't have to open the window and drag. Very useful for aircraft with integrated NS430 like the Mi-8. But the initial step is the same than what I described here.

For what the other said, I guess those guys were already flying with a multi monitor configuration with additional viewports and it was all natural indeed to drag the windowed NS430 out of the way without having to change anything from their current configuration.

Works like a charm!

Unfortunately to much of the second monitor gets wasted (small one). I really wish Sgt_Baker finds a way to make UltraMFCD work with DCS 2.5 and incorporated the NS430, not much hope though judging from some of his last posts...

Thanks for helping though!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5