what is DCS: NS430

Abburo

Sorry about the nagging but can we get that info pretty soon please? If it is really only for Mi8 15$ is way too steep for me. But if it gets integrated into other modules without making me rebuy it's a different thing.

Bottomline, we really need to know if we are to buy this. I am not buying it on a hint / assumption only to get burned later. I own all DCS modules and adding another 'buy' for a bunch of modules would ruin me. :)

The thing is, you are not forced to purchase it now and waiting until some more info shows up seems to be a viable option ...?

Sorry about the nagging but can we get that info pretty soon please? If it is really only for Mi8 15$ is way too steep for me. But if it gets integrated into other modules without making me rebuy it's a different thing.

Bottomline, we really need to know if we are to buy this. I am not buying it on a hint / assumption only to get burned later. I own all DCS modules and adding another 'buy' for a bunch of modules would ruin me. :)

Yeah that's the good thing, it's up to you to buy it or not. I think it's an awesome tool. It's just 15 bucks buddy, you buy a McDonalds meal with that :)

• Like 1

Glad I'm not the only one who thought DCS was now modelling shooting gloves...

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

cause ED has an agreement w/ Hatch to produce a Shooting Gloves module..... :megalol:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hm... great...

I Can't wait to see modules like:

UH1H Multicrew module

F/A-18 Weapons Pack

Caucasus 2.0 Assets Pack (Oh... Hello WWII Assets Pack)

Don't see what the big deal is w/ it being a Paid-DLC.

1. The Device itself is a Paid Addon for the Mi-8 in real life, and not Part of the Aircraft's Core Function.

2. The Device is a Complex device, with it's own O/S and Functions.

If you dont want GPS, dont buy it, Simple.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Manuals are included in the Module's /DOCS/ Folder.

I agree that it would be nice if ED would publish their general intent with this add-on, hopefully in the Friday newsletter.

--gos

This must be one of the weirdest software releases I've ever seen. No announcement of any kind, no subforum for the new module, devs are tight lipped and don't even want to tell what's the pricing plan. Just a page in the shop and a line in the changelog.

That's a new level of early access for sure.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

This must be one of the weirdest software releases I've ever seen. No announcement of any kind, no subforum for the new module, devs are tight lipped and don't even want to tell what's the pricing plan. Just a page in the shop and a line in the changelog.

That's a new level of early access for sure.

Totally agree . This is a very important addon and there isn't any word on forums or from wags . We even can not understand if this will be for only mi8

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

By this statement in the module description:

". . .an optional add-on module for DCS World aircraft. Starting with DCS: Mi-8MTV2. . ."

I would assume, with a high propability, that the module will eventually be integrated to other modules as well...

Paying 15 bucks for 5 of these for different modules would be utterly absurd and an evil cashgrab. 15 bucks for a GPS for multiple aircraft down the line sounds like something I might even eventually buy into.

I know it feels dumb at the outset, but we need to remember, this is not a required module to play any of the aircraft that will receive it - unlike the WWII asset pack, which you need to have in order to play any mission with said assets used. Plus, assuming this GPS will be a part of most of the older generation DCS aircraft... those were NOT getting a GPS or any other additional feature. Now, there might be a chance to get GPS navigation to the older aircraft, giving them a large boost for navigation, which in turn makes them more useful in different scenarios.

I'm divided over these micro-modules, but I'm glad it doesn't seem that this is something that would at any point be required, unlike the WWII assets, or the possible future Carrier DLC.

Options are not bad so long as they are not mandatory, and this is not.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

By this statement in the module description:

". . .an optional add-on module for DCS World aircraft. Starting with DCS: Mi-8MTV2. . ."

I would assume, with a high propability, that the module will eventually be integrated to other modules as well...

Paying 15 bucks for 5 of these for different modules would be utterly absurd and an evil cashgrab. 15 bucks for a GPS for multiple aircraft down the line sounds like something I might even eventually buy into.

On the other hand, the module itself is called "DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for DCS: Mi-8MTV2"

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

On the other hand, the module itself is called "DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for DCS: Mi-8MTV2"

I know, which is quite confusing.

Still, I would argue that the description is made to complement and clarify the name...

I could be wrong, I could be right... Until the officials say something, we can merely speculate.

Here is hoping...

DCS Finland | SF squadron

IF you have purchased the module. ;-)

you can install it without purchasing it, you just wont be able to use it.

I know, which is quite confusing.

Still, I would argue that the description is made to complement and clarify the name...

I could be wrong, I could be right... Until the officials say something, we can merely speculate.

If you buy this thinking it's 15$ for all airplanes, and it turns out it's 15$ for each, then devs can say it's your fault as you didn't read what you pay for.

Confusing, but it is what it is.