VAICOM for VoiceAttack

---- ANNOUNCEMENT: VAICOM 2.0 ready for testing ----

** drum rolls **

The next generation of VAICOM is getting close to completion.

With a completely reworked logic engine and a stash of changes

and improvements over v1.1 this release promises unprecedented

game play for VoiceAttack owners. Stay tuned!

TESTERS NEEDED:

PM me if you want to receive a pre-release version for testing.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hi,

I would like to try v2 please.

Does it have an updated manual?

I'm a little green with this sort of thing although I have downloaded VA today and started trying it.

V1.1 works fine outside DCS (aside from mis reads which I can train of course)

but I've not managed to get it working in DCS properly yet (user error I'm sure)

It seems to work (comms menus come up) but no reply??

I'm sure i'm on the right freq etc (created a simple TE on runway) but no reply as of yet.

I real idiots guide to setting this thing up would be great (as an example the original manual says its easy to change PPT but not obvious to me in VA settings page!)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

@Vantskruv Yes, Easy Communications ON and OFF mode are both supported. v2.0 will have far more realistic comms. It accepts loose commands with full use of player callsigns (enforced or not), and have context-sensitive message interpretation. For example you can say stuff like 'Three, weapons hot for my group on the nose', 'Two, go for that Triple A from the North with rifles', or 'Gelendzhik, Enfield12, 20 miles inbound for finals', and it will know exactly what you're talking about.

@Gary Thanks for your support. Updating the manual is actually what will still take the most time probably, it's on my to-do list :thumbup: Let me PM you with some tips.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I think that's a good suggestion actually.

When VAICOM2 is released I'll start a new thread there.

I would be interested in testing for you hollywood..also I think you should move this whole topic over to the inputs section of the forum because I think a lot of people are missing this as it's in the mods part of the forum. Just a suggestion really

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

it should work with all modules no?

Well, not exactly. The individual DCS aircraft modules tend to have different comms menu structures and commands.

VAICOM currently supports the A-10C and F-15C, although everyone is welcome to make adaptations for their own

personal favourite DCS module (if anyone has done so, please share!).

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I noticed VAICOM for the A10C is missing a few JTAC callouts, mainly pertaining to type 1 & type 2 controls where they mark the targets.

in the default a10c profile for VAICOM, i couldn't find a "CONTACT the mark" call out in VAICOM for targets marked with WP.

I also couldn't find the "SPARKLE", and "Contact Sparkle" call outs (IR laser mark) in the VAICOM profile either , i'm currently working on adding them to my profile, i still haven't checked for type 1/2 call outs for "LASE" or other marking types, but plan to and will note if they are in VAICOM and if not i will add those as well.

both the above mentioned call outs result in reverting back to keyboard method for the steps missing in vaicom, which i learn is really hard when you have the comms menu invisible lmao :music_whistling: the end result of which was me constantly either checking out, repeatedly asking for BDA or announcing unable to comply and getting told that they have no tasking because i said i cant do what they asked lol

Edited by Davison

Sounds good :-)

Reply sent, you might not be able to tell from my forum account, but i've been around for 4 years and never said a word till the last couple months lol. I'll keep you posted on any other things i notice missing from VAICOM as well...

also, the ATC tower names in voice recognition hates me, no matter how hard i try to articulate lol guess ill stick to ATC select...

good news for anyone else who disabled the comm menu - the divert CDU page in the A-10 lists the ATC towers exactly how the show up on the comm menu, so you can skip the ATC list VAICOM command by bringing up the divert page, and just saying "ATC Select <# counted from top of divert Page>" downside is, divert page only shows first 4 towers i believe...

Edited by Davison

• 3 weeks later...

Great script, thank you, I am having issues though. I would rather trigger the PTT using my Warthog throttle's buttons, rather than using the Num0 etc.

Is there a way to get VA to do this, or will I need to create a Target profile for A-10c etc?

For whatever reason, I can't get VA to see my HOTAS...

EDIT: V1.1 - added simple Autohotkey script to map joystick buttons to NUM0-NUM3.

This will work with any type of DirectX device. Just edit the .ahk script in Notepad to

match your setup.

Use the autohotkey script provided in the download.

Download Autohotkey here: http://www.autohotkey.com/

Also, with me having so many input devices, if you want you can use this AHK script to figure out what input number your throttle is:

Use the Plus (+) or Minus (-) keys (Use the 0-9 +/- | NOT the NUMPAD +/-) to tell the script which stick to query.

Note: I did not Originally Create this script, it is the Default Script Downloaded from AHK's sample list, and slightly modified to use the +/- to navigate which driver to query

; July 6, 2005: Added auto-detection of joystick number.
; May 8, 2005 : Fixed: JoyAxes is no longer queried as a means of
; detecting whether the joystick is connected.  Some joysticks are
; gamepads and don't have even a single axis.

; If you want to unconditionally use a specific joystick number, change
; the following value from 0 to the number of the joystick (1-16).
; A value of 0 causes the joystick number to be auto-detected:
JoystickNumber = 0

; END OF CONFIG SECTION. Do not make changes below this point unless
; you wish to alter the basic functionality of the script.

; Auto-detect the joystick number if called for:
if JoystickNumber <= 0
{
   Loop 16  ; Query each joystick number to find out which ones exist.
   {
       GetKeyState, JoyName, %A_Index%JoyName
       if JoyName <>
       {
           JoystickNumber = %A_Index%
           break
       }
   }
   if JoystickNumber <= 0
   {
       MsgBox The system does not appear to have any joysticks.
       ExitApp
   }
}

#SingleInstance
SetFormat, float, 03  ; Omit decimal point from axis position percentages.
SetupJoystick()
Loop
{
   buttons_down =
   Loop, %joy_buttons%
   {
       GetKeyState, joy%a_index%, %JoystickNumber%joy%a_index%
       if joy%a_index% = D
           buttons_down = %buttons_down%%a_space%%a_index%
   }
   GetKeyState, joyx, %JoystickNumber%JoyX
   axis_info = X%joyx%
   GetKeyState, joyy, %JoystickNumber%JoyY
   axis_info = %axis_info%%a_space%%a_space%Y%joyy%
   IfInString, joy_info, Z
   {
       GetKeyState, joyz, %JoystickNumber%JoyZ
       axis_info = %axis_info%%a_space%%a_space%Z%joyz%
   }
   IfInString, joy_info, R
   {
       GetKeyState, joyr, %JoystickNumber%JoyR
       axis_info = %axis_info%%a_space%%a_space%R%joyr%
   }
   IfInString, joy_info, U
   {
       GetKeyState, joyu, %JoystickNumber%JoyU
       axis_info = %axis_info%%a_space%%a_space%U%joyu%
   }
   IfInString, joy_info, V
   {
       GetKeyState, joyv, %JoystickNumber%JoyV
       axis_info = %axis_info%%a_space%%a_space%V%joyv%
   }
   IfInString, joy_info, P
   {
       GetKeyState, joyp, %JoystickNumber%JoyPOV
       axis_info = %axis_info%%a_space%%a_space%POV%joyp%
   }
   ToolTip, %joy_name% (#%JoystickNumber%):`n%axis_info%`nButtons Down: %buttons_down%`n`n(right-click the tray icon to exit)
   Sleep, 100
}

Esc:: ExitApp
=:: JoyNum(1)
-:: JoyNum(-1)
return

JoyNum(dir)
{
Global JoystickNumber
if (JoystickNumber + dir > 0 && JoystickNumber + dir < 17)
{
	JoystickNumber += dir
	SetupJoystick()
}
Return
}
SetupJoystick()
{
Global JoystickNumber, joy_buttons, joy_name, joy_info

GetKeyState, joy_buttons, %JoystickNumber%JoyButtons
GetKeyState, joy_name, %JoystickNumber%JoyName
GetKeyState, joy_info, %JoystickNumber%JoyInfo
Return
}

Also, in the script below i'll show you what to change to make the VAICOM AHK script work

1Joy3::
Send {Numpad0 down}
KeyWait 1Joy3  
Send {Numpad0 up}  
return

Where it says 1joy3

simply change it to what ever your stick registers as for an input in the first script i posted.

so if in the first script it said

Microsoft PC-Joystick driver (#2)

(in the pic below mine says one because i already know the order my driver loaded in, but your results may vary)

Also, to make sure you have the throttle just press buttons on it till the tooltip line that says 'buttons down' starts changing.

46dc4021942aa67621abe0bb048464e1.png

you change it to

[color="red"]2Joy3[/color]::
Send {Numpad0 down}
KeyWait [color="Red"]2Joy3 [/color] 
Send {Numpad0 up}  
return

Do the same for each line in the script (Joy3,4,5,6)

Also, you still need both your Mic Switch on your HOTAS and the num0-num3 keys not bound to anything

Hope that kinda explained it?

If you need more help, feel free to message me.

Edited by Davison
Updated Joystick Test Script
  • Like 2

I've been trying out VAICOM for F15C. When I say "ATC Options" the list of options is displayed while I keep the PTT pressed I then say "Select One" but the option is not selected. As soon as I release the PTT after requsting "ATC Options" the list is cleared from the screen. I'm wondering if there is a bug? I would have thought that after requesting the ATC options I would release the PTT and then press PTT again to select from the list while it was displayed?

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

The list will not stay on the screen, but once you say "ATC List", the list should pop up and stay up until you press the button again, and you should be able to figure out which tower you want, then say "ATC Select One" and it should select the first one on the list. Granted, I dont usually use vaicom with the F-15C because i rarely fly it.

Hey Jack

Thanks for your comments!

Make sure not to confuse the LIST and OPTIONS commands, these have different functions.

See if this works:

1) Press and hold PTT and call 'ATC LIST'. You should see the ATC table as long as you keep PTT held down. Look at the list and decide which one you want (let's say its number 2).

2) Then say 'ATC SELECT TWO', still holding PTT. You'll hear a single beep to confirm ATC 2 is now selected. Release PTT.

3) Now Press and hold PTT and call 'ATC OPTIONS'. You should see a list of currently available ATC commands, the menu header showing the airfield name of the one you just selected. Look at the commands at your disposal, release PTT.

4) Then press and hold PTT and call 'ATC Inbound' or whatever command you decided you wanted to use. Double beep, your command is sent. Release PTT.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks Hollywood that got me going.

I've been I've been flying the F15C campaign Bear Trap in 1.5. I couldn't get 'Request Startup' to work and then I saw earlier in this thread that its a known issue so I added it in. But even after adding it in the command does not execute. I changed F1 to F3 and VoiceAttack recognizes it as a derived command but its not executed by DCS.

When I call 'Request Takeoff' the voice command is recognized but it executes 'Abort Takeoff'??

Are there any comm changes in 1,5 that would cause this?? Anyone else have issues with 1.5 and FC3?

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hey Jack. It seems there are little if any changes in comms menus from DCS 1.2 to 1.5.

For startup try to stick to this flow: 1) Request startup (at the ramp), 2) Request taxi (when ready), 3) Request take-off (when holding short at the runway). Should give better results.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

• 2 weeks later...

------- RELEASED: VAICOM 2.0 -------

VAICOM version 2.0 has been released!

Many thanks to testers Davison, nescafe37, Gary, f4l0, and Knutgrymn.

For download and further info go to this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151296

Best,

Hollywood

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I've spent the evening reading the manual....If this works anywhere near half as well as the manual suggests its going to be a real game changer for those who don't already voice recognition of some sort or another!!

For those that do - Id urge you to just have a look at the manual and range of options available...you never know....might suprise you!!

Holywood...what can I say...looks amazing!!

I really need to get this up and running.

My congratulations to you....

Kind Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1