Repairing taildragger planes on Carriers puts tails outside deck

-0303-

Simplest put the algorithm treats every plane as a nose wheeled tricycle planes. Result being that the tail draggers are placed with tails outside deck or (amusingly) the tail wheel is placed in catapult hookup. See images (outside deck, tail wheel catapult hookup).

End Info. Start arguing:

Why should this "stunt" be indulged?

- It's fun and reasonable to be able to repair at any airfield including CV. To note, the no shooting Aerobatics Server is consistently at or near the top of populated MP servers.

- Historically, in improvised operations, hookless Warbirds did land on much smaller WW2 CV's.

- Before 2.5.6 you could repair on CV

- It's seemingly a "trivial" fix. Repair works, only problem is plane positioning. As noted, tail wheels are already tracked and treated as if they were nose wheels. I'm sure main wheels are tracked. If TailDragger THEN position = tail wheel + X meter from deck edge or sumthin'. Or if using main wheel reference then: If TailDragger THEN add tail - main wheel distance in nose-ward direction from deck edge. If I were an ED programmer it would "irk" me, it being this close --><-- to working.

Trivia: Spitfire can nearly always pull itself up with minute damage, P-51D often fall off the side, I-16 gets no damage (sometimes) & Bf 109 gets severe damage. From Catapult position takeoffs are easy.

HUAj7Ve.png

Xb5ko2S.png

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Got (coincidentally) three catapult placements in a row. Quick and only slightly dirty fix suggests itself:

If TailDragger THEN only position repairs on Catapult.

PcBjUOJ.png

LEET8Fn.png

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

The logic of repairs is probably scripted (lua files?) and hence "easy" to change. There's no need to optimize graphic performance of changing spawn point.

The logic of repairs is probably scripted (lua files?) and hence "easy" to change. There's no need to optimize graphic performance of changing spawn point.

There is no need for this thread...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 3 months later...

Hate to break it to you but you are not the arbiter of which threads are needed or not. I'm asking for basic sanity in the universe (regarding repair handling).

HUAj7Ve.thumb.png.5a39d6553e0f40b6ca11baf66a21bda0.png

I'm asking for a very minute fix. Make the CV carrier repair script understand the positioning difference between tricycle and tail draggers. Eventually they will have too anyway when we get the Corsair and WW2 CV's.

Or simpler still. Restrict every non-carrier (hookless) plane to only place repairs onto catapults in the repair script.

Third (even simpler?) idea. Disable the positioning system introduced with 2.5.6 for all non carrier planes. Just let repair on the spot like it worked in 2.5.5.

Xb5ko2S.thumb.png.645cc888a5c892f0de30a314e175b2c9.png

Not that it matters but in a nice symmetry every (unloaded) taildragger can even take off from this position. Funny how it centers on the tail wheel as if it was a nose wheel. It doesn't and can't hook up of course.