using NS 430 for bullseye information possible?

ViFF

Is it possible to create a waypoint on the location of the bullseye and see on screen the current bullseye position?

It would need to be the radial FROM the created waypoint and obviously the range in NM.

Is this possible in the NS 430?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Hi ViFF, Fer and I were just discussing this a couple weeks ago here. As it stands, to my knowledge there is no way to display bearing FROM with the current DCS implementation.

The problem with adding such a feature is that the actual Garmin 430 has no data field to show the radial you are on, only bearings to a fix (chapter 3 page 3 of the Garmin Pilot's Guide). So I guess the issue then becomes, "will ED implement a feature that doesn't exist in RL." Even though it would be a simple feature (or as simple as such things can be) I can't see ED adding things that aren't there in real life.

In the mean time, you could always create a user waypoint at the bulls location, command direct to, and then use the bearing/range provided. Of course you just have to find the reciprocal of the bearing shown (+2/-2 method , +/- 180 method , whichever you use) to get the radial.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”