MGRS support

Razor18

I highly doubt you'd ever be able to get MGRS on a Garmin 430 as it's a civilian market product.

Military aircraft do use Garmins.

MGRS is available on the NS430 modeled, the OP is asking for a secondary method of activating it.

@Razer18

I tooled around and couldn't find a secondary method. I might dig around some more and viddy the manuals a little more though, that's the only way I've changed Units and what-not.

And, before anybody says anything, I know I know, it's reported. If you didn't notice it, then carry on :)

Edited by ody81

Yeah, the MGRS feature is definitely in the original Garmin manual too. Thank you for your efforts in advance.

Your welcome, I've reported some MGRS related issues and I'll keep your question in mind and reply back here if I find a secondary activation method. :pilotfly:

Don't want to hijack your support, just wondering if there would be a solution also to enable the knob turning to be mapped to a key or button without turning them one end to another end by a single keypress because you can't be fast enough to release the key quick enogh to have one click of turn only?...

Also, is there any way to save the pages' set up to have it the same way next time I fire up the 430? Field content settings on Default nav page, Flight data fields on Map page ON and same content as last time etc...

Also, is there any way to save the pages' set up to have it the same way next time I fire up the 430? Field content settings on Default nav page, Flight data fields on Map page ON and same content as last time etc...

I don't believe there is. I'll check it out but I don't think so, it seems to fit other systems of this nature in DCS like the A-10C's DTC, you get a fresh setup everytime you load in.

Having said that though, I can always make a request/wish and see what happens. Absolutely zero promises there though, I'm not the poor guy programming this and have no idea what's possible.

Edited by ody81

There is a "Save/Load settings?" option on the GNS430 Aux page in DCS, wondering what that is suppose to do?

On the other hand with the new 2.5.1 update the large and small knob functionality seems to be totally disrupted, no options windows pop up if changing Units, you can only change anything with the small (and large?) knob turning it clockwise, but not anticlockwise. But it might be only me...

There is a "Save/Load settings?" option on the GNS430 Aux page in DCS, wondering what that is suppose to do?

On the other hand with the new 2.5.1 update the large and small knob functionality seems to be totally disrupted, no options windows pop up if changing Units, you can only change anything with the small (and large?) knob turning it clockwise, but not anticlockwise. But it might be only me...

Will check that, I may have missed.

Good looking out and thanks for the report :thumbup:

I'm back! :pilotfly:

Well, Save/Load are there, but possibly for completion-ism, similar to switches being present but non-functional in other moduldes. We shall see, Saving and loading could cause issues or end up a pain for users should the NS430 become available for other aircraft.

I could not personally answer this question, I'm not that guy, I'm a bug reportin' guy :)

I'll maybe make it a suggestion or something if I can, could be handy, not something for me personally but I can see why you'd want it as an option.

As for your knob scroll problem, I cannot trigger this problem in any build I have sorry.

Are you using the latest openbeta?

And, if so, maybe try running a repair.:joystick:

I'm not seeing that functionality issue with the knobs.

I WAS having an issue with DCS saving my encoder bindings to the knobs but that seems to be ok now. Not sure how I fixed it though.

EDIT: Consider Deleting (Renaming) the NS430 folder in saved games then clean Reinstall the NS430 module.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

OK, not totally disrupted alright, but just try to

go Aux Page 3 ("Setup 1")

press Right Small knob then select Unit, press ENT

Now you can turn the RS knob to the right to change the value, but nothing happens if you turn it left. And you confirm selection with ENT. Before this, turning the RS knob had brought up a blue scroll menu where you could scroll up and down with RS. Again, not a showstopper, just a sign of function loss a bit. Unless it's just me...

Now you can turn the RS knob to the right to change the value, but nothing happens if you turn it left. And you confirm selection with ENT. Before this, turning the RS knob had brought up a blue scroll menu where you could scroll up and down with RS. Again, not a showstopper, just a sign of function loss a bit. Unless it's just me...

I'll check again but for now, on three different load ins on two different builds the RS Knob is scrolling through the POS format list both CW and CCW. For me that is...

However, I'll run this one by my testing buddy and see how he goes, if it doesn't work for him, <that> is something we can reproduce and use. He's away for work at the moment but I'll poke him about this when he's back in X days.

Definitely try a repair when you can in the meantime though. Also, I'll need to know what version you're running, release or openbeta and on the DCS main menu, in the bottom right there should be a version, throw that number my way as well.

I confirmed it is functioning as you described, but it seems to me that it is that way by design. No loss of functionality that I can see. But I'm sure I'm not sure.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I confirmed it is functioning as you described, but it seems to me that it is that way by design. No loss of functionality that I can see. But I'm sure I'm not sure.

I thought he was referring to the actual list of formats, I'll re-check and pay attention. Apologies.

Reported!

Cheers guys :thumbup:

• 6 months later...
Your welcome, I've reported some MGRS related issues and I'll keep your question in mind and reply back here if I find a secondary activation method. :pilotfly:

Hi ody, it has been a while since your reply above and I can't find any other threads on the MGRS issue. Do you have any idea if MGRS will become usable on the 430? I keep my F10 map in MGRS for my other modules, it would sure be nice to be able to read a grid off the F10 and punch it right into the 430. Thanks.

Edited by tom_19d
Quote was broken

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...