Keys react too fast

davidp57

Hi there,

Am I the only one in this situation ?

I tried mapping keys to control the rotary encoders of the NS430 and thy react way too fast : it's next to impossible to be precise...

Anyone else ?

An idea ?

A solution ?

Cheers,

Zip.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Aren't your encoders set to too many pulses sent per 'click'?

I am telling you that because in my interface for the NS 430, my encoders require 2 'clicks' before I got one move from the NS 430 in game. So that's a bit annoying too, although more manageable.

Edited by BaD CrC

Here ya go;

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193143&page=2

Post # 13.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

@BadCRC : Thanksm but as I said, I'm using keys to send commands to the simulated encoders of the NS430... I haven't yet found a cheap enough buttons board with built-in encoders - and yes I saw your post about this, it's awesome and it's awefully expensive ;)

@Chic : I'll try this although I seem to remember having already tried. Nevermind, I'll try again. Thanks !

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Hi there,

Am I the only one in this situation ?

I tried mapping keys to control the rotary encoders of the NS430 and thy react way too fast : it's next to impossible to be precise...

Anyone else ?

An idea ?

A solution ?

Cheers,

Zip.

If you use VoiceAttack, you can reduce the duration of the key press.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Eureka !

@Chic : I had already tried this modification, as I thought I remembered.

But now I've been a bit more thorough and I noticed that it only changed the joystick.lua file, whereas I had problems with keys.

I therefore decided to modify the keyboard.lua in the same way and voilà : it works perfectly, the keys stopped repeating and are now perfectly usable to map.

Attached : my modified modification ;)

Config - Keys - NS430.zip

Nice!

Edited by Chic

JUST CHOPPERS