Huey Autopilot issues

dpj463

I am new to helicopters and need some help in how to properly use this feature.

I have mapped the following controls to my hotas (t16000m)

1. Autopilot on/off

2. Autopilot level flight

3. Autopilot attitude

4. Autopilot Orbit

When in the pilot seat or in the copilot seat, i can turn autopilot on and off. It appears when I turn it on that it is set to level flight.

If after turning it on and I select any of options 2 thru 4, it kicks the helicopter out of autopilot entirely.

If I directly choose option 2 thru 4 , nothing happens.

My goal is to be able to set the autopilot to ORBIT then jump into any other seat and fire the guns. I just can't seem to figure this out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

The huey in rl has no autopilot and the pseudo auto pilot is designed to simulate a copilot taking the controls while you manage anonter system like comm or weapons. I’m not sure what is happening my I Presision was you activate autopilot then select the mode much like a commercial jet where you activate the autopilot then select the alt hold, cars or other mode

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

IIRC and I haven't tried this recently but when your in the left seat set the aircraft flight and attitude up and the "auto pilot" engages when you lower the sight and disengages when you raise it. The mode you select is the mode it engages.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

dpj463;

level flight mode is on by default.

You need to select the mode (give command to copilot ...orbit, etc) before giving control over to copilot(turning on autopilot). Once you change the mode it will remain on that one for the duration of the mission unless you change it.

Note: place the helicopter into the orbit you would like before giving control to the copilot.

Edited by DeJohn

Also, if you want to change modes, you must disengage the autopilot, change modes, then re-engage it. If you try with the autopilot engaged, it will disengage and will not change modes till you change it again, then re-engage.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Also, if you want to change modes, you must disengage the autopilot, change modes, then re-engage it. If you try with the autopilot engaged, it will disengage and will not change modes till you change it again, then re-engage.

HI all, thanks for your help and guidance. Finally got it all figured out and it is working fine.....

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier