Target Auto Tracking is limited to 3 km?

solus

I've noticed that auto tracking function works only at the distance of app. 3 km. when engaging moving targets.

Played this game several years ago, then it could be activated at 5-7 km without any problems.

Now it requires to track the target at the longer distances MANUALLY to hit it. If I want to track it in auto mode I need to come at the distance when machine-gun snipers can turn my helicopter into salad.

Whats wrong? Is it a new "feature" or a bug? Or there is a magical button that I miss?

P.S. Yes, I activate "N" button to track the moving target (but it doesn't do much good either).

Извините за внимание

Nowadays, is the visibility quality between 3km. distance and 7km. distance the same?

I mean, Shkval may not see adequate contrast in 7 km. distance to able to keep target, depends on weather condition?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Nowadays, is the visibility quality between 3km. distance and 7km. distance the same?

I mean, Shkval may not see adequate contrast in 7 km. distance to able to keep target, depends on weather condition?

I've been experimenting with the mission editor.

Found out that Ka-50 auto tracking ability depends on... time. E.g. in the early morning or late evening it's app. 3 km.

During the midday is 8 km.

It seems that sun or light doesn't really affect it. I approached the target from the sun side and the opposite, but it still remained 3 km during the morning time. Very primitive mechanics for the DCS, that claims to be super sophisticated and realistic.

Извините за внимание

• 2 weeks later...

The shkval has just become absolutely horrible. I was playing this game years before too, and it was better ( though even then I thought it was pretty bad).

I can't even lock up helicopter 1-2nm away. Nice black spot against the blue sky, and the STUPID computer just can't see it. I think we need to get the Ka-50 some dark glasses and a cane, because it has gone blind.