Is there any way to externally redraw Radar or RWR through lua export data?

Rachmaninoff

Hello everyone,

I'm building a F-5E home cockpit using my own software. So far, I've developed all gauges and indicators I need (HSI, Altimeter, Airspeed Indicator...) and all of them are connected to export.lua data and working fine.

Now I am blocked with the Radar and RWR. Since I've always had problems with stuttering/SLI/G-SYNC/Performance when running the game in Borderless Window and I'm forced to switch to Fullscreen mode, I can't use regular viewports amd mfd export way.

Is there any way to get enough information (positions, textures, ...) from some lua object/s or function (same way I get needles and gauges data in order to draw my own altimeter, for example) to be able to draw al the "green lines, dots or icons" that the F-5E Radar and RWR displays on cockpit?

Do you know, at least, if there is any program that achieve something similar? Just to know if is something possible or just a chimera.

Thank you very much in advance.

Rach

(I'm not native English speaker, so if you don't understand some point please let me know)

Edited by Rachmaninoff

You can get the data from sensors, but in almost all the server those are forbiden functions, so you can´t flight online on those servers.

Once you got all the sensors data, you can create a tool that mimic the beheviour of the rwr, but the tool can be very complex to create.

There is an old tool that make that for the F15, (Leavu) but only work on the F15.

Saludos !

Hi,

thank you for your answer and sorry for the delay on feedback ( btw: I didn't know that well-known capt Zeen was from Mallorca :smilewink: )

The main problem is that, as far as I know, there's no way to export MFD or any other viewport to a second screen if you're not running DCS on windowed mode. Am I wrong?

Do you know if there's any way, at least, to export a viewport to the current screen (in fullscreen mode) and force viewport background color to black? If this is possible, I would cut this area and send to a second monitor using a C# process.

Once again, thx you very much in advance.

Regards.

EDIT: I know how to export RWR, for example, to same current fullscreen window, but the viewport background seems to be transparent, I would like to make it black.