WW II ADC - WW II ai Bombers Part 1 - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-08-2018, 01:09 AM   #41
Ercoupe

Okay, not working for me. No way for me to open the file. Looks like nice work, though. I especially like that B-26
Ercoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:25 AM   #42
rogonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ercoupe View Post
Okay, not working for me. No way for me to open the file. Looks like nice work, though. I especially like that B-26

works just fine if u click direct download, mines german but its on the top right.
do u have 7zip or something cause u have to unpack.

@Hawkeye, i used them before so i dont think its on my end. Will try again but thx anyway and i hope the pc comes back soon in good shape and spirit

Last edited by rogonaut; 10-08-2018 at 08:27 AM.
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #43
Stonehouse

I had a quick look at the He111. Making my suggested change seemed to work as far as giving you 4 aircraft in a flight and being able to use the WW2 big formation task, WW2 bomber element formation and carpet bombing so a partial improvement....but something seems to have changed and the AI behaviour is now no longer as per WW2 expectations and the HE111 aircraft will break formation like a modern aircraft where previously they didn't do so. So back to the drawing board it seems. Probably WW2 bombers are now a particular class and attribute and therefore governed by special WW2 bomber AI logic and unfortunately for now at least I think these mods are a bit broken. Maybe Patrick and the others have more insight into these things than me and can offer suggestions.

<edit> Meant to point out that B17s do not break formation - obviously implying that something defines a B17 as a special case and these mods do not have whatever it is.

<edit2> did some more mucking around. I had previously believed the WW2 bomber behaviour under fire was linked to the WW2 Bomber element formation but testing with simple missions it appears that this is not perhaps the case as even in a std close group echelon formation the B17s appear to try to stick together and fly level using their guns to defend themselves. It's not until that there is only one left that it seems to start manoeuvring. If correct it implies even more so that there are special routines being used that are linked to the fact that a B17 is a WW2 bomber or even possibly at this point that it is a B17 - ie a direct link to the aircraft. But it makes more sense for it to be linked to a type of WW2 bomber so that future ED AI WW2 bombers are more easily integrated into the game.

Last edited by Stonehouse; 10-09-2018 at 03:38 AM.
Stonehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:09 AM   #44
Ercoupe

"works just fine if u click direct download,"

"...click direct download"...that was it! Thanks a lot.
Ercoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #45
rogonaut

downloaded, unziped main and then all the other birds individually put into ovgme nothing nada doesnt show up in ME? i checked the dcs mods/aircraft and they are there. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	195861  
Old 10-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #46
razo+r
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogonaut View Post
downloaded, unziped main and then all the other birds individually put into ovgme nothing nada doesnt show up in ME? i checked the dcs mods/aircraft and they are there. Any ideas?
they are in the wrong directory.

Rig: Maximus VII Ranger, 4790K @ 4.00 Ghz, MSI GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB non-oc RAM, 250 GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 10 64-bit
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #47
rogonaut

Ok thx, where should they be? The path structure is provided with the mod.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:41 PM   #48
Hawkeye60

Quote:
Ok thx, where should they be? The path structure is provided with the mod

c:\User\your-name\saved games\dcs version\mods\aircraft
"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."
Hawkeye60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:17 PM   #49
rogonaut

Ah ok my bad, thx!
Old 10-15-2018, 04:43 PM   #50
rogonaut

works like a charm now only bird not showing up in the editor ist the JU-88