Looking for some assistance with this F-16 Cockpit

uscstaylor

Hey Gents

I was hoping if someone has the fix for this or maybe willing to help me out a bit. I am currently using this mod for the F-16 and I'm having a lot of fun. I was able to give it the correct weapons load out and I added the F-15 hud. My problem is this. I need to move the pilots head up and forward to make the hud screen fit within the hud frame. For some reason though the keystrokes don't work in game to move the pilots head around. I was hoping that some of the gurus could take a look at this to see if you can fix it or let me know what I need to do in order to fix this. Please take a look at the picture below....I would appreciate any suggestions you guys can make..I just hope that we can get a bunch of guru's together it get this working. It would be awesome.

Screen_170607_221007.jpg

Edited by uscstaylor

please make sure the source of the model/art is authorized to be used within DCS by the Author.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

see if there is a views.lua in your mods folder. open it with notepad++ and find this line like

CockpitLocalPoint = {x, y, z},

make the y a lillte smaller.

or make your f-16 cockpit in 3dmax and make it a little bit lowwer.

OK Calvin so what I did was exactly as you said I found that line in both view lau's, that's right it has 2 of them. I slowly started to minus the numbers and it did help I think by moving it up slightly....Ill let you be the judge the before and after pic.

Before:

Screen_170607_221007.jpg

After:

Screen_170610_221020.jpg

Here's the link to the F-16 mod. There's also one available for the 2.0 version as well. Im just hoping that someone could look at the laus and fix the head movements or at least the hud to be centered. Thanks so much for any efforts that are made...

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1893367/

OK, Great I'll give this a try when I get home. I'm just using this views lua and deleting the other 2 views files that are in the main folder correct. I'll report back to ya. I appreciate any help I can get from you gurus out there.

Edited by uscstaylor

Well I tried it and the head movements work the only problem is the cockpit sit high and to the rear of the plane. If you are on the ground youll see what I mean if you open the cockpit. If there's a way to move the cockpit more in a better position it might help with the hud....I found the problem Ill post a pic of it...

OK here's the pic: Read below picture please

Screen_170611_224224.png

OK So a HUGH thanks to Happy Calvin. I am now able to get head movement but here's the issue. There's a transparent oval shaped line that is to low. The line is indicated at the top of the the green hud lines in purple. If you guys have the mod loaded try to move the head up and you'll slowly start to see the hud disappear. Please if you can move that transparent line up that will fix the hud

Edited by uscstaylor

I'm following this thread with great interest!!

One question, using MiG29S cockpit will give us A-A and A-G habilities? together with radar display? I ask about 29S cockpit cause AFAIK the EAGLE is not A-G capable...

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I'm following this thread with great interest!!

One question, using MiG29S cockpit will give us A-A and A-G habilities? together with radar display? I ask about 29S cockpit cause AFAIK the EAGLE is not A-G capable...

No it won't. You need to use the MiGs avionics to do so but you are still able to have the F-16 pit.

In addition, our eagle has A-G capabilities as does the real one have too. The only restricting thing is, that our A-G are coded but not... let's say, not active

No it won't. You need to use the MiGs avionics to do so but you are still able to have the F-16 pit.

In addition, our eagle has A-G capabilities as does the real one have too. The only restricting thing is, that our A-G are coded but not... let's say, not active

I see, such cockpit will be amazing, Eagle avionics with A-G on that Viper cockpt!!!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Happy Calvin,

I can't thank you enough for your assistance. I am really enjoying this mod. If we can just get the MFD's working then we'll have a really nice mod of the F-16. Also the flares are a bit hi coming out of the plane any chance to move those down.

Here's a screen of my latest skin for my 70 skin pack for this mod. I will release it this Friday night along with this updated F-16 mod. Again thanks so much for your help Calvin. If I can ever return the favor please don't hesitate.

Screen_170612_210818.jpg

Screen_170612_211237.jpg

If he did, I'm really curious how? F-16 model doesn't have argument #114 which is responsible for cockpit visibility from outside. Without this argument, 2 cockpits are visible and 1st is on top of 2nd.

P.S. Maybe not on top but literally inside.

Edited by =OPS=Slider1709