Red Flag - Aggressor PvP January

104th_Maverick

Delayed take off for strikers has been put in place before for events to stop the rush the ground unit exploit in what are supposed to be team effort achievments to open up windows of opportunity or daring raids, rather being a race to point. No disrespect intended for your hard work in planning but i'm glad it failed because that sort of planning could have the potential to dilute the event experience for everyone else before it hardly begins.

In the end it was a fantastic event and deservedly won by the challengers.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@microvax

No I didn't mean you when I mentioned "Kamikaze" earlier. What I meant was that in future Red Flags, that no Mirage pilot decides to go for the first Mirage air-to-air kill by charging off on their own to recklessly to get a kill. We see enough of that on public servers with people flying into SAMS chasing down an extending bandit.

I thought your plan was bold and obviously paid a lot of attention to the details.

S!

I'm definitely not an air to air aficionado, but I appreciate events like this bringing the community together. Thanks for putting it on! :)

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

Delayed take off for strikers has been put in place before for events to stop the rush the ground unit exploit in what are supposed to be team effort achievments to open up windows of opportunity or daring raids, rather being a race to point. No disrespect intended for your hard work in planning but i'm glad it failed because that sort of planning could have the potential to dilute the event experience for everyone else before it hardly begins.

In the end it was a fantastic event and deservedly won by the challengers.

Yee, Mav told me the same already. :D

Tbh I am kinda glad myself that it didnt work out as intended, in the end, since it was not aligned with the intentions of the event.

While I get that its obvious for people like you guys, playing DCS like since forevar, that such a rule is likely in place, for me it simply wasnt, due to me not having the experience in theese events simply. :D

I am playing DCS since late feburary 2016 and first touched Multiplayer in Blueflag R6 in May 2016. GM3 was pretty much the only event I did observe from start to finish, missing the beginning of GM2.

I guess I got heavily influenced by striking before hostile CAP even is a thing or even can react in the target area in Blueflag and the early strike on GM3.

So yeah greenhorn lack of experience and no brief about it => AIM120s in cockpit. :D

@turborush: Ah yee. Get what you mean. :)

Happy to improve on that though, now that I halfway know what to expect ! :)

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

And as for BVR sorting with TWS...There are, in fact, ways around TWS sorts. ;)

Well the obvious things are:

- cranking

- flying close together so F-15C's radar may only lock one of the jets in flight group

- of course attacking from different angles and heights

What else do you do? Whats your strategy?

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

@KEULE, I hope you fly in the next Red Flag. We need to get a Mirage group together and practice Mirage tactics. The fun thing about what I hope is going to be a monthly Red Flag series is that we can develop new tactics and strategies each round based on lessons learned. Anyways, I have a strategy for a future Red Flag :weight_lift:

Yes we really should. What about some practicing together at the weekend?

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

Well the obvious things are:

- cranking

- flying close together so F-15C's radar may only lock one of the jets in flight group

- of course attacking from different angles and heights

What else do you do? Whats your strategy?

Well...Think PRF. If he's in high PRF over 25nmi and I notch or turn out - What's gonna happen? :smilewink:

Combine that with stacking, maneuvering (cranking, etc.), you have a pretty hard picture to sort out in the Eagle.

Also, you have A/A TACAN in the Mirage and the Eagles don't. Helps with spacing...

Lord of Salt

• 4 weeks later...