Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

New issue: I never had this before. When using live-view, I can only see the AI planes flying around. When a client connects to the server their aircraft does not show up in Tacview. No changes to the server settings (export is allowed, etc.). What happened and how do I fix it? The only difference is that it worked during the free trial period, then I let it expire, and now I have purchased an Advanced license and entered it in.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

If you are getting an error message like "Authorization failed: The following DLC's are not authorized and will be disabled: Tacview", this error message would be generated if Tacview files had been manually installed into the DCS World folder. All non-official modules of DCS should be installed into Saved Games folder only. Could this be the case for you?

The Tacview installer should install all files in Saved Games, alternatively you can copy the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\DCS\ in your %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\ folder.

Im not a power user when it comes to Tacview; I just click install and go from there. Tacview gets installed in its default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

What is the difference in settings between Telemetry password and client password when configuring a server?

We have gotten rid of Client Password because it was too confusing. Now there is only Telemetry Password. If the host enters a Telemetry Password then the client will need the password in order to use real-time telemetry while flying online.

Is there a way to request that TACview updater have a silent (unattend, no user interaction) installer for people running dedicated servers?

Tacview doesn't push updates (unless you are using it through Steam) but you can run the installer silently in the background using the command line option /Quiet if that helps at all.

Im not a power user when it comes to Tacview; I just click install and go from there. Tacview gets installed in its default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview.

Can you try repairing DCS World (run Repair DCS World)? This should get rid of any Tacview files which do not belong in the DCS World folder. Indicate that YES you wish to clean up extra files in game install directory after repair and indicate that you wish to DELETE any extra files found.

I'm having a problem with Tacview and can't find anyone else reporting it in this thread or elsewhere. I've somehow managed to hide/minimise/undock my Playback Control panel and can't get it back whatever I try.

It's ticked as active in the options and there's no tab for it visible bottom/left/right. Have looked everywhere and it doesn't seem to be open and undocked either. Have even tried uninstalling, deleting all the config files I could find and then reinstalling Tacview, and the problem persists.

Any advice?

I'm having a problem with Tacview and can't find anyone else reporting it in this thread or elsewhere. I've somehow managed to hide/minimise/undock my Playback Control panel and can't get it back whatever I try.

It's ticked as active in the options and there's no tab for it visible bottom/left/right. Have looked everywhere and it doesn't seem to be open and undocked either. Have even tried uninstalling, deleting all the config files I could find and then reinstalling Tacview, and the problem persists.

Any advice?

If Analysis -> Playback Control Bar is selected and you can't find the playback control bar anywhere, try deleting the windows settings in the Registry Editor here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Raia Software Inc.\Tacview (beta)\Local\Windows

Having problems getting my custom .obj to appear. I've followed the instructions on the website, placing it in the correct folder, and also creating the .xml in the proper folder. I have renamed "F-5" from the example to my custom name. All else remains the same. I have exported telemetry from my custom app and I can see the plane flying around, but it displays as the default "paper airplane looking thing". I can't get my .obj to display. It is 35MB, could that be why? Are the instructions on the website up-to-date? Thanks!

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Having problems getting my custom .obj to appear. I've followed the instructions on the website, placing it in the correct folder, and also creating the .xml in the proper folder. I have renamed "F-5" from the example to my custom name. All else remains the same. I have exported telemetry from my custom app and I can see the plane flying around, but it displays as the default "paper airplane looking thing". I can't get my .obj to display. It is 35MB, could that be why? Are the instructions on the website up-to-date? Thanks!

35MB is too big unfortunately - a custom .obj should ideally be about 10,000 faces, or just a few hundred KB max. You can try using Blender or a similar software to reduce the size.

(...)

I can map a button to LAlt-B which brings up the mission briefing, but for some reason, mapping it to RAlt-B doesn't invoke the Tacview bookmark. It is just ignored.

(...)

Issue: Not working Bookmark RAlt+B

Keyboard layout for non US keyboards see RALT as RALT + LCTRL.

Not a bug, it's Windows feature :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key

Way around:

You have to switch to ENG US keyboard layout, before start using RALT shortcuts (even those mapped to your controller via TARGET script).

Way around:

You have to switch to ENG US keyboard layout, before start using RALT shortcuts (even those mapped to your controller via TARGET script).

Almost!

RAlt = LCtrl + LAlt

At least on Norwegian keyboard.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Way around:

Thanks for this info - we're going to fix this is a coming update.

If you are getting an error message like "Authorization failed: The following DLC's are not authorized and will be disabled: Tacview", this error message would be generated if Tacview files had been manually installed into the DCS World folder. All non-official modules of DCS should be installed into Saved Games folder only. Could this be the case for you?

The Tacview installer should install all files in Saved Games, alternatively you can copy the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\DCS\ in your %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\ folder.

Any other idea on this one? Having this issue after a fresh DCS install.

Receive the message that Tacview is unauthorized, and no entry in Special tab under options.

Tried uninstall/reinstall of Tacview, release and latest beta both. Also manually installing the files.

Running latest vanilla public DCS Beta build on fresh install, tried repair of DCS also.

Below are the DCS log entries for Tacview:

2020-08-09 03:00:04.491 WARNING DCS: Not Authorized, no registry path: ./Mods/tech/Tacview 

2020-08-09 03:00:04.491 INFO    Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'Tacview by Raia Software': not authorized 

2020-08-09 03:00:18.151 INFO    TACVIEW.GUI.LUA: Loading C++ flight data recorder from [C:\Users\redact\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Tacview\bin\] 

2020-08-09 03:00:18.153 INFO    TACVIEW.GUI.LUA: Tacview 1.8.4.108 C++ flight data recorder successfully loaded  

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

If you install other apps like a SRS for example, it can overwrite Tacview code in Export.lua. The best way is to make Export.lua manualy by putting there all code lines you need. I doing this by preparing a pack for OvGME and injecting Tacview in to DCS from OvGME after every DCS update. Same with other apps like SRS and all mods.

After you install Tackview in your system, you need to have those folders in Saved Games folder:

[Mods]

| [tech]

| | [Tacview] - here is the Tacview for DCS

[scripts] - Export.lua

| [Hooks]

My Export.lua for Tacview and SRS looks like this:

-- DCS-SRS

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Tech\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

-- TacView

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

Any other idea on this one? Having this issue after a fresh DCS install.

Receive the message that Tacview is unauthorized, and no entry in Special tab under options.

Tried uninstall/reinstall of Tacview, release and latest beta both. Also manually installing the files.

Running latest vanilla public DCS Beta build on fresh install, tried repair of DCS also.

Below are the DCS log entries for Tacview:

Repairing DCS should have removed the misplaced files which are causing that error message. Can you please share with me your full log? You can send it to support@tacview.net if you prefer.

Repairing DCS should have removed the misplaced files which are causing that error message. Can you please share with me your full log? You can send it to support@tacview.net if you prefer.

Thanks BuzyBee, think you were right on the extra files.

Started from scratch with a repair and reinstalled again and it seems to be working now without any errors.

Thanks again!!

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Is it possible to have DCS mark flags and mark tires visible as objects in Tacview?

Mark Flag Red

Mark Flag White

Mark Tyre Black

Mark Tyre White

Mark Tyre with Red Flag

Mark Tyre with White Flag

These objects are not currently appearing in .acmi files at all so they are probably not being exported by DCS World. But we will double check the exporter to see if Tacview is filtering them out inappropriately.

Can you please tell me if my export.lua contents are correct - I just pasted this into it:

-- TacView

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

I haven't tried it yet, but before I did so, there was no mention of tacview in my export.lua. And my replays were only 1KB in size, and wouldn't playback. Anyways, here's what my export.lau looks like now (note that I also use DCS UFC, SRS and SimShaker for aviators). I really, really wish app devs who's software alters the export.lua file would co-ordinate your efforts so users didn't have to manually edit our files...

local lfs=require('lfs');

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua]])

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

-- TacView

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Can you please tell me if my export.lua contents are correct - I just pasted this into it:

-- TacView

I haven't tried it yet, but before I did so, there was no mention of tacview in my export.lua. And my replays were only 1KB in size, and wouldn't playback. Anyways, here's what my export.lau looks like now (note that I also use DCS UFC, SRS and SimShaker for aviators). I really, really wish app devs who's software alters the export.lua file would co-ordinate your efforts so users didn't have to manually edit our files...

local lfs=require('lfs');

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua]])

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

-- TacView

This is the correct line to add to the Export.lua

The Tacview installer adds this line to the end of the existing Export.lua file if the existing Export.lua file is readable.

If it's still not working can you please share your dcs.log ?

Hello there!

I have updated Tacview from 1.8.0 to last version (I downloaded the new installer and ran it, I guess it overwrote the files already installed), and after flying a mission in DCS, there was no track recorded. The option to record is thicked in the Special submenu of the Option Menu in DCS. Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

Thank you!

EDIT: Sorry to have bothered you guys, I understood what happened: reinstalling the program simply reset the folder where I save tracks to the default one, I just have to change it again! Duh!

Edited by Gianky