Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

It is currently possible to add yourself the missing runways. The procedure is documented here: http://www.tacview.net/documentation/staticobjects/

This is a lengthy process to manually add all DCS World objects, this is why I did not have the time yet to do so for the new Nevada runways.

In the coming releases of Tacview, I will rewrite the way static objects are handled, and you will be able to use an integrated object editor to easily and quickly add the objects of your choice in Tacview’s world.

Awesome sound great thanks :-D

After the last 2 updates to Tacview I no longer have the option

of "Record DCS World Flights". he drop down menu is not there.

I have deleted the export.lua and reinstall Tacview, Selected the correct

ACMI folder but no recordings.

pic-tacviewrecordingfolder.png

tacv.thumb.jpg.d9b73a5ce3f5097b741b3d731c35b142.jpg

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Replaced Export.lua. Problem resolved. Thanks for the outstanding support

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

After the last 2 updates to Tacview I no longer have the option

of "Record DCS World Flights". he drop down menu is not there.

I have deleted the export.lua and reinstall Tacview, Selected the correct

ACMI folder but no recordings.

pic-tacviewrecordingfolder.png

Since a few updates ago Tacview options are within DCS itself, within the Special tab in the options.

Gliptal is right, Tacview exporter is now an addon of DCS World and can be configured from within DCS World options menu.

Can you share me your dcs.log file HellsBells? It will probably display the source of your issue.

It should be somewhere in \Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Tacview 1.6.1 is available!

Download: http://tacview.net/download

Before everything else: The online debriefing is working again! My apologies for the delay and the inconvenience. This feature was broken because of a change introduced by the real-time telemetry. This is now fixed and everything should work as expected. You may even combine the real-time telemetry and online debriefing to oversee with other officers a battle in progress!

This intermediate version also introduces several fixes and improvements to make the whole debriefing experience smoother:

• The long-awaited fuel telemetry is here! You can now review the fuel quantity and flow in most of the flight simulators and even in real-life (with the Garmin G1000 for example).
  • Terrain colors have been modified to match the ones used in US VFR charts. It is an experiment with the idea of Tacview 2.0 being able to auto generate virtual VFR/IFR charts for the ground textures. Which should give a final result to the one you can see on Skyvector.
  • Preliminary support has been added of IL-2 Sturmovik: Soon, you should be able to see proper 3d models for the aircraft (some may remain generic because Tacview library is growing up slowly), colors, coalitions, bullets, bombs and everything you can expect from a Tacview debriefing. IL-2 terrains should follow in Tacview 1.6.2.
  • Talking about WWII: The famous DCS: Normandy 1944 Map has been added to Tacview.
  • It is now possible to display full 3D earth without ocean surface to see submarines. In a future revision, a translucent ocean surface should be visible too.

What’s next?

In the coming revisions of Tacview:

• All the major IL-2 terrains will be added to Tacview.
  • Because of lack of time, Falcon 4.0 real-time telemetry is still a project. But, be assured that I will do my best to offer you this feature if it is possible to do so.
  • You will get a brand-new static-objects engine with its integrated editor! Handy to easily and quickly add runways, nav-aids and any other objects you would like to see in the world of Tacview.
  • Native support for Open Street Map and Bing Map tiles.

868230043159457792.png

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Added fuel quantity and flow for DCS World, X-Plane, FSX, and Garmin G1000

• Added support for custom raw elevation maps with arbitrary coordinates

• Added Pegase and Duo Discus 3d models donated by Benoit ’Windblow’ Wingedsky

• Added terrain high-contrast mode for video projector use

• Added most of IL2 aircraft to Tacview database

• Added support for DCS: Normandy 1944 Map

• Added an option to automatically reconnect the real-time telemetry

• Added Eject & Respawn commands to the remote controls

• Added a status bar icon when real-time telemetry is active

• It is now possible to display 3D oceans to see submarines

• New FAA VFR style terrain color scheme

FIXES

• Fixed a crash in charts when some options where selected

• Online debriefing was not working anymore with Tacview 1.6 final

• It was not possible to change the online debriefing port

• Left ALT was not working properly (e.g. ALT+F4 was not closing Tacview)

• DCS World exporter was not always active and compressing files in zip on a fresh install

• Charts were updated even when not displayed

• X-Plane main aircraft pilot name and importance are now properly exported

There is a problem with Tacview 1.6.1 that can be best seen when opening the attached file in both 1.6.0 and 1.6.1.

1.6.0:

1) Select the FAB-100 as the object of interest.

2) Select "Altitude (ASL)" as Primary Y axis type.

3) Select "Distance (Ground)" as X axis type.

4) Notice how a realistic trajectory is displayed. So far so good.

5) Switch Primary Y axis type to "Distance (Ground)".

6) Notice how the Y axis ground distance is 0 ft until about 6040 ft of X axis ground distance, then suddenly jumps to 16795 ft (the total ground distance travelled). One would expect a function of Y = X to be displayed instead (for every foot of ground distance, the bomb flies one foot of ground distance).

1.6.1:

4) Notice how no trajectory at all is displayed. With other recordings at this point you seemingly randomly do get a trajectory, however when trying to execute step 5) above, again there is no trajectory displayed.

Vyrtuoz, if in addition to fixing the above bug you have some time to spare, I would love to see a feature that optionally displays the total ground distance travelled for any projectile independently of a .csv data export, which would facilitate ballistic analyses.

Tacview-20170603-223638-DCS-Ballistics.zip

Hi,

I have a problem with Tacview 1.61 not recording probably...

- Tacview 1.61

- DCS World 2.1 Open Alpha with NTTR/Normandy

- I can see Tacview inside DCS in the Settings / Special Settings tab

After the flight, I can find a corresponding *.acmi file under /Documents/Tacview. But these files always have a size of only 1kb and basically contain no data except start and end of the flight.

What I can see from the attached dcs.log file, the flight data recorder loads successfully?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Jens

dcs.log.txt

Edited by jens198
typos

Thank you for the detailed feedback Bestandskraft. I am going to fix this issue in the next beta of Tacview 1.6.2.

There is a problem with Tacview 1.6.1 that can be best seen when opening the attached file in both 1.6.0 and 1.6.1.

1.6.0:

4) Notice how a realistic trajectory is displayed. So far so good.

5) Switch Primary Y axis type to "Distance (Ground)".

6) Notice how the Y axis ground distance is 0 ft until about 6040 ft of X axis ground distance, then suddenly jumps to 16795 ft (the total ground distance travelled). One would expect a function of Y = X to be displayed instead (for every foot of ground distance, the bomb flies one foot of ground distance).

1.6.1:

4) Notice how no trajectory at all is displayed. With other recordings at this point you seemingly randomly do get a trajectory, however when trying to execute step 5) above, again there is no trajectory displayed.

Vyrtuoz, if in addition to fixing the above bug you have some time to spare, I would love to see a feature that optionally displays the total ground distance travelled for any projectile independently of a .csv data export, which would facilitate ballistic analyses.

According to your log, the file C:\Users\Jens\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Scripts\Export.lua is corrupted. This is preventing Tacview exporter from being executed.

Can you share this file please?

Hi,

I have a problem with Tacview 1.61 not recording probably...

- Tacview 1.61

- DCS World 2.1 Open Alpha with NTTR/Normandy

- I can see Tacview inside DCS in the Settings / Special Settings tab

After the flight, I can find a corresponding *.acmi file under /Documents/Tacview. But these files always have a size of only 1kb and basically contain no data except start and end of the flight.

What I can see from the attached dcs.log file, the flight data recorder loads successfully?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Jens

According to your log, the file C:\Users\Jens\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Scripts\Export.lua is corrupted. This is preventing Tacview exporter from being executed.

Can you share this file please?

see attachment for my export.lua

P.S. I copied the export.lua from the Tacview ProgDir to the script folder and now everything works fine.

Thanks!

Jens

Export.lua

Edited by jens198

I had trouble with my export script as well but just got tacview working again.

This is my first time using it since the 10 minute playback delay feature has been added. I replayed a several day old track from the 104th and the portion I wanted analyze occurred during the last 10 minutes of the track which apparently is not accessible.

My question is, will the last 10 minutes of 104th multiplayer tracks always be unavailable even if I'm replaying the track on my own local machine? And if the track is less than 10 minutes no playback at all will be available? Could someone please clarify?

I had trouble with my export script as well but just got tacview working again.

This is my first time using it since the 10 minute playback delay feature has been added. I replayed a several day old track from the 104th and the portion I wanted analyze occurred during the last 10 minutes of the track which apparently is not accessible.

My question is, will the last 10 minutes of 104th multiplayer tracks always be unavailable even if I'm replaying the track on my own local machine? And if the track is less than 10 minutes no playback at all will be available? Could someone please clarify?

Nope, you're screwed. The "delay" is literally cut the last XXX amount of time out of the track. It's auto-enabled on all servers too unless you install Tacview on your server and use your DCS special options menu to change it. :doh:

Lord of Salt

ten mins really is a bit overboard

if we want those ten mins accessible for later analysis, you've gotta park your jet (denying its use for someone else) for those ten miserable mins, and remember come back and turn off your computer... : /

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ten mins really is a bit overboard

if we want those ten mins accessible for later analysis, you've gotta park your jet (denying its use for someone else) for those ten miserable mins, and remember come back and turn off your computer... : /

IMO, it's not even the 10 min that's the problem, it's not the implementation (they're both inefficient, sure, but still), it's that the delay/cutoff is shoved down everyone's throats by default. I've been in multiple servers, public, private, or otherwise, where the host had no idea about the cutoff or didn't know how to change it. All because the airquake side of the community yelled the loudest.

Makes it useless on dogfight servers.

What are you doing on dogfight servers? :D

Edited by Sweep

Lord of Salt

• 2 weeks later...

In a coming update of Tacview, you will be able to completely record an online flight, including the last 10 minutes, when playing back the track in DCS World.

I simply did not have the time to code this feature yet.

In Tacview 1.6.2 beta 2 you will be able to record the whole flight when playing back a track file.

Also, I am currently working on an improved anti-cheat system with the hope of making everyone happy.

Thanks for the response!

Sounds awesome!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I'm having an issue with the latest version.

When i start a sortie i get the message that the flight is being recorded but once i leave the game to check for the ACMI file, it has 3KB and the only thing recorded on it is the briefing, i have no ACM data.

You probably have something like a third-party script which prevents Tacview exporter from running properly.

Check the question 16 in the FAQ: http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q16

Your dcs.log file will probably contain the answer.

I get this

00130.132 ALERT EDCORE: Can't execute Lua file C:\Users\tymon\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua - [string "C:\Users\tymon\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua"]:255: table index is nil

For the record, this is my Export.lua

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua')

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

However from the log it apparently loads everything successfully, because it even generates an acmi file, however it only records the briefing and has 3KB in size. Those lines are all the ones who mention tacview in my log:

00010.401 INFO TACVIEW.GUI: Loading C++ flight data recorder from [C:\Users\tymon\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\Tacview\bin\]

00010.405 INFO TACVIEW.GUI: Tacview 1.6.1 C++ flight data recorder successfully loaded

00017.847 INFO TACVIEW.DLL: Tacview Flight Data Recorder 1.6.1 Loaded

00017.847 INFO TACVIEW.DLL: Config={dataRecordingEnabled=1,recordClientsSessionsEnabled=0,bookmarkShortcut=0,playbackDelay=600,compressionLevel=1,profilingPeriod=600,debugModeEnabled=0}

00130.132 ALERT EDCORE: Can't execute Lua file C:\Users\tymon\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua - [string "C:\Users\tymon\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua"]:255: table index is nil

00148.950 INFO TACVIEW.DLL: Recording flight data in [C:\Users\tymon\Documents\Tacview\Tacview-20170629-141102-DCS-Through The Inferno (South) v174br.zip.acmi]

00953.260 INFO TACVIEW.DLL: End of flight data recording

00973.776 INFO TACVIEW.DLL: Tacview Flight Data Recorder 1.6.1 Loaded

00973.776 INFO TACVIEW.DLL: Config={dataRecordingEnabled=1,recordClientsSessionsEnabled=0,bookmarkShortcut=0,playbackDelay=600,compressionLevel=1,profilingPeriod=600,debugModeEnabled=0}

01103.737 ALERT EDCORE: Can't execute Lua file C:\Users\tymon\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua - [string "C:\Users\tymon\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua"]:255: table index is nil

01114.694 INFO TACVIEW.DLL: Recording flight data in [C:\Users\tymon\Documents\Tacview\Tacview-20170629-142707-DCS-Through The Inferno (South) v174br.zip.acmi]

01530.015 INFO TACVIEW.DLL: End of flight data recording

==============EDIT===========

It seems that when i installed Tacview it didn't update the older tacview scripts i had in the Scripts folder. i've now copypasted the ones from the tacview installation folder to my scripts folder and will now test, but they should be working fine now.

Edited by TeeJayD