P51D OpenAlpha HUD FIX

voodooman

just a quickfix for the dark smutches (collimator projector lens reflection) in hud.

remember not to report bugs with this in use!!!!

im sure it will be fixed by the devs in no time, this is just for untill then.

didn't bother to make it a mod, its just the file/s, installation text file included.

i had the file open in photoshop so i tought; what the hell :) and made few versions

- fix

- fix with clean canopy

- fix with clean canopy without scratches (might give you few fps?)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dte6nykhjore25/P-51%20hud%20fix%20open%20alpha.rar?dl=0

edit. tried them all just now with low sun. i like the last one best. reflections are visible and the game looks absolutely fantastic!! it's like the sunlight gets thru the glass into the cockpit and those gauge edges are even more shiny :)

Edited by voodooman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

these are obsolete with the current build.

they decided to hide the: p51d-cpt_glass.tga.dds so it cant be modded. dont know why.. i was just trying to help...

with the current build 2.1.1 the hud edges are allmost invisible, which has gotten some people to complain about it in the forums.

I would have loved to edit the alphachannel around the edges to make them visible again. I have time on my hands atm and could have used it to fix it. would have given right to use it in game as well...but.. oh well... it is what it is..

Edited by voodooman

Thanks for the quick fix Voodooman. It got me through for sure.

The new model is fine too.Those smudges were not fun.

Your fix was much appreciated here.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

You did what you could.

these are obsolete with the current build.

they decided to hide the: p51d-cpt_glass.tga.dds so it cant be modded. dont know why.. i was just trying to help...

with the current build 2.1.1 the hud edges are allmost invisible, which has gotten some people to complain about it in the forums.

I would have loved to edit the alphachannel around the edges to make them visible again. I have time on my hands atm and could have used it to fix it. would have given right to use it in game as well...but.. oh well... it is what it is..

Thanks for your fix to the dark spots. It helped a lot until ED fixed it. As you stated, they introduced another issue, but feel certain they will address that as well. They have a lot on their plate. Doesn't take away from your jumping in to find a quick fix for the previous problem. We are grateful to you for that.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

thank you guys for your kind words:)

i have no doubt that the current issue will be fixed by devs in no time.

and i know they have a lot on their plate atm. that was the reason i released the fix in the first place.

secondly i really appreciate how early they let us in on the (normandy) map, knowing there's gonna be lots of stuff unfinished, making people complain about this and that. i REALLY love the map and i'm very exited about it, and about what's to come.

that said, i would have liked to increase the cockpit reflections saturation a bit too as i remember how nicely visible they were when DCS was still in dx9. i found it helpful to keep the plane coordinated when nothing else of the cockpit was visible (when looking up).

i guess by hiding the file, they wanted to eliminate the possibility of the glass getting too "see thru" to give unfair advantage to those using "clean canopy" mods vs users with unmodded game.

well.. im gonna be playing the game whatever it is like:D, i would play it if it were only half of what it is now, as would propably most of you too:smilewink:

see you in the skies! S!

Edited by voodooman