Bailey's VoiceAttack Profiles (Added Mirage F1!)

Thinking gonna get Voice Attack since the current comms menu bugs bad (seems like it should be chucked asap and replaced with a radial menu system even in the base game).

Curious if I'd be ok with the base VA license or if I really need VAICOM, AIRIO, etc. I am mainly playing the F-14 right now but will eventually get back to F-18, F-15C, SU-27 and start the A-10A....

Otherwise, Bailey's profiles look the best alternative. Curious if anyone is currently fine with just these or if I won't be happy unless I have all the profiles. Or if it's just paying for convenience and I could effectively build the same thing without the additional expense. It's not a huge amount of money though I'm most concerned with running yet another app/plugin, etc and the bloat down the road.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

It's going to be up to you at the end of it. If you're just wanting something to cover comms TACAN & other aircraft controls I'm sure Bailey's profile would be fine. Vaicom is more sophisticated and is mainly aimed at communication, it can also disable menus for more immersive flying and other goodies. That said it can come with it's own problems too.

To help you make a decision I'd start with Bailey's profile. I'd also download the Vaicom Help guide where you'll get a good idea of what extra it can bring to the party, to help you to decide

https://www.vaicompro.com/uploads/7/5/4/3/75436709/vaicom_pro_user_manual.pdf

It's been a while since I've ran Bailey's profiles and they are probably more spohisticated than mine. I made my own but only really to cover comms and TACAN for functions for Caucasus and PG (I plan to add in Nevada later), I made them for the FA-18, F-14 and to a lesser extent AV-8B (lack of keybinds avaialble) and AJS-37. If anybody wants to try them, they're welcome just drop me a PM.

I'm a fan of Vaicom, IMHO it's well worth the money (as is Voice Attack of course) and of course you can piggyback Bailey's profile onto the back of Vaicom very easily.

Edited by Weegie

Dumb question, but I seem to fail being able to have any ptt options? Or do you set them within VA.?

They can be set in VA. I personally use an Open Mic.

~Bailey

• 1 month later...

Hello Bailey, I love your P-51 Voice Attack Profile! I had one question.

I like creating Custom commands with regards to phases of flight. For instance, Before Landing, will include deploying the Gear, Landing Light, but I also want to deploy 20 degrees of Flap. Is there a way I can tap into your custom command flaps [0;10;20;30;40;47;50;full down;full up;up one;down one] and just somehow pick out 20? If not can simply use Flaps down command twice. .

Thanks and cheers!

Canadian CPL ME IR

DCS Normandy Map +Assets Pack/ P51-D / Spitfire / BF-109 / FW 190-D9 / F/A-18C / A-4E

Intel i7 7700k Kaby Lake 4.2 / Gigabyte GA-270X Ultra Gaming Mobo / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3866 Memory / Radeon RX 590/

Thrust Master Hotas Warthhog / Delan Fusion Clip with PS2 Camera

Hello Bailey, I love your P-51 Voice Attack Profile! I had one question.

I like creating Custom commands with regards to phases of flight. For instance, Before Landing, will include deploying the Gear, Landing Light, but I also want to deploy 20 degrees of Flap. Is there a way I can tap into your custom command flaps [0;10;20;30;40;47;50;full down;full up;up one;down one] and just somehow pick out 20? If not can simply use Flaps down command twice. .

Thanks and cheers!

Glad to hear! Yes, you can tap into it, but the method is not suggested, but works quite well! When you make your Before Landing command use the "Execute another command" task. Instead of selecting "flaps [0;20;30;etc]" instead, type in the box "flaps 20" or whatever the command is.

The reason why it's not suggested is because if you change the flaps command, your Before Landing command will NOT change with it. Personally I would likely do the Flaps Down command twice. Less chance for funny business.

~Bailey

• 2 weeks later...

SRS for DCS VoiceAttack Profile released! Check out the first post.

~Bailey

What "first post?"

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly:

The bottom of this one: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242416

~Bailey

Got it! Didn't understand to go to the very first message 4 pages back! Thanks!

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly:

DCS P-51D Mustang Voice Attack Profile has been updated to version 1.1.0. I made changes to the diff.lua. If you are not having any trouble flying, don't worry about updating. (Also fixed the "gear up" command. If you weren't using that one then... :P ) .

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307326/

~Bailey

DCS P-51D Mustang Voice Attack Profile has been updated to version 1.1.0. I made changes to the diff.lua. If you are not having any trouble flying, don't worry about updating. (Also fixed the "gear up" command. If you weren't using that one...you do you :P ) . Here is the link to the updated VA profile for the Mustang.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307326/

DCS Su-25T VoiceAttack and DCS TF-51 Mustang Voice Attack profiles are now available in the ED User Files! Check it out on the first post! Yea, I'm watchin' out for the DCS FREE people out there ;).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3937444#post3937444

~Bailey

• 1 month later...
would have loved to try this but since 2.5.6 Voice attack with viacom pro doesnt work for me. Game wont start due to incompatible sound files when you start Voice Attack.

Awww, that's a bummer. Make sure to check Hollywood's (VAICOM PRO) forum thread. Just yesterday I realized that the ED sound files are now all encrypted. I'm interested in seeing what people put together for a solution.

~Bailey

Bailey

So far your F18 profile seems to play nice with Viacom Pro.

I noticed that you didn't have a custom command for Altitude Hold so I used your Attitude Hold example and copied it to my own profile and made the appropriate changes.

So far no sound issues.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Bailey

So far your F18 profile seems to play nice with Viacom Pro.

I noticed that you didn't have a custom command for Altitude Hold so I used your Attitude Hold example and copied it to my own profile and made the appropriate changes.

So far no sound issues.

Thanks for letting me know about VAICOM PRO comparability.

I *think* that there's a "baro hold" command which for our proposes would be the same as "altitude hold". Could you check to see that's still there?

No sound issues is great! Thanks for the feedback!

~Bailey

Bailey

I am compiling a list of either my user errors or issues with your F18 profile. This will take several days to do. For example turning the Tacan on and having the channel entered does not seem to put the coordinates in the HSI. I am not sure if this is my error or an issue with the profile. I will get back to you with this and other issues that I find. Do you want me to PM you with my list? I am sure that most issues are caused by my lack of understanding and not your profile.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Bailey

I am compiling a list of either my user errors or issues with your F18 profile. ... Do you want me to PM you with my list? I am sure that most issues are caused by my lack of understanding and not your profile.

Either way is fine. If you post here others may chine in if I'm not available.

~Bailey

Bailey I actually got my Voice attack working and I use Vaicom pro. Ive linked in your command set. My question is ... is your command set a list of phrases or are there key strokes attached to them. When I look at a command I dont see the key strokes

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Bailey I actually got my Voice attack working and I use Vaicom pro. Ive linked in your command set. My question is ... is your command set a list of phrases or are there key strokes attached to them. When I look at a command I dont see the key strokes

The commands are a set of phrases that call on other phrases that use keystrokes. I hope that made sense. For example: Gear up —> Landing gear up —> Ctrl+G.

~Bailey

The commands are a set of phrases that call on other phrases that use keystrokes. I hope that made sense. For example: Gear up —> Landing gear up —> Ctrl+G.

~Bailey

what is the advantage of nesting it like that.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

what is the advantage of nesting it like that.

The advantage is that if a developer changes any keybinds between updates (which actually happened yesterday), then you don’t have to search through thousands of commands to find every instance of where Landing Gear Up or Ctrl+G was used. All you have to do is change the one command that the devs changed, and all other commands are updated automatically.

~Bailey