[FIXED INTERNALLY] F5 HUD dark green?

Quekel

Same here.

Tried deleting metashaders and fxo folders, plus running a cleanup and repair. Happens for both default and chinese cockpit.

Looks like its calling for a texture that doesnt exist, so we get that dark green missing texture slapped across the HUD.

Screen_190301_162517.thumb.png.6366e9f8389af49ded3df61fbd31cadd.png

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The Amount of issue with the module are ridiculous, the feeling that the module is completely abandonned, it's really annoying.

Radar and Hud issue, but mostly a total mess with all the plane textures since the last update in August 2018.

Screen_190301_164942.thumb.png.dd8732afe5ff2c87b9c7c75358621917.png

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

The Amount of issue with the module are ridiculous, the feeling that the module is completely abandonned, it's really annoying.

Radar and Hud issue, but mostly a total mess with all the plane textures since the last update in August 2018.

I've never doubted that the F5 was abandoned.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Hi All,

On the new update my F5 HUD is dark green, anyone else having the same issue?

Yes, and the radar - see attached. What are those white dots everywhere?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

It's not a bug, it's a feature. :)

See it as protection against glare.

In some Russian machines you can also dim the HUD.

It is sad that all the energy in new features of the F-18 is plugged and most other aircraft are increasingly neglected.

Edited by Sauerkraut
for imacken

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

See it as protection against glare.

I assume you are joking!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Well God Dam. The very day the Mig 19 comes out and they break it's obvious opponent, the Tiger.

I'm actually relieved to realize it is a bug and not the devs idea of glare proofing that only looks so bad on my combination of hardware. For a horrifying moment I at first thought this is a feature and just how the tiger HUD will look from now on OH GOD PLEASE NOOOO!!!!!!!

It's unplayable in this state.

I guess I don't understand, the F-5 is a Finished module. Are the makers supposed to update it in perpetuity to fix every bonehead thing ED does to fiddle with their Jenga Tower of a game engine? Once a module is out of Beta shouldn't ED be the ones responsible for keeping it working as developed while they unceasingly futz with the game?

I guess I don't understand, the F-5 is a Finished module. Are the makers supposed to update it in perpetuity to fix every bonehead thing ED does to fiddle with their Jenga Tower of a game engine? Once a module is out of Beta shouldn't ED be the ones responsible for keeping it working as developed while they unceasingly futz with the game?

The makers for F-5 are ED (former Belsimtek). But yes, the whole Jenga-thing is very frustrating. And rather expensive. Just imagine all the resources and manpower it takes ED and other devs to fix bugs on old and released products! And all the upset players.

I have played PC games and sims for 26 years and this is the only title where updates likely will break stuff that is working. Something is very wrong under the hood, just hoping that ED would figure out how to avoid it from happening. They are smart people.

Back to the F-5. A 59.99$ completed module that gets more broken every update. What if a newcomer to DCS or simply someone who does not engage on the forums see this module in the store. How could he/she ever know what state the module is in? It looks fine on the storepage right?

I love DCS and I like ED. But this is so F R U S T R A T I N G to go through with almost every single update :mad:

Edited by Schmidtfire

Judging by how long it took to get the Spitfire's cockpit issues acknowledged and fixed, as well as the Yak's issues (which are only acknowledged, not fixed), it might be a while before we get an official response or fix on this one :(

Actually, the stuff breaks because there are some changes to the module being made recently. It looks like F-5 textures are slowly being updated to PBR, but sadly, it looks like no one controls what's being pushed to the public and we get some half working WIP stuff.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Actually, the stuff breaks because there are some changes to the module being made recently. It looks like F-5 textures are slowly being updated to PBR, but sadly, it looks like no one controls what's being pushed to the public and we get some half working WIP stuff.

I also found this a bit frustrating. Working myself in a software QA department, I think they are missing a proper regression test strategy for the numerous addons out there.

I hope, this will improve in the future.

Having small bugs on MERs or whatever which are not obvious at first can slip through into open beta. But such obvious things should have been detected if only one single person would start instant action in every single module.

Thanks guys. The issue has been reported and we'll try to fix ASAP.

Excellent news! Thanks, Wags.

If that's true, why did we see this bug before?

Thanks guys. The issue has been reported and we'll try to fix ASAP.

Fantastic. Thanks!