[MERGED] Afterburner effects and transition

Who has watched real afterburner during low light / night conditions ?

Because I don't trust pictures, too much dramatic effect and sensitivity to infrared light.

I have...F-15 & F-14D

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I have, almost nightly during my teen years: F-14A, B, D, F/A-18A,B,C,D,E,F,G

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I watched the video and now understand what he means...???????????? He's talking about the flickering when you look up the tail pipe, not the flame shooting out of it...He wants it like the MiG29's flame...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I watched the video and now understand what he means...???????????? He's talking about the flickering when you look up the tail pipe, not the flame shooting out of it...He wants it like the MiG29's flame...

Well the Mig-29's flame does look quite authentic, I certainly wouldn't mind something similar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Well, yeah, thats one of the points, but tbh the animation in the mig29 is not very good either...it just kind of rotates from one side to the other and looks quite meh, but yeah there is some animation...Im asking for an animation for this part but also a better one than the mig29 while at the same time the changes bwtween states are butter smooth and proggressive, no more instant burners lighting up nor 4 or 5 textures for 4 or 5 afterburner levels, just an animation with an effect that by its nature behaves proggresively and emits light smoothly while is animated with flames, sparkles and little changes in brightness(flickering) just as anyhing in "flames" would look...

Im sure is very doable for the talented graphics department of ED and after so many years with just a texture as afterburner I think is time for a total revamp of this particular effect.:thumbup:

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here