Hotfix wish 2.5.6

Dannyvandelft

No... don't take it out of Open Beta, tweak and adjust it if needed.

Maybe some should just stick to Stable version.

Can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Lighting needs a lot of work but that's to be expected actually, I think the new system was put in place and now the various light sources cockpit and otherwise need to be adjusted to it. It doesn't take long to think about and realize that this is a big task that spawns every single module and map and effect in DCS.

And honestly with so many problems introduced by the new patch ATM I think the lighting issues should remain lower in priority. Invisible planes and AI planes teleporting about and flying 80 degrees nose up lvl flight, should take priority. Not to mention MP instablity, etc.

I am sure Ed team is working out a fix.

The improvements brought by 2.5.6 is been great for me. A new feature like this is bond to create issues but on the long run, things would get smoothed out.

It is good feat achieved by ED and all they need do now is to aggressively look at the bugs being reported and kill them fast.

The good thing here is there are options of rolling back but I surely would be riding this one out especially when I have not issue flying patch 2.5.6 in vr.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I really hope that ED brings a hotfix for 2.5.6 soon.

Actually I'm tired of being "played" by ED with their promises about performance boosts every 2nd update.

Because all we've ever gotten is performance issues since the hornet came out in 2018.

(I remember playing in VR @90fps back in the days before the "forever unfinished hornet" came out)

Every single "performance boost" ended up in a massive performance loss and after 2 years of broken promises the performance got so much worse for me that DCS is not playable anymore.

Neither in VR nor in 2D.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

I really hope that ED brings a hotfix for 2.5.6 soon.

Actually I'm tired of being "played" by ED with their promises about performance boosts every 2nd update.

Because all we've ever gotten is performance issues since the hornet came out in 2018.

(I remember playing in VR @90fps back in the days before the "forever unfinished hornet" came out)

Every single "performance boost" ended up in a massive performance loss and after 2 years of broken promises the performance got so much worse for me that DCS is not playable anymore.

Neither in VR nor in 2D.

Hi Jumpink,

Calm down as per above person said they working hard on all fixes and important aspects of DCS by means core of the SIM, now the tuneup for performance will come along, and I do believe you do not read the updates notes as they do release performance fixes on those updates. Now I’m not sure what type of machine you have got but looks like guys with 1070’s 1060’s little bit on boosts have decent FPS and well playable SIM, my self I have got no probs got well beyond 90fps in game all maxed with reso of 1080p on my gtx1080OC by MSI I would say old but gold any game till today max out no issues specially DCS I have got even tomcat with textures pack 8k and stunning look, so have a look at your end and no need to spread anger here because your machine do not run SIM as you said back years a goo! Lot of stuff changed and yes DCS is more demanding SIM now but if your pc is healthy and you have got recent hardware by that mean not like gpu gtx970 or 960’s you should be fine or look for update your machine to match the requirements of today’s gaming industry. As I said look in to your pc first before coming here and spray :thumbup:

Have a nice day guys and looking forward to stable release of 2.5.6 and my supercarear all ready here for bad boy!

:pilotfly:

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

Restore lighting to 2.5.5, keep the other updates.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Noooooooooooo and go back to darkness?

FIX the lightning, not go back to the cave!

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Hi Jumpink,

Calm down as per above person said they working hard on all fixes and important aspects of DCS by means core of the SIM, now the tuneup for performance will come along, and I do believe you do not read the updates notes as they do release performance fixes on those updates. Now I’m not sure what type of machine you have got but looks like guys with 1070’s 1060’s little bit on boosts have decent FPS and well playable SIM, my self I have got no probs got well beyond 90fps in game all maxed with reso of 1080p on my gtx1080OC by MSI I would say old but gold any game till today max out no issues specially DCS I have got even tomcat with textures pack 8k and stunning look, so have a look at your end and no need to spread anger here because your machine do not run SIM as you said back years a goo! Lot of stuff changed and yes DCS is more demanding SIM now but if your pc is healthy and you have got recent hardware by that mean not like gpu gtx970 or 960’s you should be fine or look for update your machine to match the requirements of today’s gaming industry. As I said look in to your pc first before coming here and spray :thumbup:

Have a nice day guys and looking forward to stable release of 2.5.6 and my supercarear all ready here for bad boy!

:pilotfly:

I'm sorry for letting go my anger. but imo ED shouldn't promise performance-boosts every once in a while when they are actually performance killers right after the updates.

maybe it would be better to announce performance boosts after their actual occurance.

otherwise it's a bit like trying to show off muscles without ever been at the gym before.

my system specs:

i7 @5.0GHz

32GB RAM

RTX 2080Ti

Rift CV1

I think this should be enough to run it smooth.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.