AAR in game HELP!

DevPreach

Hi all,

Is it just me or is there a bug in air to air refueling? I have tried it in the A10 both A and C and now the F/A18C and I have a horrible time even getting to the point to where I’m even getting close to establishing pre-contact (The closest I’ve even gotten to the tanker is about 1.2 nm away) and the tanker banks away from me so I approach to it again same thing and it goes on and on several times that I just end up getting mad and blow the tanker out of the sky. What am I doing wrong?

DevPreach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X OC'd to 4.4 GHz on all 8 Cores, Asus ROG STRIX GAMING-E MOBO, 3XWD Blue 500GB SSD, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB PCIE SSD, Seagate 4TB 7200RPM HDD, GIGABYTE AORUS AMD RADEON RX VEGA 56 Graphics Card, EVGA G2 SUPERNOVA 1000W PSU, THERMALTAKE VIEW 71 TG CASE, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS

There certainly is no problem with AAR in the Hornet, I'm practically doing that every day - that warrants digging deeper into the mission you are using.

How is everything set up, what tanker are you using etc...

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

With the Hornet it is the standard air to air refueling missions with the Caucasus and Persian Gulf maps the way that the missions come set up with no modifications and the same missions for the A10C also with no modifications made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X OC'd to 4.4 GHz on all 8 Cores, Asus ROG STRIX GAMING-E MOBO, 3XWD Blue 500GB SSD, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB PCIE SSD, Seagate 4TB 7200RPM HDD, GIGABYTE AORUS AMD RADEON RX VEGA 56 Graphics Card, EVGA G2 SUPERNOVA 1000W PSU, THERMALTAKE VIEW 71 TG CASE, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS

Odd. I have not issues with any of the tankers, at least when it comes to them staying in place. Make your own mission and check it out. Set up a tanker with a basket, set it to a long, straight flight path and set up your airplane (with 50% fuel) behind it, along the same path.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Getting frustrated is like the last thing u wanna do during AAR. This skillset took me longer to learn than anything else in dcs. I woke up an hour early every day and practiced before work. By wednesday I was hitting the basket. By friday I could hit and stay connected for the entire transfer. Practice your formation flying and have a good foothold in that before you try to do AAR. It will make it alot easier as all AAR is formation flying with the tanker. The bug is that AAR is too ez in DCS. It's comical how bad you can miss and still connect to the basket.

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.

The key of successful AAR is training and patience. When i started, I barely get close enough to tanker, I was not able even to catch a basket. Now im refueling without any problems in day, night, bad weather and even with wake turbolence effect on. But it tooks me a lot, a lot of flight hours to learn.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Feels par for the course for the first few times, really. Patience indeed is key, and practicing in favourable conditions at first.

I'd encourage setting up your own quick mission. Doesn't need much: your F-18, a tanker reasonably close and a long racetrack pattern for it. I don't know how long the patterns actually are in the training missions, but it might be they are short enough that the tanker won't properly settle down after a curve (thus giving you very little time to actually refuel before the next curve).