F-5 in game IFF?

OldE24

The F-5E radar lacks an IFF interrogator, so cannot IFF.

The F-5E can RESPOND to IFF requests i.e. a F-15C radar interrogation will show the F-5E as friend or foe.

As the F-5E does not have BVR capability, the radar is to help find and range potential targets, not ID them.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

So you have seen Belsimtek's manual and we are all for sure this is positive? i have read the other stuff about the aircraft there are so many different variants and things and as a MP player i would not buy this module if is the case.

Edited by OldE24

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

So you have seen Belsimtek's manual and we are all for sure this is positive? i have read the other stuff about the aircraft there are so many different variants and things and as a MP player i would not buy this module if is the case.

Your loss on an iconic aircraft

So you have seen Belsimtek's manual and we are all for sure this is positive?
The F-5 Freedom Fighter is one of my favourite aircraft, so I have taken particular interest in Belsimtek's F-5E-3. Comparing the cockpit to the real manuals, etc. we will be getting the variant with the better radar and a RWR, so optimised for dogfighting.

i have read the other stuff about the aircraft there are so many different variants and things
Several nations have upgraded their F-5E's, however the original radar is replaced, often (always?) with the removal of one of the canons to make space for a larger/newer radar system. The cockpit avionics and radar displays are also substantially different in these versions. The F-5E-3 shown in WIP screen shots, videos, etc. retains both canons and it's 'original' instruments and radar display.
and as a MP player i would not buy this module if is the case.
The F-5E-3 is not overly complicated to learn or fly and the version we are getting is optimised for dogfighting, many players will enjoy flying it in MP, even if you do not.

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I am looking forward to F-5 with it's realistic feaetures and realistic omissions, and looking forward to flying both with and against it on multiplayer MiG-21 vs F-5 servers.

Personally I don't like 104 type servers at all anyway, so no loss for me there ;).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I am far more intressted simple aircraft like F-5 where you have to rely on your dogfights skills.

It's a real pilots plane, for me much more intressting then all later US/RU jets with BVR.

• Like 1

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I am looking forward to F-5 with it's realistic feaetures and realistic omissions, and looking forward to flying both with and against it on multiplayer MiG-21 vs F-5 servers.

Personally I don't like 104 type servers at all anyway, so no loss for me there ;).

Expect my squad to have a dedicated server just for this.

http://www.adversarypros.proboards.com

The radar has a 10nm range by which you should be able to visually ID.

But I hear you. IF the server allows all aircrafts on both sides and doesn't use different skins for the coalitions then this will be a problem in mp.

For these cases,... we got "easy radio", auto start procedure and even a game mode, I wouldn't mind an optional IFF ability for match purposes despite it not being realistic.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Asset and Flight management would prevent Friendly Fire.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The radar has a 10nm range by which you should be able to visually ID.

AFAIK the APQ-159 radar has a 32 mile range.

Without going into to much detail, the typical missile attack radar phases are

• 32 mile - Search
  • 10 mile - Acquisition
  • 6 mile - lock-on/tracking
  • 2 mile - launch

the search phase might start closer at 20 miles or less if tactically advantageous i.e. in a dogfight

For a guns attack, the radar phases are

• 10 mile - Search
  • 3 mile - Acquisition
  • 2700 ft - lock-on/tracking (450 ft minimum)

the canons have 1000 ft min. engagement range.

Edited by Ramsay
Was reading the APQ-157 specs, the APQ-159 has longer range

AFAIK the APQ-157 radar has a 20 mile range.

Without going into to much detail, the typical missile attack phases are

• 20 mile - Search
  • 10 mile - Acquisition
  • 6 mile - lock-on/tracking
  • 2 mile - launch

I think you mean the APQ-159

If i remember correctly the 157 is the 2 seat / 2 display variant of the 153

so it has 153 performance.

(as it uses a 153 radar but with dual controls/displays)

the APQ 159 is the variant we are getting

(APQ-159-3 as its for the single seat variant and lacks AGM-65 support)

But the range etc you stated match the 159 and is correct for this module.