Start hitting the manual now, for the F-5E in July

Vedexent

F-5E Flight manual can be found here: 1F-5E-1 F-5E Flight Manual

It's worth reading the procedures for normal and emergency procedures, and familiarizing yourself with the cockpit layout.

Other F-5 variants manuals can be found here: http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/northrop/f-5tigerii.html

Edited by Vedexent
cleaning up links
  • Like 1

Aviologs doesn't charge, per se - you can still screen read them on the site, but yeah, to download them you need to be a registered member - and that's for the whole library of manuals - not like you have to fork over $ for each manual.

You've got a link to a free downloadable basic flight operations manual, which is great - but it doesn't contain the weapons systems details and deployment procedures.

If anyone can find a freely downloadable version of that one, that'd be great.

Anyone know which version will Belsimtek model in the F-5E ? Mainly I'd like to know because of the radar.

The older version with simpler, 20 mile range AN/APQ-153 or the F-5E-1 with AN/APQ-159(V)-3 with 40 mile scan range and slewable lock-on functionality?

hrT066Y.png

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

F-5E-3 with RWR, auto maneuvering flaps, APQ-159-3.

Not sure of 40 miles though... as far as I know it has a 37 km detection range.

According to the screenshot I posted above, the only variant with the APQ-159-3 is "F-5E-1" but yeah, I do hope we get the better radar.

Weapons delivery manual quotes ranges (that the pilot can select, not sure about detection ranges) : AN/APQ-153 has 5/10/20 nm, AN/APQ-159 has 5/10/20/40 nm.

Lock on range is the same: less than 10 nm, but the 153 only locks on to a contact in the "boresight" region, the APQ-159 can lock on to targets anywhere in the scan zone, within the same 10 nm range.

I.e: with AN/APQ-153 you need to point the plane in the direction of the contact you want to lock. With the AN/APQ-159 you can slew the targeting caret (acquisition symbol) much like in the F-15C that we have. Of course it is simpler, has/shows more clutter, a 2 bar scan up to 20 nm - 1 bar scan up to 40 nm, shorter range lock on range etc... But still: A Much better radar judging from the things I read, user experience is easier at least!

Edited by Juuba

At least earlier, scribd allowed you to download if you upload something... that's how I got it, perhaps. I have it in my onedrive, not sure if I dare to share it :(

F-5E Flight manual can be found here: 1F-5E-1 F-5E Flight Manual

It's worth reading the procedures for normal and emergency procedures, and familiarizing yourself with the cockpit layout.

Other F-5 variants manuals can be found here: http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/northrop/f-5tigerii.html

Is the manual part of the per-purchase, don't and if so when will be available to per-purchaser? TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Anyone know which version will Belsimtek model in the F-5E ?

according to this manual it's the E1.

compare cockpit layout with the teaser video (00:07 and 00:18 ) , especially the ARMT POSITION SELECT switches for wingtip and centerline in yellow...

page 1 - 20

Edited by hotray

blibet suber!

😄

ray

Swiss Jet Team Movie 2021

Is the manual part of the per-purchase, don't and if so when will be available to per-purchaser? TC

The manuals linked here are the operational manuals for the F-5, in several variants.

Not the sim manual - not a game manual - the actual aircraft manual of the real plane.

according to this manual it's the E1.

compare cockpit layout with the teaser video (00:07 and 00:18 ) , especially the ARMT POSITION SELECT switches for wingtip and centerline in yellow...

page 1 - 20

Cheers! I didn't realise to view the teaser with such vigilance!

Thanks for the info!

Damn - it's the same exact same doc originally linked to, and Scribd is also a pay site.

I was wondering if there was a link somewhere to a copy not behind a paywall.

Both Scibd and Aviologs let you read on screen.

Found this in reddit:

[ame]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13722035/2post/dcs/f_tiger_ii_aircrew_nonnuclear_weapons_delivery_manual_to_1f-5e-34-1-1_1_march_1980.pdf[/ame]

edit: Here's the URL in code:

[url]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13722035/2post/dcs/f_tiger_ii_aircrew_nonnuclear_weapons_delivery_manual_to_1f-5e-34-1-1_1_march_1980.pdf[/url]