Ракеты в DCS

Chizh

Hi lester,

Here is how the radar missiles work in DCS, more or less, and assuming you are using correct launch (ie. STT or TWS where appropriate):

* (S)ARH missile will home in right away when launched unless it needs a datalink, ie. long range shot with R-27ER or AIM-120 or R-77. AIM-7 before P block II has no datalink and is homing in all way from launch to impact with its own seeker.

* When the missile reaches seeker activation point (could be at launch :) ) it activates its seeker. If it still has aircraft guidance it will point the seeker where the intended target is and lock onto it, otherwise, it will begin a search for a target (obviously applies to ARH in DCS)

* Missiles have an INS in-game, so 'cheapshot' it possible: The missile will fly to the defined activation point and begin a search with its seeker. You cannot guarantee target selection in this case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi lester,

Here is how the radar missiles work in DCS, more or less, and assuming you are using correct launch (ie. STT or TWS where appropriate)

Hey GGTharos,

Thanks for the detailed answer!

Yeah, I believe the last case is applicable to the Growling Sidewinder's video I posted above then.

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

• 2 weeks later...
Вот это так же осталось. В оффлайне проверил.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3736786&postcount=6430

Ага, в онлайне проверил))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Однажды у Высоцкого западные журналисты спросили о его отношении к власти в СССР, он ответил: «У меня есть претензии к властям моей страны, но решать их я буду не с вами…»

сегодняшний ХАРМ открыл нам много нового :D

https://giphy.com/gifs/C9xpJSxESaHvG1GG7p

https://giphy.com/gifs/2eK1steQlpsWFxvaeB

:lol::thumbup:

В симуляторе чем дальше тем чудесатей и чудесатей...вон газелеводы послали всех нах и сказали , что у них всё нормально и дм ,и ракетки мистралевые:D

Тут ещё мас на носу и не понятно чё там за ace combat будет...сила лебедя:D

Пора запасаться попкорном к очередным срачам между "а чё не как в жизне" и "это бизнес детка" :D

В целом да. Это их право.Они такие же разрабы как мы и имеют право делать ЛА, так как считают нужным. © Chizh :D

We do not know if ED has got all thier missiles wrong, but what I know is, that the russian missiles are not correct on multiple aspects. Why that is that way we do not know and we do not ask for the reasons. If the stinger ingame is wrong in performances? I do not know, cause I have not taken a look at it yet. In other words, I have not made a test yet and at the moment I am not planning on testing a missile that is not in our hands for now.

For us the topic is closed for now.

This might sound rude or some people will not comprehend our standing, but, as long as we do not get any constructive numbers from the people that claim the mistral would be wrong, and youtube videos will not do, we see this as a basic complain that has not a very strong base of facts.

I hope I do not disappoint you to much here.

Ха! Они не только настаивают на своих ракетах, они ещё щас Чижа русским ракетам научат!!

Мамадорогая

Я ору :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ха! Они не только настаивают на своих ракетах, они ещё щас Чижа русским ракетам научат!!

Даёшь «Феникс» в каждый дом! :lol:

PS: Потом хитблюры Yo-Yo перевоспитает и в космос полетим! :)

Мамадорогая

Ну раз борщ_2б сказал..., значит у них все правильно, у нас как всегды, а у этих алаверды)) чумовой расклад)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Однажды у Высоцкого западные журналисты спросили о его отношении к власти в СССР, он ответил: «У меня есть претензии к властям моей страны, но решать их я буду не с вами…»

I don't know if the demonstrated behavior is exactly correct, but I do know that HARM has at least 180deg and possibly 360deg coverage. So yes, according to some sources, you can launch it at radars that are behind you. :)

I don't know how reliable the information is for 360deg.

сегодняшний ХАРМ открыл нам много нового :D

https://giphy.com/gifs/C9xpJSxESaHvG1GG7p

https://giphy.com/gifs/2eK1steQlpsWFxvaeB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Whats the seekers FoV tho?

Modern INS units can do crazy stuff to weapons behavior, but no one canceled gyro drift yet. The errors would accumulate drastically after hard maneuvering like that... Not even sure in the end it would find itself in the right heading, so the target would be in the FoV

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seeker FoV is supposedly 180-ish. It's a fixed, hemispherical/oval, spiral monopulse seeker.

And you are right, INS has drift but it's not going to be so significant for that particular length of time. It has a maximum range of 80nm, which would take some 4 minutes to fly.

There ARE things that are not modeled (yet, I hope) such as the missile randomly choosing a target among co-located targets if it cannot separate them adequately, as well as a built-in priority list (lost the SA-10 signal? Who could we attack next?) and associated programming (insist on attacking SA-10 and ignore the rest). SAMs also need their AI to be a lot more realistic, turning radars on and off, scanning sectors only, scanning for a specific time only, sharing info, etc. All this is before we get into radar decoys.

So yes, there are a lot of things that are missing from ARMs in general in-game.

Whats the seekers FoV tho?

Modern INS units can do crazy stuff to weapons behavior, but no one canceled gyro drift yet. The errors would accumulate drastically after hard maneuvering like that... Not even sure in the end it would find itself in the right heading, so the target would be in the FoV

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Вопрос больше в том, было ли захвачено облучение до пуска (и соответственно загружено в голову ракеты), так как перезахват и запоминания позиции излучателя вполне себе заявлено в ракете. Тем более как видно она почти до конца летает по баллистической траектории, и только в конце нацеливается на облучение.

• ED Team

Мамадорогая

С ними будем говорить.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• ED Team
Вопрос больше в том, было ли захвачено облучение до пуска (и соответственно загружено в голову ракеты), так как перезахват и запоминания позиции излучателя вполне себе заявлено в ракете. Тем более как видно она почти до конца летает по баллистической траектории, и только в конце нацеливается на облучение.

Сомневаюсь что в режиме SP нужен захват до пуска.

Скорее всего ракета доворачивает на цель по ИНС, а потом пытается захватить то что ей передала СУВ.

The Self Protect or Launch Off RWR (SP/LOR) mode is a short to medium range mode used defensively to engage targets within 360 degrees of the launch aircraft. In SP mode the HARM is slaved to the aircraft's RWR and given a prioritised list of threats. The highest priority threat will be engaged after launch. The SP/LOR mode is similar to the TOO/HAS/DA mode, but provides a larger search footprint.

Edited by Chizh

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Ну, если "голова" получила данные о цели, то для меня чего то сверх удивительного нету в данных гифках, ракета вполне себе летает по баллистике до того как ГСН перезахватывает излучение. Единственное, не знаю есть ли там какие механизмы самоликвидации, и каковые условия их срабатывания.

• ED Team

Из странностей тут могу отметить только то что ракета не стала сразу разворачиваться на цель. С этим будем разбираться.

This is also a requirement for a lot of AAMs (and probably other missiles):

A missile is programmed to make 1) the initial turn to target and 2) point the seeker at the target. It is called 'english bias'.

In the case of HARM, you cannot point the seeker (it is fixed).

After the english bias maneuver is completed, the seeker begins to search for a target.

This exact process is also a reason why decoys are effective pre-launch, and not so much after the missile locks the target - so it would be nice to reproduce the process. There is a detailed account of how AIM-7F does this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Вопросы по ракетам будут, пока есть ситуация введения ракет с имитацией современных алгоритмов и одновременно сохраняются не очень умные системы ПВО с логикой и возможностями времен локона.

ИМХО наземка на поколения отстала от воздуха. Сколько было обсуждений моделек деревьев, но почему-то не было дебатов по поводу того, что на экране тепловизора в ДКС деревья исчезают, являя пилоту пехоту и даже мелкие неживые объекты типа покрышек.

вот еще про ракеты, мнение можно сказать эксперта - http://ausairpower.net/APA-Rus-BVR-AAM.html

очень нравятся формулировки по отношению к AIM-120

Edited by =KAG=RubiN

https://www.youtube.com/@KAG-RubyN

Су-27 Flanker| Су-33 Flanker-D| МиГ-29 Fulcrum|Су-25 Frogfoot| Ка-50 Hokum| Ми-24П Hind| Ми-8МТВ Hip| F/A-18C Hornet| F-16C Viper| F-15C Eagle| UH-1H Iroquois

H/W - CPU:i7-13700KF|MB:Z790|RAM:64GB DDR5 Kingston|GA: MSI NV RTX-4090|Oculus Quest 3| SSD:Kingston SFYRD2000G

APA is well known for cutting 'western' things in half, and doubling 'Eastern' things. APA might give you some good information about certain things, but unfortunately their work suits (or suited) a particular agenda, which was to get Australia to buy/maintain their F-111s, and try to buy F-22's instead of F-35s.

Specifically, the author/owner of APA was going to sell F-111 upgrades to Australia, so take everything you read there with a grain of salt. They are not experts and have no access to any classified information. In other words, they have the same public information that you and I do, and they also deliberately misrepresent it.

A better source for comparative studies is RAND. It is important to understand the scope and point of every one of their studies, but they actually explain their methodology etc. Kopp/APA, not so much.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it would be surprising if the information from sealed sources was in public access

https://www.youtube.com/@KAG-RubyN

Су-27 Flanker| Су-33 Flanker-D| МиГ-29 Fulcrum|Су-25 Frogfoot| Ка-50 Hokum| Ми-24П Hind| Ми-8МТВ Hip| F/A-18C Hornet| F-16C Viper| F-15C Eagle| UH-1H Iroquois

H/W - CPU:i7-13700KF|MB:Z790|RAM:64GB DDR5 Kingston|GA: MSI NV RTX-4090|Oculus Quest 3| SSD:Kingston SFYRD2000G

Хотелось бы чтоб зрячесть ГСН 24Н1 урезали до реальных +- 10 км а то сегодня пускал с 4-х км высоты на Су-25Т в режиме КС: С-25Л на 15 км, Х-25МЛ на 20 км и думаю это еще не предел. ЛД самолетов я так полагаю вы трогать не будете.