Where is TWS?

Avelis

Maybe I didn't search hard enough but I'm wondering why TWS isn't like... the HIGHEST priority for the Hornet. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to have the AGM-65 added to my arsenal but when it comes to A2A... I feel BLIND without TWS.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this feature is still missing?

i5 6600K, 16Gb DD4 3000, GTX 960 4Gb, 1TB SSD, TM T.16000M Stick and Throttle, Track IR 5.

The team decided it was not the highest priority?

Quite frankly, it has been an ongoing decision around here for months now with some people preferring to branch out into A/G stuff a bit more now and others insisting that should not be done until A/A is at top speed. No point in arguing either way, because it isn't like one of these ways is wrong.

Maybe I didn't search hard enough but I'm wondering why TWS isn't like... the HIGHEST priority for the Hornet. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to have the AGM-65 added to my arsenal but when it comes to A2A... I feel BLIND without TWS.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this feature is still missing?

Because the community voted and as it turns out, TWS and A2A in general is *not* the priority of the community as a whole.

Well... We have IFF and... I like TWS and all but wouldn't data link be more important than even TWS for A2A PVP effectiveness?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

If you check wags response, sorry i do not know exactly where, but i would check mini updates and read them.

he states the range scan adjustment while STT will be coming this patch which is a important feature before we get tws.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Slammers are damn near useless without TWS, but I like the priorities so far.

An all aspect dogfighting missile ? :)

I agree, progressing a balanced multi-role capability gives a more interesting aircraft more quickly than pursuing the A2A modes to the detriment of the multi-role aspects.

& while the F/A-18C is definitely a less capable aircraft without TWS to guide the AMRAAM, it's still a capable aircraft with only the AIM-7...

Looking back - the F-15 flew without the AMRAAM for 15 years, and the Hornet for 13 - & that's how it would have to have fought in that 1978 to 1991 period.

Cheers.

I agree, progressing a balanced multi-role capability gives a more interesting aircraft more quickly than pursuing the A2A modes to the detriment of the multi-role aspects.

& while the F/A-18C is definitely a less capable aircraft without TWS to guide the AMRAAM, it's still a capable aircraft with only the AIM-7...

Looking back - the F-15 flew without the AMRAAM for 15 years, and the Hornet for 13 - & that's how it would have to have fought in that 1978 to 1991 period.

TWS (or LTWS) is still incredibly helpful to fighting with the AIM-7 - being able to track your target and gain speed/altitude information without telegraphing what you're doing before you shoot is a huge tactical boon. It would also give us the ability to IFF targets without hard-locking them, the absence of which is a real handicap in the Hornet right now. It seems like the Hornet had TWS long before it had the AIM-120 (though I might be wrong on that, hard to find concrete dates).

***snap***

And this is fact that many players simply forget and its always complains in MP why no amrams etc.. :music_whistling:

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F/A-18 never flew without TWS and LTWS.

Never underestimate the power of SA

Yes, the main problem without LTWS or TWS is not able to guide multi AMRAAMs at one time.

Everytime need go STT to IFF in BVR and loseing SA is most frustrated thing for me.

It shows that ED does not play MP at all and doesn't understand why TWS is useful.

Who cares about amraams.

In the hornet, if you see four dots in a hot zone in front of you, with no awacs, you cannot fight.

By the time you lock all four, pray that IFF works (it does like 60% of the time) and you have a basic idea of who's enemy and who's friendly, the contact have moved around 5nm and all your information is now outdated.

It shows that ED does not play MP at all and doesn't understand why TWS is useful.

According to ED themselves less then 10% (dont know the exact number) regulary play MP. This forum is unrepresentative for the vast majority of SP players, because the amount of moaning that the Hornet is unusable in MP is unreal. I am now at a stage that everytime I see the word dissappointed I have to puke. And ED not understanding the very thing they are creating. What a joke.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

According to ED themselves less then 10% (dont know the exact number) regulary play MP. This forum is unrepresentative for the vast majority of SP players, because the amount of moaning that the Hornet is unusable in MP is unreal. I am now at a stage that everytime I see the word dissappointed I have to puke. And ED not understanding the very thing they are creating. What a joke.

That 10% that plays MP regularly is probably the most involved in DCS and have the most modules purchased per person. Also, the way I see it, complex servers like BF are the culmination of the DCS gameplay experience, and the only reason they are not even more popular is because they require a lot of effort and learning.

Do you mean this in the context of multi-target engagements? For a single target engagement STT is sufficient, is it not?

An STT scream at the enemy aircraft will result in a ‘spike’ call, a TWS lock and launch even on a single target will only result in the enemy calling ‘nails’ and will not know when a launch has occurred.

It’s generally not a good thing to announce your position, intentions and current actions in any kind of warfare but especially not in the modern air combat environment.

An STT lock is over kill in the BVR (with Fox 3’s) environment, resulting in lack of situational awareness and giving the enemy a ‘hard lock’ tone.

SOROS 1-1 reporting for duty!

That 10% that plays MP regularly is probably the most involved in DCS and have the most modules purchased per person.

:megalol::megalol::megalol: Such an arrogant claim without any evidence :megalol::megalol::megalol:

I own every module, even the C-101 (with 0,2 flight hours total) without playing MP and I'm by far not the only one.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]