DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be clear this only addresses the bug with steam version not starting.

We will have another patch later in the week also

thank you

Glad to hear that we do not have to wait much longer for a patch. Great work, guys. This is very much needed. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

"Great work"?

:music_whistling:

Remediation of issues encountered while testing in a public beta in 1 to 2 workdays, sounds pretty darn great to me... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I just returned home from a business trip and have yet to DL and install the most recent update. Is it better to wait and just install the next update, or should I go ahead and install this update and then the next fix?

I myself have had no issues, however obviously just from reading this thread that are many that do.

It is a very large update, as there is another coming later in the week might be worth just waiting.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

While there are several issues with comms, alpha textures, effects and tweaks to the new lighting model as well as performance I am fairly certain ED will iron those out in the next few updates. Sadly this kind of progress in the base engine has to be made at a cost. It'll pay off in the long run.

Major frame rate drop in VR here. Near dubai mostly, but still its going from stable 45fps to like 25-29 in 2.5.6. This is offline with 1 other unit on the map (faar away).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

other than slow load times my VR is running at 40-80 averaging more towards 55 -65. That is in Single Missions and I have the new SSLR turned on. I have a fairly high end system. No stuttering encountered so far.

Edited by Rocky49

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Night looks fantastic, but it did seem to me, that smaller cities (though the lighting looked great) had a rectilinear box around them, without the soft hazing of light as it diffuses over distance.
I think because in DCS, building lights aren't really light sources. They're really just textures.

I think because in DCS, building lights aren't really light sources. They're really just textures.

Yep, that's exactly it. Not the best solution, but maybe in the future ED is able to update the engine to allow more realistic lighting across the board.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks for the link draconus. So I guess with the new sound structure using mods now is not that easy/straight forward. I wonder why ED changed that :dunno:

I'll try the saved games folder trick as someone suggested in that thread...

Probably just because of that. It's just like with the views.lua where we could set our own FOV range. Banned on IC for quite a while now.

I'm lucky that I just exchanged a few sound files that are inside the Mods / CoreMods folders. But for how long?

We will have another patch later in the week also

thank you

I just hope this will fix my black screen... icon_question.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Nope they working weekends.

No one should work 'crunch time' just because of a bad release schedule.

Jepp... Friday patch came out, Saturday going over the feedback and start looking for root causes, Monday after 2 days(!) Steam release fixed. Likely another hotfix this week, so I think the response time is pretty awesome?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

agree, response time is pretty awesome, its just people forget they are on the BETA branch ...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Jepp... Friday patch came out, Saturday going over the feedback and start looking for root causes, Monday after 2 days(!) Steam release fixed. Likely another hotfix this week, so I think the response time is pretty awesome?

Their response time literally is nonexistent, immediately starting work on a fix as soon as the reports pop up.

I've once had a Fujitsu-Siemens server at work that stopped running. They literally had 48h response time for business customers. When after over a week the technician finally showed up, he just said that those 48h were split in 8h days, not counting weekends. So basically that means you'd have to wait up to 8 days. Took them another 3 days to show up again with the spare parts BTW as it would have been way too easy to bring them in the first place. Needless to say that the whole server got replaced right after that event.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team
So it appears that the Steam hotfix went through, as I'm now in a mission on 2.5.6. But I hope the frame rate is corrected in the update this week.

Edit: Flew a mission and now I can't log in. smh.

Sorry about that, login issues was due to different version numbers.

All fixed now by the team.

We are planning for a new patch as soon as it is ready will will let everyone know

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What do you guys think about the new style of the battle-damage-assessment-messages? I liked the older style much more. The blue backgound is somewhat annoying. Is there a way to revert this?

Not just backgound colour, but its Font and shape are not good.

I suggest the appearance what should be a MFD-page-like window.