More teasers !!

new terrain set (Georgia far to the Turkey border)

Outstanding! Bravo! Music to my ears -

as if it was Mozart's own birthday! :)

Can you help me to convince these fellows, to model Georgian vehicles for Su-25T/Ka-50 to encounter?

http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=156316&postcount=50

Or, ED has already own plans, for T-72/T-55/UH-1/Mi-24/Su-17/missile boat/Stinger?

So many great new mission ideas!! Really wonderful news, many thanks.

:) :) :)

-SK

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Also, make models of bmp's with the troops sitting on top of them as we see in the news and whatnot, something to do with MINES.

it would be cool, seeing them fly once you hit the bmp. just like that video.

• ED Team
as if it was Mozart's own birthday! :)

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Accounting the detals we are implementing now in Ka-50 we simply have not much time for flankers.

You will not get the same as there will be many enchancements in AI behavior (aircrafts and ground units), graphics (not HDR yet, as it needs complete revamp of the engine), completely new trees (SpeedTree engine), new terrain set (Georgia far to the Turkey border) and other things which are in the development now...

Did I miss something? Is all this planned for V1.2?

sigzk5.jpg

• ED Team
Is all this planned for V1.2?

Yes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Can you help me to convince these fellows, to model Georgian vehicles for Su-25T/Ka-50 to encounter?

http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=156316&postcount=50

Hmm...

http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=155446&postcount=104

I will see what I can do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... completely new trees (SpeedTree engine), new terrain set (Georgia far to the Turkey border) and other things which are in the development now............we will release F-16CJ.....

Will these new tree files be compatible with the old ones (in other words, will my "adding trees mod" still be usable?)

PS:Looking forward to the F-16CJ.

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

will be many enchancements in AI behavior (aircrafts and ground units), graphics (not HDR yet, as it needs complete revamp of the engine), completely new trees (SpeedTree engine), new terrain set (Georgia far to the Turkey border)

Great news!

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

Holy **** ! And I was so much worried that 1.2 would be mainly about the Ka-50 with no more resources left for the realy important stuff... I am highly impressed !

Since you are so talkative at the moment Olgerd, can I ask you a selfish question ? Do you know what the status is of the Aim-9P Sidewinder ( my model ) implementation ?

^^^^total new SIm's

Some people are upset that it will feature the F-16, but once they sit on its shiny cickable pit and take it to the skies with AFM they will abruptly change their minds. ;) The F-16 is the porche of Combat aircraft.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

^^^^total new SIm's

Some people are upset that it will feature the F-16, but once they sit on its shiny cickable pit and take it to the skies with AFM they will abruptly change their minds. ;) The F-16 is the porche of Combat aircraft.

Hmmm ... more like the Ford Sierra ... does just about every task, but isn't the best at any of them.

A comment on the F-16:

I realize many of you think that it's 'weird' due to F4, but if you think about it, the F-16 is a NATO aircraft which is multirole, AND has /enormous/ amounts of unclass information available for it. In other words, it simply MAKES SENSE to model it.

Personally I'd like to see my F-15C updated, but I'm in the same boat as all the flanker fans here. ;)

So be patient, and I'm pretty certain that the MiG-29SMT (or whichever modern version) that is modelled as the F-16 counterpart will not only be enjoyable for you, but will also whet your appetite for what'll be done with the flankers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

wow! amazing.. The devs are responding to us. :) . I guess the difference is in other boards at ubi etc....ppl are just rude and stupid.....over here...its a mature crowd that gathered and knows that ED will deliver. :D

anyways....selfish *on* ...lol! I would not mind a revamp of the A10 as well...but since thats for tank killers...

Olegrd, thanx for telling us that HDR is in development for later stuff...but is there a way you guys can enhance the *glare* effects...I mean in photoshop I used to increase contrast, decrease brightness, decrease saturation to end up with a little glare...then add a little blur to top it off.

One more comment.."" GREAT JOB, GREAT NEWS and WE ARE ALL SUPPORTING ED" :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

A little research....*damn..I should be doing research for my biochem course...not this... ;) :p *

SpeedTree:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Interactive Data Visualization’s (IDV) SpeedTreeRT is a C++ Application Programmer»s Interface (API) designed to provide access to SpeedTree data for interactive, real-time applications. SpeedTreeRT parses the ‘.spt’ files created with SpeedTreeCAD (a stand-alone Microsoft Windows® application) and delivers all tree data to the calling application via a well organized, easy to use API. Because SpeedTreeRT is independent of the rendering system, it is applicable to almost any situation where high quality, three dimensional trees must be rendered in real-time. SpeedTreeRTships with a comprehensive SDK that contains examples of how to render SpeedTrees in some of the more common renderingenvironments, such as DirectX, OpenGL, and the Gamebryo game engine.

SpeedTreeRT offers several critical advantages over traditional three dimensional tree rendering techniques (i.e., static meshes). First among these is automatic levels of detail (LOD) generation. A user configurable number of discreet LODs are computed based on the modeled tree. Transitions between these LODs are smoothed at run-time, allowing scenes to be populated with numerous trees without sacrificing performance or wasting time manually modeling each LOD. SpeedTreeRT also offers multiple solutions for applying wind to the trees in real-time. These solutions provide developers with both high fidelity and low CPU intensity wind options in their applications. The final critical advantage offered by SpeedTreeRT is optimal data organization for popular rendering systems. Organizing the data so that it seamlessly fits into your rendering method (e.g., OpenGL® vertex arrays, DirectX™ vertex buffers, etc.) means that SpeedTrees will render with maximum performance in your application.

SpeedTreeRT is ideally suited for game developers, vis-sim applications, architectural visualization, and any other real-time application where high quality, fast rendering trees are required. Whatever your application may be, SpeedTreeRT has the tools to deliver.

screen:::

unreal3_11.jpg

How Do I Use SpeedTreeRT In My Engine?

RealTimeDiagram_Thumb.jpg Because the SpeedTreeRT C++ library is a numerical engine, it doesn’t directly handle any of the rendering chores, but it does facilitate them. SpeedTree models are read by the SpeedTreeRT C++ class, which handles geometry reporting, wind animation, LOD transitions, lighting, and all other facets of render data preparation. Vertex coordinates, normals, colors, texture coordinates, indexed triangle strips, binormals, tangents, wind weights, and all LOD related data are retrieved via the API and then rendered by your rendering engine as you see fit. We provide wrapper classes that demonstrate how to render SpeedTrees in DirectX, OpenGL, and the Gamebryo game engine. You can use these wrappers directly, modify them to fit your engine, or create your own wrappers from scratch. This architecture (see the figure on the right) allows SpeedTree to manage tree computations (wind, billboarding, LOD transitions, etc.) without interfering with your rendering pipeline. We’re here to help you add great trees to your game, not take over your process!

We also provide plug-ins for Discreet’s 3ds max (version 4, 5, and 6) and Alias’ Maya (RT only) that help your artists use SpeedTree models during their "world building" tasks. These plug-ins allow you to import trees modeled in SpeedTreeCAD into their respective applications. Once imported, our foresting plug-ins allow you to define boundary shapes and terrain meshes for quick forest creation. When the world is complete, our exporter reports the position of each tree, its random seed, its size, and the location of all of its instances to our wrapper classes for reproduction in your application.

Automatic, Tunable LOD’s

LODs.jpg SpeedTreeRT’s automatic LOD generation and implementation is perhaps the most critical feature for building scenes with high tree counts. SpeedTreeRT computes a number of discreet LOD’s specified by the tree modeler. Each successive LOD model has reduced branch and leaf triangle counts relative to its predecessor while maintaining the basic structure of the tree. Trees are rendered at the appropriate LOD (wind behavior included) based on distance from the viewpoint and per-tree-configurable near and far LOD planes. If desired, transitions between discreet LOD levels are cleverly masked to prevent the “popping” sometimes associated with LOD solutions. The figure on the right depicts an example tree’s behavior in the SpeedTreeRT LOD system.

Dynamic Wind Effects

wind_magnets.jpg One of the major advantages of SpeedTreeRT is its ability to impart several different wind effects to trees in real-time. The basic wind effect present in all wind solutions is swaying leaves. Leaves sway based on a wind strength parameter set by the developer. The strength parameter can be changed at run-time to simulate gusty conditions or to make the tree react to the environment (i.e., missiles flying by, dinosaurs walking, etc.). Two additional wind modes combine leaf swaying with branch motion. The first of these utilizes the CPU to compute branch motion based on flexibility parameters specified in the tree model. The second mode uses the GPU to offload branch motion computations from the CPU.

Lighting Options

SpeedTreeRT provides multiple lighting options to developers. Dynamic lighting is accomplished by providing surface normal data for branches, leaves, and fronds. Static lighting effects are availableby providing light source information (i.e., position, color, attenuation, etc.) at load time. SpeedTreeRT computes appropriate vertex colors based on light data and tree position. Both lighting modes include the ability to darken or “dim” leaves gradually as they approach the interior of the tree. This technique simulates self shadowing and imparts a better sense of depth to the trees when they are rendered.

What Comes With SpeedTreeRT?

Complete real-time tree rendering solution; package includes:

• Complete source code for SpeedTreeRT C++ numerical engine
  • Three months free support
  • Numerous example C++ applications for rendering SpeedTree geometry in DirectX, OpenGL, and NDL’s Gamebryo
  • Full C++ source code for 1-million tree forest application
  • SpeedTreeCAD
  • All tree libraries (and all new tree models made during active support)
  • Extensive documentation
  • SpeedTreeMAX 3ds max plug-ins for forest creation and animation rendering

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

SpeedShadow

SpeedShadow is a shadow map plugin that enhances 3ds max's standard shadow maps so that the opacity mapped leaves on SpeedTree models cast correct shadows. Because standard shadow maps do not support opacity maps, SpeedShadow allows max users to have the speed benefits of shadow maps without losing accuracy. The images below show a tree rendered both with standard shadow maps and SpeedShadow.

shadowmap.jpg

Standard shadow maps

speedshadow.jpg

SpeedShadow

SpeedForest

speedforest.jpg

Because SpeedTree allows users to create low-detail trees, we felt that foresting controls were a natural extension. Simply draw a spline (with or without holes) and populate it with trees at whatever density you want. SpeedTree will even follow the curvature of the terrain they are placed upon. SpeedForest is a utility plugin that allows 3ds max users to use boundary shapes (lines, circles, etc.) and terrain meshes to define regions of trees. Just select the objects you want to be in the forest (they don’t even have to be SpeedTrees!), enter how many of each one you would like to see, select the boundary shapes and terrain meshes and SpeedForest does the rest. The picture below shows SpeedForest in action.

What Comes With SpeedTreeMAX?

Evals & Purchasing

The SpeedTreeMAX bundle can be purchased directly from Digimation for $395 USD. Contact Digimation for a free evaluation of SpeedTreeMAX.

movies::::::::::

http://www.speedtree.com/html/downloads_movies.htm

screens::::::::::::::

http://www.speedtree.com/html/downloads_images.htm

check out movies..trees of panagea...OMG1! amazing..the grass...the trees...wow....and the movement.....holy shit........

EDIT:::

OMG!!! theyhave demos as well...realtime running on your computer,...trying now...will post shots....gotta go....lol...

lol!

ED now need a biologist....who has to classify and select trees in particular regions...so that you don't see palm tress while flying low....lol!

Detail02.jpg

screen taken by myself...smooth fps....no stuttering...at 1280 x 1024.

sc16id.jpg

check out these trees::

http://www.speedtree.com/tree_browser/index.htm

BTW....I almost forgot...

Olegrd, can you pls try to make trains placable and removable on maps....so that we can use missions with them.. please.....that will be movie style gaming...:D