VVS504 Dedicated Server Air 2 Ground Day...TODAY !

he nearly had me yesterday, he was on my 6, shooting away with his cannon in his a10, and i cant believe that i got away, I think he ran out of bullets and he turned tail, so I turned and was just getting in missile range in my 25t, then he says, ok guys, am out cya :eek: I had tone and everything, then his plane just vanished. :(

I tried to plead with him to stay, but I think he already left the server.

Well here is my tale from the server.

Enter server in my 25T and spool up and do checks. Looking to my side I see No12 on the apron as well, a quick check on the server list and i see its Pak. Call up the tower and I am given permission to taxi to the active then when on the active I get permission to take off. Just as I am about to rotate a Su-25T taxis on to the wrong side of the runway, Guess who.

At IP now and I see a few targets so the get 2 Kh-29T's and a 25ML for their troubles as soon as these are launched Gazehound tells me that an AAA is engaging him and can I get a visual on tracers. I reply that I can't but he explains where he is and I get a visual on 8 ground targets. First pass I take out 4 with Vikhrs and as I am on egress I hear an explosion, Ah there must be a SAM down there because no enemy aircraft were seen in the area. While dispatching the other 4 targets on the second pass another explosion is heard, again no enemy aircraft in area, gaze confirms this on TS. Then wham I'm hit with gunfire and with one engine lost I dump all remaining AG ordinance I start evasion manoeuvres and hunt for the enemy. Again no enemy is seen in area. Like WTF????? On my way back to base the mission rotates.

Right I say lets check the Debrief to see who or what it was firing at me. Oh right at the same time I was engaged Pak fired 2 R-60 and 2 73's. So pretty pissed at this I types in the chat box. "Pak, did you engage an aircraft on an attack run?” "Missile and gun attack" was the reply. "Did you visually ID that the aircraft was enemy". "ID?" was the reply. "Yes identify the aircraft next time that was me you fired at".

Just another night on the server :icon_lol:

I know I was on this morning GMT..server went back to orig server..I meant when is the Mud Moving server gonna be back up ;)

Air to ground only missions will be run every saturday night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The VVS504 Dedicated server willbe running a whole day for Lockon mud movers.

Every Saturday for 24 hours the server will host A-10 and Su-25 missions only.

Su-25/A-10 versus Su-25/Su-25T against ground targets varying from hummers to KUB launcher systems.

Pit your wits and skills against the ground units and maybe a lost Hog/Frog .

Just added 3 brand new missions in the rotator : More to come

24 Plane A2G = SEAD, CAS

Red = Su25 x8 / Su25T x4

Blue = A10A x8 / Su25T x4

50+ targets each moving and stationary !!

Armor War V3 "Pure A2G" = SEAD (LGM Only), CAS

Red = Su25 x6 / Su25T x4 (no ARM)

Blue = A10A x10

FLOTZILLA != SEAD, CAS

Red = Su25 x8 / Su25T x4

Blue = A10A x8 / Su25T x4

More ground units than used in the last 2 Gulf Wars !!!!!! ;) ITS BIG !!

The server will switch to "Air2Ground" at approximatly 09:00* on Saturday morning and switch back approximatly 09:00* Sunday morning.

There is a public Teamspeak Server (below for Teamspeak download link) to aid teamwork all are welcome.

Teamspeak connection details :- IP = www.vvs504.co.uk:8777 (dont click, copy and paste)

You will need these programs to join in the fun : HYPER LOBBY & TEAMSPEAK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-SATURDAY = AIR TO GROUND DAY-

*All times GMT

Can I make one little comment ... there seemed to be a number of palyers having difficulty finding targets (me included) ... just flying around for ages in ever expanding circles ... please add some clues - attack points or what ever, after all in RL you would probably have a FAC with a designator to give you some indication of target location. There was nothing in the brief.

Also allow the map ... so when you find something, you can tell other a/c - "Targets north of town X" ...

Can I make one little comment ... there seemed to be a number of palyers having difficulty finding targets (me included) ... just flying around for ages in ever expanding circles ... please add some clues - attack points or what ever, after all in RL you would probably have a FAC with a designator to give you some indication of target location. There was nothing in the brief.

Also allow the map ... so when you find something, you can tell other a/c - "Targets north of town X" ...

There was some confusion on one of the maps...I dont know why, perhaps the breifings were too vague or maybe one was missing, I found targets ok.

Basically go to your furthest waypoint and spot targets, Targets being anything further than that waypoint. I believe it was intended to make you search for them. The waypoints were good enough to find the targets I think because I didnt get lost, or hit freindlies and I ride fighters :P

If you are used to having target diamonds around your targets, or labels on then you will have struggled.

Perhaps it would have helped if they were moving ... I kept targeting oil well pumps ... to me they looked vehicles from a distance!

LOL!!

One thing that I think was weird was that in the mission briefing, the map was blank. It should have shown where the flights were as well as MOST of the targets. Dunno what happened there, maybe a server setting was fubar.

And remember, Saturdays are not the only a2g days--all missions in our rotation have a2g action. Our new missions we are building have SAM coverage between your home airfields and the target areas, so a2g guys have a safe area to retreat to if threatened by fighters. Only trick to this is that both sides will now have Su-25T's on SEAD duty, so the other side's SEAD will likely take away some of your SAM umbrella. Hopefully this will open up a bit more tactics, fighter guys will want to take down the other side's SEAD, while protecting their own. To this end, I hope that our TS is made available at all times for people to coordinate with each other (wink wink Wolfie . . .).

We are fully open to ideas or requests for our missions!! If you have any, speak up in our forums at: http://www.vvs504.co.uk/squad-ops/index.php?

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
Well here is my tale from the server.

Enter server in my 25T and spool up and do checks. Looking to my side I see No12 on the apron as well, a quick check on the server list and i see its Pak. Call up the tower and I am given permission to taxi to the active then when on the active I get permission to take off. Just as I am about to rotate a Su-25T taxis on to the wrong side of the runway, Guess who.

At IP now and I see a few targets so the get 2 Kh-29T's and a 25ML for their troubles as soon as these are launched Gazehound tells me that an AAA is engaging him and can I get a visual on tracers. I reply that I can't but he explains where he is and I get a visual on 8 ground targets. First pass I take out 4 with Vikhrs and as I am on egress I hear an explosion, Ah there must be a SAM down there because no enemy aircraft were seen in the area. While dispatching the other 4 targets on the second pass another explosion is heard, again no enemy aircraft in area, gaze confirms this on TS. Then wham I'm hit with gunfire and with one engine lost I dump all remaining AG ordinance I start evasion manoeuvres and hunt for the enemy. Again no enemy is seen in area. Like WTF????? On my way back to base the mission rotates.

Right I say lets check the Debrief to see who or what it was firing at me. Oh right at the same time I was engaged Pak fired 2 R-60 and 2 73's. So pretty pissed at this I types in the chat box. "Pak, did you engage an aircraft on an attack run?” "Missile and gun attack" was the reply. "Did you visually ID that the aircraft was enemy". "ID?" was the reply. "Yes identify the aircraft next time that was me you fired at".

Just another night on the server :icon_lol:

hehe, not starting a flame war here, but on saturday, there was me, mustang and pak on the server, me and pak on same side, both in 25s and mustang, if i remember it was him was on other side in a a10.

I took off, and couldnt see any targets, i asked if there was any ground targets left. Pak replied yes, only red ones, which meant all blue were dead and basically i had nowt to kill, so i took my frustration out on a convoy of ours, since it was only us 3 in the server and the mission was nearly out of time.

Minutes later i saw about 20+ blue ground targets merrily makeing there way towards that convoy i just wiped out.

So much for the NO MORE GROUND TARGETS LEFT. :icon_wink

Nice :)

Do you need a supercomputer to play though?

I'm a bit concerned with the large amounts of ground units...

No, mines crap.

Make sure you edit your config.lua (lockon/config/network/config.lua) to

idletimout=600

gametimeout=600

The default values can make you ping out while you are loading large missions.

edited to remove stoopidity