Mirage 2000c issues

guilhermemtr

Hi all!

I bought the M2000c expansion about 5 days ago, and I've been experiencing some issues (probably something went wrong during the installation).

My main problems are:

1) I can't choose any skins in the mission editor (there are simply no skins to choose from).

2) The radar does not detect enemies in some situations (I don't know which, it looks arbitrary).

3) The missiles do not deal any damage to enemies (I hit the same aircraft twice with the super 530d, both splashed (otherwise it wouldn't have been a hit), but the plane kept on going intact)

4) The gun does not inflict any damage as well (I even saw the animation of the bullets hitting the plane (the same that didn't get any damage from the two previous missiles)).

How can I fix these issues?

Setup:

Hardware: i5-4690, 16 Gb ddr3 1600, GTX 970

The skins issue is probably because you're not choosing France for country. Most skins will only work on country they represent although some can be chosen with any country.

Ok, thank you! (I checked and it works :))

1) check! :)

Setup:

Hi all!

I bought the M2000c expansion about 5 days ago, and I've been experiencing some issues (probably something went wrong during the installation).

My main problems are:

1) I can't choose any skins in the mission editor (there are simply no skins to choose from).

2) The radar does not detect enemies in some situations (I don't know which, it looks arbitrary).

3) The missiles do not deal any damage to enemies (I hit the same aircraft twice with the super 530d, both splashed (otherwise it wouldn't have been a hit), but the plane kept on going intact)

4) The gun does not inflict any damage as well (I even saw the animation of the bullets hitting the plane (the same that didn't get any damage from the two previous missiles)).

How can I fix these issues?

2) did you set the correct radar elevation?

3) planes set to immortal?

4) see 3

Edited by razo+r

My main problems are:

covered by cthulhu68

You'll need to give us some more detail - a track or Tacview file at least.

The radar is far from perfect and seems to work best in it's default 4 bar mode. I've no trouble picking up most aircraft L-39, Yak-40, E-2. Range is around 50 nm. 20nm is good for altitude coverage. Far out 50nm some returns are weak/missed. Close in <10nm target can be above/below the scan if you didn't monitor the targets altitude or it changes. Also it takes time for a full scan, so switching to vertical or horizontal dogfight mode might be better. I've left the radar in a wrong sub mode without realising and wondered why I couldn't find any targets.

If the target notches @90° the Doppler filter will drop it if it's below the horizon and lost in ground returns. If the forum's are correct - if it's relative speed to you is =+/- 10kt the side-lobe filter for ground return will filter it as well.

Still new to the module myself, so can't confirm everything, but when I haven't been able to find a target, tacview has always shown a plausible reason.

Again - need a track, acmi or at least the name of the aircraft. I'd suspect general DCS damage modelling if it's vs the AI. I've heard the 530D is weak but haven't had any issues myself in SP (yak-40, L-39, etc).

As above, I've shot and killed both air and ground targets. Sounds like you encountered a bad damage model or had a MP desync where you saw damage but the server didn't?

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Regarding the radar elevation: to be honest, I don't remember.

It was vs AI, and after you said that I remembered watching a youtube video where the same plane (the same model) was hit twice by the magic missiles, but nothing happened.

I'll recreate this tomorrow (or at least try, since part of it was online) and I'll install tacview to send the log of the flight.

Setup:

... or at least try, since part of it was online

Note: MP replays are saved automatically and found in

"\Saved Games\DCS\Tracks\Multiplayer"

The track name will be "client-YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS.trk" where YYYYY=year, MM=month, etc.

Replays can be imperfect but I've played a 1 hr 30 min 1.5.7 track that was pretty accurate, so perhaps you will be equally lucky.

Time acceleration can cause problems but as long as your frame rate is ~24ps - you might try LCtrl+Z to increase replay speed, LAlt+Z to decrease, LShift+Z = normal speed.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Sorry for the delay.

About (2), I was definitely using the wrong altitude, my bad (what happened was that I am using a new hotas and when I made that flight (during which I was not detecting enemy airplanes on the radar) I had just set one of the sliders to be used as an axis for M2000c radar's altitude).

Regarding the damage of the missile, it was very very similar to this situation:

(The plane I hit was the same, so it is very likely that it is an issue with the damage modelling for some AI planes, as Ramsay suggested).

Setup: