DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Here is initial support for AJS37. Only the channel/frequency selection works. I was unable to get modulation and volume settings working. I will update as the module changes (the radios are currently refered as TESTRADIO for FR24 and TESTRADIO2 for FR22)

I made a pull request with these changes.

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/pull/160

Install: replace the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua with the one from github or one attached in \Saved Games\DCS\Scripts or wait for the next release.

DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua

ajs37rad.PNG.377dcbdaa5cf9a012ba0b537036b45d1.PNG

Aemvee, if you can try:

Selection of the FR-22 OR FR-24 is made by the selector "3110".

Via Modelviewer: (elements["PNT_386"] = default_3_position_tumb("FR22 Mode Selector",devices.TESTRADIO2,3110,-666,false,false))

From left to right:

Far left: FR-22+GUARD, 3 middle positions: 3 FR-24 presets, far right: FR-22 without Guard.

For now I´m unable to have only one selected for "receive and talk". There would be only one selected radio, FR22 or 24, to listen, selected through the "3110" connector.

Hello,I have installed SRS,but I find that there is loud noise with our voice(which is felt like using a really really bad micphone and not like a normal radio noise).

So we have to reduce the mic boost to -90% to reduce the noise.

The distance setting of the server is off.

Is that normal??

Edited by tifafan

Hi,

Is there a way to stream audio into a channel?

So all my group can hear the music/audio I stream to a specific channel they tune to?

like directing the SRS to a specific folder with audio files and select the channel it plays on....

Is this in the works maybe??

Thanks.

Callsign   SETUP

Hi,

So all my group can hear the music/audio I stream to a specific channel they tune to?

like directing the SRS to a specific folder with audio files and select the channel it plays on....

Thanks.

Simple Radio only takes audio inputs for input, you can install virtual audio cable then play your music with whatever you like with the virtual audio cable as output and select the virtual audio cable for input in Simple Radio.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Hi,

Thanks.

It can be done, but you need a dedicated PC running DCS as a spectator for this. The SRS server must also allow spectator comms.

Here's how I did it:

1. Install VB Cable and select this as your sound output and mic source. This forwards audio directly to the mic channel.
  2. Create a script in Autohotkey that will allow you to toggle a keypress on (e.g. ScrollLock) with a single key combo. I'm away from my server, but I can upload the script I wrote at a later date if you like.
  3. Run the Autohotkey script
  4. Join your SRS server as a client. If you're running the server, still log in using the client application.
  5. Load DCS and turn off the Sound in the Options Menu. Otherwise engine noise will step all over your broadcast (VR Cable forwards all audio). Also recommend running in windowed mode so you can alt-tab easily for controlling your playlist.
  6. Join the server (or create the server session) and remain as a spectator.
  7. Select your band and frequency using the SRS overlay.
  8. Use your Autohotkey macro to key the mic and keep it on.
  9. Start your playlist.

Maintaining formation while head-banging is up to you! :thumbup:

EDIT: if anybody has experience programming for mobile platforms (e.g. iPhone or Android), being able to directly do this with an existing playlist would be a killer add-on. The mobile user could join the server with spectator privileges with a single frequency or choice of multicast frequencies without having to run DCS, and it would also save people the trouble of getting up to manipulate the other PC to start/stop the radio station.

Edited by Home Fries

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the receiving communications (RX) (Trasmission (TX) is ok with SimpleRadioStandalone: often I lose communications in the reception of all three radio A-10C, then resume operation and then repeat it.

I follow the troubleshooting, but I haven't solved.

Has Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Shark_68

It can be done, but you need a dedicated PC running DCS as a spectator for this. The SRS server must also allow spectator comms.

Here's how I did it:

1. Install VB Cable and select this as your sound output and mic source. This forwards audio directly to the mic channel.
  2. Create a script in Autohotkey that will allow you to toggle a keypress on (e.g. ScrollLock) with a single key combo. I'm away from my server, but I can upload the script I wrote at a later date if you like.
  3. Run the Autohotkey script
  4. Join your SRS server as a client. If you're running the server, still log in using the client application.
  5. Load DCS and turn off the Sound in the Options Menu. Otherwise engine noise will step all over your broadcast (VR Cable forwards all audio). Also recommend running in windowed mode so you can alt-tab easily for controlling your playlist.
  6. Join the server (or create the server session) and remain as a spectator.
  7. Select your band and frequency using the SRS overlay.
  8. Use your Autohotkey macro to key the mic and keep it on.
  9. Start your playlist.

Maintaining formation while head-banging is up to you! :thumbup:

EDIT: if anybody has experience programming for mobile platforms (e.g. iPhone or Android), being able to directly do this with an existing playlist would be a killer add-on. The mobile user could join the server with spectator privileges with a single frequency or choice of multicast frequencies without having to run DCS, and it would also save people the trouble of getting up to manipulate the other PC to start/stop the radio station.

Simple Radio only takes audio inputs for input, you can install virtual audio cable then play your music with whatever you like with the virtual audio cable as output and select the virtual audio cable for input in Simple Radio.

Thank you both for your answers!

Seems way too much fuss unfortunately... Coug4r - if I select a virtual device as my input - I will not be able to talk as well on my actual input device as you can select only 1 device.

but maybe it can be mixed with a supporting driver...

If Criribob wont implement it in the code and make it simple enough (as in browse to select a folder with music and select a frequency to stream to on demand) it wont happen I guess...

Ciribob? do you hear? :smilewink:

Callsign   SETUP

? You can run a client on the DCS+SR server machine, no need for another PC running DCS.

Yes. The point is that the radio station must be on a PC other than a client using SRS for comms. The SRS server works for this, assuming it isn't used by an active participant.

Hi!

Had my first online test few days ago and was really impressed by the simple radio software :)

Only trouble I have is in the A-10 to use presets on the UHF radio. Everything seem to work using presets for the FM radio, I can program those then switch to preset and each preset gives the right frequency, but on the UHF, I try to save presets and when selecting them I don't have the correct frequencies !?

Is this a known bug? Thanks!

Hi!

Had my first online test few days ago and was really impressed by the simple radio software :)

Only trouble I have is in the A-10 to use presets on the UHF radio. Everything seem to work using presets for the FM radio, I can program those then switch to preset and each preset gives the right frequency, but on the UHF, I try to save presets and when selecting them I don't have the correct frequencies !?

Is this a known bug? Thanks!

The radio pulls the frequencies straight out of the aircraft radio so if its not coming through than actually the ingame radio isnt set to that frequency.

To be sure (and check its not a bug) You could try a quick test by setting up a radio transmission on a frequency in the DCS mission editor and then try tuning to that frequency first manually, and then with the channel configured and see if you can actually here it.

Glad you liked it. Sorry i've not managed to work on it.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Extracted files and ran the exe. but no files were loaded to any of the three Dcs versions I'm running. What did i do wrong? Was hoping to avoid manual install

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Lol I'm not at my comp right now but.....wtf I may have missed that step. Thanks for your reply.

Sigh!...wiping egg of my face

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Not working for me in MiG-29S. Says "unknown" on all 3 channels in radio overlay. Latest SRS (1.2.9.2).

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Ya I get the same only tried the f5 tho

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Really nice!

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in this thread, but a search yielded nothing.

Could someone explain "Allow More Input Devices" a little bit more? The dialog says that "Turning this on will allow almost any DirectX device to be used as input ... but may cause issues with other devices being detected".

(1) Does this apply to within SRS or outside? i.e., if I enable this option, will it mean that if I ever add a new device to my system, Windows/other games will not be able to detect it until this option is disabled?

(2) I have some Thrustmaster MFD's that I want to use as radio # selectors, but their key-presses are not detected. I presume enabling this option will allow that, but to avoid the consequences of "issues with other devices being detected" can I enable this option, have the MFD's be registered as a device, then disable the option?

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this post, but any chance we could get an update that lowers default microphone boost by like 50% ? Im tired of endless radio checks that blow my ears out. Love SR in general though!

I've thought about it but for some the boost needs to be the other way, above 0 so i think that'll confuse people even more.

What I want to do is add a check to make sure you've done preview audio at least once before connecting to try to help with it a bit.

So please, to all, always preview audio and adjust boost for the good of your fellow pilots ears :)

Not working for me in MiG-29S. Says "unknown" on all 3 channels in radio overlay. Latest SRS (1.2.9.2).

Ya I get the same only tried the f5 tho

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Please follow the troubleshooting guide linked in my signature. Double check that your're running the radio as Admin and you've allowed SRS through any firewalls

Daniel, does it work for every aircraft except Mig29?

For both - Check the logs directory in Save Games/DCS and check inside the 3 simple radio log files for errors.

Really nice!

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in this thread, but a search yielded nothing.

Could someone explain "Allow More Input Devices" a little bit more? The dialog says that "Turning this on will allow almost any DirectX device to be used as input ... but may cause issues with other devices being detected".

(1) Does this apply to within SRS or outside? i.e., if I enable this option, will it mean that if I ever add a new device to my system, Windows/other games will not be able to detect it until this option is disabled?

(2) I have some Thrustmaster MFD's that I want to use as radio # selectors, but their key-presses are not detected. I presume enabling this option will allow that, but to avoid the consequences of "issues with other devices being detected" can I enable this option, have the MFD's be registered as a device, then disable the option?

All it does is expand the devices that it polls to enable things like the MFDs. The issue is this can cause problems, only for SRS, in detecting button inputs on other devices you're already using.

No harm in trying though but remember to restart SRS once you enable or disable the option.

Will not effect anything else on your system. :)

Update

Looking like I may have a home again and access to PC by Mid March now so hopefully development (and some DCS flying) will continue then.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord