Runtime Error!

DOL

Hello everyone.

I need help.

After updating from 2.5.3 to 2.5.4, when trying to fly my WW2 plane (use P-51D cockpit) by a player, an error comes out.

However, when it is AI plane, it works perfectly.

What should I do for solving this problem?

error.thumb.jpg.bf26c5251024890c96a04000df2312cd.jpg

Maybe the Mod is using an older version Mustang cockpit, I’d try to inject on it the cockpit of 2.5.4 mustang’s

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Are there those whom this problem does not engender?

Hi,

Today I tried one of the WW2 Mods that I had .. it used to work fine, but the last time I tried it was about 6 months ago

Today I reinstalled this Mod (by WWII ADC), copied over the newest P-51D files, DCS starts and lets me put the aircraft on a Mission, but when trying to run it I get your same error :(

l2gpqHS.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this and the Modders group is not frequenting these Forums anymore :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hey guys. This doesn't seem to be only just a mod related issue. I received it as well once upon re-installing DCS 2.5 OB. My best guess is to re-install the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library. Here is a good website to check out on this issue: https://appuals.com/fix-microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error-in-windows-10/

For those who are tl;dr, here is what you can do.

Method 1: Update display driver(s)

Go to device manager, Display Adapters, right click, "update driver."

Method 2: Re-install display driver(s)

Method 3: Re-install/repair MSV C++ Runtime

EDIT: I also have found that you want to check for windows update, do any repairs to DCS, and try re-installing your MSV Redistribute files. Go to Program Files/DCS World OpenBeta/distr and open the 2 files.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Sirius

Thanks ... will give it a try and then come back :)

Hey guys. This doesn't seem to be only just a mod related issue. I received it as well once upon re-installing DCS 2.5 OB. My best guess is to re-install the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library.

Hello,

Your guess seemed promising, as the error message cames from the Visual C Runtime, so I went and took a look at my PC's runtime ... holy shit, over the time I've had this Windows it had accumulated all these versions of the Runtime:

kZLa0Yk.jpg

Particularly suspicious was the highlighted runtime, with its russian editor and having a duplicate version just below it .... I uninstalled them all.

Rebooted, disabled all my Mods and run a DCS_Updater Cleanup and Repair ... afterwards I also run Office to make sure that I had all the runtimes corresponding to these programs (DCS & Office).

Turns out that the Runtime that the Updater installed was just this:

90izspX.jpg

Unfortunately, the error with the Mod is not solved ... but hey, I'm happy, I recovered a lot of disk space with all those old runtimes lying around :)

... so it turned out a good advice of yours, and I comment it here because it may serve other people with SSD's too full.

Cheers!

Eduardo